ForceWareUltra x86 84.43 *BETA* - Download & discuss

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Menion, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    To all of you.

I've started working on the new set of drivers both for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Hopefully I've have them done this evening!

2. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Nice to hear you didn't notice any IQ difference between Performance and Balanced, then I might even set the Quality to Performance in the next set.

Thank you Menion, I would like to try the new 84.56 FWU out, looking forward to them :)

3. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Trackmania Nations IQ comparison

NGO 84.25, Clamp On, in game setting 'High Quality', Track H9

You can see benchmarks in this earlier post by me

High Performance default (all optimizations enabled)

[​IMG]

Performance default (optimization 1 & 3 enabled)

[​IMG]

Quality default (optimization 1 & 3 enabled)

[​IMG]

Quality with trilinear optimization only

[​IMG]

Quality without optimizations

[​IMG]

High Quality

[​IMG]

Btw, i can't manually add 1280x960 when using 84.56, both original and NGO just tell me it's not possible. Works fine with 84.25.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  4. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    1st and 2nd are the nicest if you ask me, but is this the Performance profile from Menion, and the Quality profile etc? Or did you only used Performance and Quality and High Quality in CP?

5. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    The 1st and 2nd are actually the worst looking when playing, but screenshots cannot capture the shimmering. So these images look sharp altough there're pain in the ass to look at.
    If you pay attention to the eight yellow triangles on the track you'll see a clear break from sharp to blury in HighPerf, Perf and Quality default. Let's say the distance from the point-of-view to this break is 10 meters, so you'll always see this break between sharp and blurry 10 meters ahead of you while driving (or walking around in quake etc).
    The green part right in front of the cars looks also much better in Quality with trilinear optimization only and above, pay particular attention to the clear break from sharp to blurry and the IQ of the black line in the middle.
    I can't understand how NVidia can call the default settings 'Quality' as it hurts my and other peoples eyes.
    By disabling at least the 'anisotropic sample optimization' (my recommendation is to disable all optimizations, that's the default setting of NGO drivers btw) this break disappears, so you'll get a big increase in IQ without the big performance drop from the High Quality setting (other games like Quake 4 show a way bigger performance drop in HQ than TMN does).
    To finally answer your question, these benches and screenshots were made with NGO's 84.25, and i used the sliders and checkboxes in CP.

6. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    This is the FWU thread, so there wasnt really need for those pictures then since everyone was asking for the difference between Performance Balanced and Quality ;)

7. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    My initial plan was to do a shoot out between NGO and FWU, so after i finished the benches and screenshots with NGO, i tried installing FWU, but the installer didn't detect my card. So i decided to release my results with NGO and wait for the next release of FWU. And isn't it nice to have some screenshots to compare the effects of the different settings? ;)

8. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Yes, thats nice, but I thought these where the FWU ones ;)

9. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    :rolleyes:

10. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I was using 84.21 with good results, but these are even smoother, with comparable IQ.

11. DocSEAL

DocSEAL Member

GPU:
    X1950 Pro
    I'm sorry, but you are wrong about this. If you look at my post from earlier, you see that the FPS with HDR enabled is 62. The was on a 6800nu at 380/780 with the extra pipes and vertex shader enabled (16 pipes/6vs) with the 70.41 driver.

Here is a pic with at BFG 6800GTOC at stock (370/1000) with the FWU 84.43's:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the 49 FPS at High Performance image quality does not even match the slowest recorded number of the 70.41's (56@High Quality.) I have never seen a driver set before or since the 70.41's for HDR performance in Far Cry. By the way, the 49 FPS with this driver set is the fastest I have seen it in a long time. Usually it is in the mid/high 30's.

While I would agree that there isn't a magic driver out there that will give you a 15-30 FPS increase in every game under every condition, there are certain sets out there that will do wonders for certain systems under certain conditions.

12. XNeo2

XNeo2 Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS 512 mb agp SE

what a comparison...

Is the install working now?

13. DocSEAL

DocSEAL Member

GPU:
    X1950 Pro
    XNeo, you have been nothing but a troll in this thread. Learn some respect.

14. XNeo2

XNeo2 Member

GPU:
    Hmmm respect... respect u need to earn u dont get it when u send ****ty drivers thats why i asked is the install working now so i can test it again
    and give me honest opinion about em and what glitches it has on MY pc IF i can install it ;)
    and dude if the drivers really rock i wish menion good luck with modding and learning new skills
    and i will use em more often
    but like i said is the install working?

i need a driver that will run fear perfect

15. DocSEAL

DocSEAL Member

GPU:
    X1950 Pro
    Read the MAJORITY of the posts here...works for MOST. He updated the installer 3x. Get a clue and stop hatin'!

16. XNeo2

XNeo2 Member

GPU:
    So if it worx for most why not the normal way so it worx for every1.. i dont hate i give opinion

17. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    If you are looking for a driver to run perfect, then look elsewhere. This is still a beta project and as long as it stays beta I will not recommend using any of the FWU drivers.

18. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    back again with more to say............Ive recently re-installed these drivers in the performance configuration , i mentioned before no visual differance between than and balanced.After closer inspection it seems i was wrong but the differance in cod2 and bf2 is neglagable.

Back to my point , after a few tweaks thanks to FNF pointing me towards tweakguides.com and with the help of these drivers im running COD2 pretty much flat out at 1024x768 AA2x and AF tweaked to 4x , textures Extra , Extra , High (in the order they appear) and dynamic lighting set to Normal z feather tweaked off.

Previous to these drivers i would have slowdowns to 20fps but now im not dropping below 30 and mostly in the 50-91 area :)

Ive tried all the other drivers with my new tweaked cod2 and these are by far and away the best , yes there set to performance but visually you dont really notice.

Its gonna be a long time before i give these baby's up ;) ;) (or until you make some more Menion ;) ) The 84.56 were a bit of a flop on my rig :(

19. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Hehe... To be honest, 84.56 runs perfectly on my machine, but... 84.43 is better performance-wise... I guess since the 84.56 drivers are WHQL-certified and so on, NVIDIA have removed/added stuff that made them more stable, but with less performance... I'm not sure if that's the case, but I can't seem to get 84.56 to pump out the same fps than 84.43 is doing...

20. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 OC
    this ones runs faster in my comp now :D excellent stuff, I would like more info about the dual core enhancements though, enabled or disabled....