Forget PCI Express, it's time for PCI Express 2

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gdeliana, Aug 31, 2005.

1. desdick

desdick Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 6800 PCIe 256mb
    I agree!

2. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

2-3 years... :rolleyes:

3. danroyle

danroyle Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 460 1gb 800/1600

4. solidsnake313

solidsnake313 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Albatron GF9500 GT 1GB
    they just can't stop getting rid of things, even if they're still the best.
    hmm... technology geeks!!
    thank god i'm satisfied with my current system!

5. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    these intel guys are crazy... why they can't give actual tech some more lifetime and then throw it to the bin and make new tech?!??!!?111

6. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    WE need to fully use up the technology we have right now... understand it fully... THEN move on to something new, and learn from our mistakes here... i mean damn... us humans are advancing TOO fast, that it will lead to our own distructions sooner or later!

7. cytotoxin

cytotoxin Active Member

GPU:
    gigabite
    bussiness matter. they just want to lead in the market and steal our money. think about cpu, obviously amd is techologically more advance than intel.

we don't know what would happen 2-3 years later in the computer world. may be we need to change most of our components... sataIII, pci-e3, triple core cpu, ddr4... :)

8. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Because pci-express has SLI, dual cards can get up to twice the performance compared to a single card system, I will be getting my next mobo with pci-express just for that reason I can get a geforce 6800GT and later get another 6800GT when the price goes down....I can wait for chrismas...!!!:D

9. Vole

Vole Master Guru

GPU:
    6800PCI-E/256mb/464:895
    what amd is not more advanced you explain to me how its more advanced i bet you dont even know what hyper threading means it means its a fake dual-core for example the new pentium d's are dual core true dual core but yes anyways intel has 64bit technology and more powerful processors so i would say that intel is better than or rather more technologically advanced than amd the fastest processor amd has out is 2.8 ghz i think they havent even broke the 3ghz mark

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  10. cytotoxin

cytotoxin Active Member

GPU:
    gigabite
    nothing if you are not running multi-thread program like me. dual core is using fsb... and at least i could not change the multiplier of my cpu which greatly limit my oc ability :)

don't just think about the cpu frequency... think about the multiplier and fsb... amd also has 64-bit tech...

that's fine for you to have another opinion... that's freedom :)

i am also using intel!

11. Crystallas

Crystallas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280
    *looking at calandar* This is 2005, almost 2006 right? Am I reading this correctly. Oh well, dont want to "Go off topic" to make sense of this.

PCI-E2 wont be called AGP anything. Its the issuers of standards for all common PC slots that are funded with members from an alliance receding from all sorts of companies to improve on this and its standards. PCI-SIG(Biggest Participators are IBM, AMD, and Broadcom, with HP, Microsoft, ATi, nVidia and Intel being the small participators in the actual development of the technology) hasnt made PCI-E2 to help support 16x SLI, PCI-E1 will do that. The big diffrences between PCI-E1 and PCI-E2 is that the PCI-E2 will have double the bandwith and be capable of communicating directly to other PCI-E2 devices w/o a bottleneck between NB and CPU or NCPU and PCI-E2. Also thats a big reason why AMD is going to integrate a PCI-E and PCI-E2 controller onto the chips like its memory controller. Between them being a big factor in PCI-E1 and PCI-E2, this has been in the roadmaps long before anyone released any support. And Im very happy to understand it more and more. Unfortunately we wont see it with the M2(940) chips, maybe the second release of 1207s. But still, thats not very far off at all.

12. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well i predict that in afew years time we will have Quad-Core CPU's...
    basically u can multitask like crazy and not even worry or think about performance drops...

Hard Disks will be converted into Flash memory drives, since they use up much less space, much lower power usage, no noise, longer life, higher bandwidth, etc.

Graphic Cards will also introduce multi-core GPU's which will furthur increase gaming performance...

And all those will happen most likely in 4 years max... if u think about it they are do-able... and as for the flash hard disk, i read somewhere that the US government paid god know how much for i think it was 800GB flash HD, for some jet, cause when it hits 9G's up in the sky it can still record data, as well as lower heat...

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Me wants me wants! :eek:

14. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hehehhe ;)

15. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Dude come on it's just computers we're talking about how can that advance to quickly? lol:p

16. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Dude thats not kool, attacking somone for saying somthing...it's just an opinion you don't have to listen and you have your own opinion and your entitled to that.

Let's get along people:D :D :D

It doesn't matter if AMD is alittle bit faster or if Intel is alittle bit faster, you won't be able to tell the difference in the real world look here:http://www23.tomshardware.com/index.html?modelx=33&model1=57&model2=116&chart=19

Although it's not the same with all the benchmarks there AMD has it's strong points and Intel has theres.

Edit: sorry for double post

17. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    i may aswell have a celeron 400 if your talking about doomed systems ffs i need a fortune to upgrade mine now, i want a new cpu but ill have to buy a new mobo, but then i cant get one with PCI Xpress cos that means a new Graphics card aswell, where the f*ck is this ULI Motherboard with AGP and PCI-Express, i need it i need it NOW!!!!!!

18. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why dont they put a bunch of engineers and some hot chicks )to keep them motivated) in a big lab, and let them come up with a new technology... completely from scratch.... CPU/motherboard/memory/hard-disk/gpu/etc...

Once they find a better technology they can hand out the design specs to companies like ATi/NVidia so they would make gpu's accordingly, and bam we get a newer better technology

& we the end users are screwed and have to end up buying new stuff every time... so it wouldnt matter to us if we buy something that is not backward compatible (hardware-wise)... :p

19. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Dude if you don't have the money to upgrade to a PCI-Express and or 64-bit then get a new video card.
    I upgraded from a 9600XT to my new 6800LE (AGP) I can now play Farcry with everything on very high 1024 by 768 and Doom 3 on high at 800 x 600, I havn't tryed it on 1024 by 768.

20. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    im suprised... Doom 3 should run smoothly on ur 6800LE with Medium settings..
    try it, chances are it'll run faster at higher res than lower.. dont ask why! ;)