Forza 7 PC Demo coming 9/19

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SerotoNiN, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Don't forget that there are two other platforms that are being pushed ahead of PC version (X1+X1X). Already the rhetoric is the X1S demo is better than PC (by those who've been comparing the two versions). Next up will be X1X vs PC. Expect things to get patched, but, not fast enough to affect X1 sales numbers. We're lucky PCars2 is offering some competition...

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The CPU usage wasn't screwed up when I tried it, and was scaling across 4 cores for me.
    I didn't try it with HT enabled though, butI'm also running it at my lower clocked bios setting as my PC is used more as HTPC/media server nowadays.

The game had no performance issues that I could find, and I imagine much of the code is shared with the low clocked multi-core Xbox One versions, so I have a feeling people may be misreading what they are monitoring, in a similar way to the old fashioned thinking of trying to get ram usage as low as possible.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    The game just sits on the loading screen after you sign into your xbox live account, the loading wheel spins at the bottom right corner, and it just plays the video of the camera moving through and around the cars....

WTF? Been doing this now for about 5 minutes and still going. Its installed on a fast samsung 850 pro SSD too???

4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Sounds like my experience when I finally broke down and paid that horrid price for Horizon 3 only for it basically load menu, press play, would crash somewhere in the next loading. Was that way for weeks, so mad and disappointed.
    I’ve got the demo installed but just lazy to:drag my racing rig to my pc.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Played it yesterday (demo) on our xbox one-Seems pretty cool but I do not see anything new compared to the previous Forza.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The biggest changes are:

(a) The first full Forza Motorsport game on PC!
    (b) The addition of 4K textures (hence why the game is 100 GB in size!).
    (c) Dynamic lighting and weather for the first time in the series.

(c) should add a lot of variety to the game plus it boasts over 700 cars and the biggest track count to date. Should be fantastic. I know Project CARS 2 releases in an hour but, for me, Forza Motorsport is *the* racing sim as nothing else comes close to it in terms of polish, presentation and overall user-friendliness (I.e. it caters as much for the casual gamer as it does for the petrolheads). The only thing that has really held back the franchise in my honest opinion is the fact it is exclusive to Xbox hardware which meant graphical compromises (2D trees and crowds and until now a lack of dynamic weather and lighting). It's leagues ahead of Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo in my humble view since that series takes so long to arrive between releases and features such a mixed bag of graphics (early PS2 cars mixed with PS3 ones for example, screen tearing, variable framerates, poor menu design) and audio (car sounds have always been especially poor). Forza is really in a class of its own, only challenged by Project CARS in recent years.

nz3777 likes this.
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    From the reports I've read, it uses more than one core, but the point is that it hammers a single core more than any other which behaves more like a DX11 game than DX12 game. Here is a screenshot that a guy on NeoGaf posted which shows exactly what I am talking about. It seems the changes to the CPU thread models that made it into FH3 hasn't made it in FM7 yet, at least going by the demo.

[​IMG]

Since the demo is locked to 60 FPS, main loading a single core is fine. But in the retail version the FPS cap will be removed, and if you want to hit much higher FPS, they will need to engage all CPU cores and threads.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    It has its core0 100% moments but only by main menu, loading screen, and start of the game. Then it goes full multi core. Forza3 or forza apex had it worse, also by racing

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    DSOgaming is reporting that Turn 10 claims that the maxing out of a single core is intentional to reduce input latency.

So basically, it's a design decision apparently :rolleyes: Well if this is true, it's a retarded decision. FH3 ran much better after they updated the thread model to spread out the workload to other cores, so why would they try to implement the same failed policy that so many PC gamers complained about before the patch was released?

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I only play racing games with an Xbox One Elite controller so any potential mouse lag issues are not going to affect me.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I found that by selecting 60 FPS (V-Sync) in the settings menu that the game runs above 60 FPS, oddly to half the refresh rate of my 165 Hz screen. I saw it max. out at 87 FPS. It's clearly some kind of bug but if you have a high refresh monitor and use G-SYNC/FreeSync then that is one potential workaround for the 60 FPS cap.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Interesting, I'll have to try that later. I downloaded and installed it this morning, and after trying the Dubai and Nurburgring races, I can honestly say the game is exceptionally gorgeous and very well optimized. It automatically scaled my resolution to 4K, and I changed the settings from dynamic to full on ultra with 4x MSAA and it ran at 60 FPS locked with no stuttering or hitching detected.

But of course the specter of the maxed out cores remains. I ran MSI Afterburner during the test, and it definitely showed that two of my cores were at 100% practically all the time during the game:

[​IMG]

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    damn this can give forza motorsport 7 a run for it's money graphics wise, looks damn good

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I think you might be in the wrong thread man :D

ramthegamer likes this.
  15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, don't do that to me on a Friday night. I'm easily confused.

If i get time before my crazy toddler gets me up i will try and test the game with a very low clock speed to see if i can deliberately create performance issues.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Congratulations :)

big ROBOT bill and ramthegamer like this.
  17. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    I downloaded the demo but when i run the game a popup flashes through the games window (always boots in windowed mod)...beginning to think its a MS privilege issue, also xbox login doesnt work...just say please try again later.

18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    This thing hitches like crazy on my system. 6700k, 1070gtx, 32gb ram

19. Leodie

Leodie Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    First impression: Runs smooth like butter, but once every now and then it freezes for a few seconds. but i can live with it. Gameplay is okay, it does feel like an arcade game, but some suggestions say that you can play around with advanced option in controller menu, deadzones and such.

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i have no problem running the game at 1440p, 60 fps, runs flawlessly on my system, but for me its very hard to get a good lap time in my first event in career at brands hatch with the renault clio, im doing my absolute best but still 3 sec off the pace setter pole position, any recommendations? im playing with the xbox 360 controller, im not making any mistakes as im mostly full throttle on the lap, but still 3 sec off the pole position, its frustrating me...