Forza 5 Ported to DX12 PC in 4 Just Months

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 20, 2014.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    This.

What gets me is PC gamers that can't accept both worlds. I have a decent rig, AND I have a ps4 and xbox one. I just enjoy gaming.

PC is always more powerful but the list of exclusives that I like have dwindled on the PC. Gone are the days of Quake, Doom, Half-life exclusives..hell at one point Battlefield was only on PC (1942).

Now games like Infamous, 1886, Uncharted, Halo, Forza, Killzone, are all exclusives to the console. So while in power terms it's inferior, it's exclusives are superior.

Some PC gamers just come off as bitter " I can't play this game and this game, so I'll just resort to how powerful my rig is...that still doesn't have those games"

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    only game i am miffed never got a pc port was red dead redemption that game was that good. the rest meh. and i have rdr on ps3 i still wanted it for pc.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    SerotoNiN, far too many are bitter, and it's a shame as because of that i don't like to label myself as a PC gamer around people, so i do tend to get pissed off at modern PC gamers alot.

The way i see it, and how it really is in the real world is that the PC platform gets the games and ports it deserves.

If it looks like a game wont appeal to the PC gaming masses, then it wont get ported at all, if it looks like it might appeal to some, but not all then it will get a basic port.

4. kaingr

kaingr Member Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    as if at e3 2013 forza didnt run on nvidia 780 or titans? who r they kidding 4 months and bull dx12 caugh mantle ripoff, xboxone benefits damn m$ marketing ;-p pc ftw forza can crash for all i care

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    1.No, Titanfall doesnt run on windows 7 or on the xbone, but the OS is based on the Windows kernal and the xbone itself is a MS platform.

2. Blizzard isnt a gaming platform with its own hardware console or OS, its a game developer who's games are available on on PS3, 360 and the PC. Unlike MS who are a Platform provider, the Xbox360/1 and the Windows OS, who's games are only available on... you guessed it - Microsoft platforms

Hence, Titanlfall is MS exclusive, whether timed or not and in the case of Titanfall, the PC and xbone arent competing simply because its a win' win for MS if you buy the xbone or the windows version.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Keep digging son, you are having me in stitches with your twist on what the word exclusive means. Bravo

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The only twist here is the style of grip you're using for 'self-entertainment'.

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I think the bitterness you mention is a culmination of several things beyond just exclusives. For one, console is always the focus of attention for developers. Like experimenting with code to achieve better visuals/performance as apposed to just telling users to upgrade their hardware like they do when they make a PC title. Having standards that are consistent across the entire game library.

Second, consoles offer a more streamlined experience. From the moment and method of how you turn it on/off, you're in the game quickly and efficiently. SteamOS should come closer to this but the future doesn't mean **** today.

I think PC gamers want all that, full focus on the platform, full support for all their peripherals with all games, consistent experience across all games including no funky pop up windows, store logins...etc. No funky activation methods. All the cute little coding tricks to make existing hardware perform/look better without having to rely on the next NV/ATI video drivers to do their job for them. And even the ability to exit the game and go to the OS or standby from a single button press along with a single client or UI system that puts EA and ubisoft games to the same standards of access.

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Exactly, they want all the positives of PC gaming with none of the negatives of console gaming, oh and could you make the game 25% cheaper as well.

It's idiotic fairytale nonsense to expect it for every game, if i can run a console game at 1080/60 for 25% less money i'm happy, anything else is a bonus.

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Explain like I'm five, why isn't microsoft making an Xbox 1 emulator instead.

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Like your five??
    Even a five year old should understand why MS aren't making one.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Hold on that may not be a bad idea. Sell it for $350-$400 in the windows store as a download require an Xbox live gold subscription and sell more games without having to sell hardware. Pure profit.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The amount of stupid people on that vid "OMG you need a TITAN to get 60FPS" ****ing idiots.

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Why sell an emulator when it's the same architecture? However emulators to run well often require some pretty expensive hardware so no one except the hardware enthusiasts would likely buy it. Instead they would just go out and buy an Xbone. It would be smaller, quieter and more power efficient to do so than emulate it perhaps, then again since it's the same architecture maybe not.

I think Steam boxes are likely the best shot we have to see PC gaming with the benefits of a console take place. Yet despite it all many PC enthusiasts are just saying how stupid SteamOS is even though they talk as if they always wanted a gaming OS but apparently everyone is happy with the idea of buying Windows with a tablet UI.
    I don't really get it, perhaps everyone just wants a Nintendo that has a Titan and i7 with 16 gigs of ram in it?

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Right up until it is cracked, uploaded so it can then be downloaded without needing to pay MS any cash and then MS have basically put all the time and effort in to a giving the pirates a way of playing near perfect copied versions of their games for free. Pure money down the drain.

Oh and the hardware issues that F1refly mentioned as well.

So back to topic, what was the point of Forza 5 being ported to run on PC? Is it a publicity stunt, show how powerful the XBone is by having the ported game run on stupidly over the top hardware? Was it a thinly veiled attempt at trying to say the XBone version of the game will look and run better with Dx12? If so why convert it to PC and why run the demo on a stupidly over the top computer why not just have run it side by side on a current XBone vs one with the Dx12 update?

I am lost here I really don't see what the point of this conversion exercise was, unless the game really is coming to PC at some point, in which case, well the PC already has much much better racing SIMS already.

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The use of Titan Black annoyed me as well, why show off a new more efficient api on a GPU that could already easily run it on all the existing api's.

Probably Nvidia wanting to keep pushing their top card, but I would of been more impressed if it was a sold 120fps or running on a 680.

18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    So what s the point of this demo and DX12?

There is no comparison of fps gain between PCs or APIs.

Does this mean xbox one games are coming or being ported to PC? NO

Let s just get people excited about DX12 !!!

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Ha, you may just have cracked the code.

Tome raider The definitive DX12 edition, Now with real pubic hair(scratch and sniff card sold separately).

You know they are coming. lol

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  20. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It was for demo purposes, no PC version of Forza 5 planned. They only ported a very tiny portion of the game anyway, as you said why would they port the whole game on PC ? No point.

The Xbox One is getting humiliated by the PS4 in pretty much every department, do you think it would be wise for MS to weaken the value proposition of their console ?

Nope, I don't see how Microsoft can port their high quality software on PC without the Xbox One suffering in the process.
    The best Microsoft can do for PC gaming is to release Xbox One controllers drivers and to improve the standard API.
    Their AAA games will remain exclusive to the Xbox One.