ForceWare 91.31 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peitro, Jun 16, 2006.

1. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    HOLY SH*T They Fix it.
    [​IMG]

Look at the Toolbar, u will see the dvd playing now no more black and half screen. no more green lines. See WHQL fix things and people say it dont. i try 91.31 non whql and i got this but when i install this verison with WHQL everything is working great and control pannel show the nvidia logo. and games boots up 3 to 5 % now.

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Lol nvidiafreak that is because between then and now they had time to fix it...WHQL has nothing to do with it working. Although if anything it had to be fixed to become WHQL. But in any sense just because its BETA doesnt mean it wont work. There have been BETA's in the past that surpass WHQL.

3. JetPig

JetPig Active Member

GPU:
    dual 6800 GTs
    i had an issue with the 91.28 drivers where scaling wouldnt' work. would only run at native res or stretch to fit. as i've got a 24 inch widescreen it causes problems with games like starcraft. seeing each pixel induces headaches... heh. is this fixed in this release?

4. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Well they seem fine to me but exactly the same performance wise as the non whql.

One problem after uninstalling then re booting windows tells me as my hardware has changed considerably since i first registered windows i have 3 days to re register???? So i go online and do just that.

Install the whql version re boot and the same again????

As has been mentioned in this thread earlier , does Bill just say "yep tested , give em a whql tag" without actually doing any testing ;)

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I think as long as they fuction with a majority of MS products they dont care otherwise...at least thats how i feel. Thats why i always say WHQL means nothing but a unwanted autograph from MS.

6. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    i test alot of games today using my mom HP mouse lol and i found out that 91.31 WHQL Surpass 84.56 WHQL. but there a bug when i Run HD video and i only ran MGS 4 HD and it kinda lag in a way but it dont bug me. DVD play smooth using Smarter Mode and look better. as for Desktop, well its smooth no lag in internet explore or anything same as every driver. games IQ is much better and speed too. no BSOD yet >_>.

btw the beta driver from creative lab for my card has Full Open and Eax 4.0. HD support ,does this beta give has a time limt if it does not i be very happen to download asap. i will wait for someone say tell me if it has time limt.

7. dragonlord

dragonlord Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    I gotta love how WHQL drivers can crash OpenGL apps like Quake 3...sigh. The same thing happened with the 28's so it looks like the 91 series is still wonky...not ready for primetime. :)

8. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    These drivers are horible for dvd playback pictures are fussy. And can someone tell me how to get rid of the bubble that tells me about Sli when log into my pc fron the NVtray ?

9. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    what u talking about did u, put the inverse telecine on because i did that and the dvd look better and using smarter it look like HD. and for the SLI thing its nothing just press the little X box to close it.

10. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

im still using the official 84.21 whql and after trying many of the latest 80 and 90 drivers i can say that for my system the official 84.21 whql are the best drivers ever. works a charm with everything.
    if an official 90.xx drivers are released with the fixed CP i might try them.
    no reason for me to test betas im not in need or looking for any speed increase
    or beta testing crappy drivers.

11. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    OMG i ran MGS 4 HD in GameTraillers and O_O it dont look like i am watching a video with this driver, the IQ of the Video Rocks.

[​IMG] that using the purevideo and 91.31 WHQL driver.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  12. tomek

tomek Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS N6600GT@580/1160
    misstake:)

13. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    well I might them later :p but 84.56 have been the greates drivers till now are this 91.31 any better?? even for a 6600gt??

And tell me is that SLI balloon bug still there?? Because if it is I just stick with 84.56 that are great drivers really good indeed and wait for a 91.xx Final don't you think??

BTW I use XP x64

14. tomasson

tomasson New Member

GPU:
    GF 6600GT
    Hello. I download 91.31 WHQL driver from Station-Drivers.com and after extract has this driver on disk 65.5MB. After extract 91.31 WHQL driver from GURU3D has on disk 103MB, where is different? Both are international drivers. Thanks for replyes!

15. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    It dose not fix any thing from 91.31 Beta. Just wait for next one to work with my 7950.

16. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    odd they fix the windows media player dvd bug. and control pannel icon not working on control pannel.

17. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    Yup same here. I also get screen flashing off and back on again occasionally. Back to the 80's..:puke2:

18. fires

fires Member

GPU:
    2x2 R280 xfire
    I also got this error nvdisp.dll or (something like that) bsod recording free to air TV and the screen froze and then bsod. There is something very wrong with this driver.

19. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    i got BSOD in Quake4, and once while playing a DVD, these drivers dont seem to be a good set for the 7900gtx, atleast for my setup it wasnt, wouldnt recomend these just yet, wait for final release, went back to 84.43, the 91.31 drivers arer about 1-3% faster but too many bugs, and the new control panel isnt sitting well with me, my 2 cents

20. The G-Man

The G-Man Active Member

GPU:
    2x GeForce FX 7800 GTX @ 475/1300
    -.- Pls release a non-beta nVidia (f###### quad-sli, I bet they don't release a new offical before this unneeded (atm) crap runs) -.-