ForceWareUltra x86 84.43 *BETA* - Download & discuss

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Menion, Apr 20, 2006.

1. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Install the stock 84.43 and start up the ForcewareUltra installer again. (it worked for me)

2. asadl

asadl Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD4850 ICEQ TURBO 512
    Wat a solid driver oblivion & TRL never ran so smoother on any other driver.
    Great work.....

3. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    THX man that worked!

4. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    My bad :) wrong thread.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006

5. Kangg

Kangg Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 1 GB
    Menion,
    Well these are good for gaming. however Windows Media player now displays no video, all I get is audio and a black screen, guess I'll be going back to the WHQL's :(

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 OC
    how do I disable the vivid color tweak? makes UT2004 with AAx4 look like no AA @ all

7. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    YAY now call of duty 2 doesnt work!!!! everytime i click join game it crashes to desktop!!--already reinstalled 2wice.

8. reactor88

reactor88 Active Member

GPU:
    2900 Pro 800/900
    only game im playing right now is oblivion and that seems about the same as the stock. might try some other games later but at least its not running worse ;)

9. Nel

Nel Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT
    I also want to know how. There's a way?

10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Menion,
    It only took four tries but it finally installed correctly! The "install log" showed that everything worked, yeah! I had been wanting to try this out since yesterday morning. Once it was installed and rebooted I opened up the control panel and noticed that all the settings were exactly the same as the original version of the same driver? Now I'm no driver expert by any stretch but aren't the optimzations supposed to change settings for better image quality (that was the version of your driver that I installed)?

I have read a few post with people asking basically the saem thing but wasn't able to find/understand what the main differences are between this version and the original 84.24 version? I take it the optimizations are all in the "background" for lack of a better word? So if I were to install this driver and the original verions and use the same control panel settings they would both be different right even though all the same control panel settings were used?

I know this is a noob question but I've always wondered about this! The other thing I was curious about was what happens if I do change the default settings do I still get the benefit of the optimizations? For example say I change,
    Image Quality from default of "Quality" to "Highest Quality"
    Tranparisy Antialiasing from default of "None" to "Supersampling"
    etc.......

Can I still change the default control panel settings and get the benefits of the optimizations that you made to the driver or does it mess it all up? Thanks for you help guys, much appreciated.

11. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    To quote Menion from an earlier post...............
    The control panel settings is not the settings being touched... The users previous control panel settings is what shows

There are alot of values the control panel can't change, that's where the installer change. So you can modify all the settings in the control panel to your liking... Of course, quality tweaks is best together with quality settings in the control panel, and vice versa...

I might change this behaviour, so the installer change the values inside the control panel as well...

12. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Ok, ive installed these and there great, but i now get the BSOD but only while surfing the net or messing about on desktop, its not happened while gaming but the error is NVDisp.dll or somthing like that it happens too quickly to catch it.

13. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    start/control panel/administritive tools/event viewer........look at the application and system tabs at the crash time a log of the error will be there so you can let him know exactly what it is

14. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Ok im in the event viewer and ive found the log but all it says is "Silent running: Rising temprerature caused level transition: L2 -> L1"

or is there more info i can find on it?

15. StylerTim

StylerTim Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7800 GS eXTreme @ Stock
    @Menion:

I honestly don't know if some statements concerning 64-bit drivers were posted yet, but would care to mod some 64-bit drivers as well?

As a little hint: The latest official 64-bit drivers are numbered 84.26 (which should normally be used with Quadro boards only, but seem to work fine with every other board too!). ;)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006

16. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Yes, he already told that he is working on x64 drivers too

17. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    For you who's interested... I haven't had the posibility to compare with other drivers yet. But this clearly shows the difference between Quality and Performance... Notice that you must manually change the control panel settings to quality or performance to make full use of the rest of the tweaks.

Benchmark results with FWU 84.43

Quality profile
    AquaMark 3: 72305
    3DMark05: 5912
    3DMark06: 2988

Performance profile
    AquaMark 3: 75668
    3DMark05: 6334
    3DMark06: 3122

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  18. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Okey, I'm done with them. Are you willing to test if they work? I don't want to do a "real" release until I know that the installation works ;)

Download them at: ForceWareUltra x64 84.26 WHQL

Remember. I haven't tested them at all, since I don't have a 64-bit system!

Regards,

Menion

19. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    The 6800GS APG is not listed, thus will not install.
    Could you correct this? Your driver look like a good performer!
    7NK

20. bodean

bodean Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    these work with geforce go 7400 mobile card??