Fortnite Season 5 has been launched

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Epic Games announced today the launch of Fortnite’s Season 5, and released a new cinematic trailer that you can watch below. Players can drop in now and find all kinds of changes to the Batt...

Fortnite Season 5 has been launched

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's easy to get kills when people are all going for the golf carts so far. So far seems like the challenges for season 5 are gonna be easy.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Gyro aiming was added on switch too. Maybe other consoles?

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Was given 20 Legendary Troll Llama's due to owning Ultimate Edition :)

Still enjoying PvE, currently Powerlevel 108.

5. Tripkebab

Tripkebab Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Maby i'm getting old but i cant see how people can choose to play this game over say Titanfall2. Clunky controlls, third person and generally pretty shitty no skill required and slow vs fluid movement, fast paced gameplay and pure skill.

6. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    The reason is age group. Videogames has gotten more popular as an entertainment media in the twentyfirst century. The wide mass who plays Fortnite are kids and teenagers. After they play more games and learn what they like and don't like about games, more demanding and complex games will get their attention. Also some people may occasionally play Fortnite for a match or two, since some of their friends may play it and invite them to play, but it's core audience are young people.

Titanfall 2 is an epic game, which I played at the launch quite much, but now I'm playing Quake Champions when I want multiplayer action. I'm very glad that they are already developing Titanfall 3. I wonder if it's going to use Source 2 as the engine or EA's Frostbite.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    How many matches have you won in Fortnite? Because I've been playing 1 or 2 matches a day on my desktop PC since it came out for the Switch and I've won none in solo mode. Closest I've got is 3x 2nd place. I actually think it does need some skill. The fast paced gameplay in Fortnite is in the building, which adds a whole other dynamic to the gameplay compared to more "hardcore" shooters. I regularly dominate in Black Ops3 and I enjoy Quake Champions too. I can win in those 2 games, but, not in Fortnite yet, just saying.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Vegeta is not impressed.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Farming Survivor Exp takes time... lot of time :p

Though now with the 4x it's less painful, but you still need millions.

10. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Cant wait till battle royale dies. I hate this kiddie game.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    This game also has PvE, which is a lot more fun.

12. matox

matox Member

GPU:
    8870M - 2GB GDDR5
    Guys. I am sorry. I am getting old. Can someone explain me when and why did games start to have seasons? Or is this a soap opera or a series now?

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Think of it as an alternative business model to loot boxes.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Different kind of game still, can't really compare the two. Titanfall is one of those games that is fast paced, and usually it's the person with the better reaction time versus skill that wins in these types of games. Fortnite from what I play of it, is both. Someone is shooting you, so you have to react in time to build a wall up against that, set yourself up to shoot back in position, and defend. You don't really have time to think about that.

Loot boxes in some games though you do get an advantage in game. You can play without the season pass in Fortnite no problem, having it does not give you any real advantage over anyone else. You get different challenges, sometimes special skins, and if you complete the challenges you basically just get cosmetic rewards. This is the first season I'm fully doing personally, since there are specials on vbucks all the time to the point where you really don't need to pay anything extra to get the Season Pass if you buy regular specials on vbucks in game.