ForceWare 91.31 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peitro, Jun 16, 2006.

1. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Great drivers so far, much better than the non WHQL......hopefully the new official drivers will be released soon.

2. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    These seem to be good drivers. No issues yet ...

3. nomunk

nomunk Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    Hi, Hon-K3y

thanks for the - feedback PFFFT

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  4. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Control panel is the same buggy crap with same SLi popup. And who was the god damn idiot translating these into Slovenian language? I could translate better in 4th grade... Damn, if i ever hated anything, that would be international drivers. And if that's not enough, it's even translated like crap. Yey. Not to mention i can't make new CP english only, like i could with older one...

5. nomunk

nomunk Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    well after hearing that i think i'm gonna skip these and wait for Nvidia to release some official drivers

6. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
    we've waited long enough ... nvidia should release pretty soon a new whql'ed set ...

91.31 and 91.28 gave me a small decrease in 3dmark2005 from 7100 to 6900 and in 3dmark2006 a small increase ... like in 3dmark2005 around 100-200 points ...

directx june release doesn't have anything to do with benchmark results ...

7. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    yes, but i suppose he was looking for it in the 7xxx section instead of the bridge chip (BR02) section.

the 7800GS (AGP) is in that part as its identifier isn't G71, its BR02 as the bridgechip takes the place of the bios romcode identifier. and then translates the bios code from PCI-E <-> AGP.

8. cow

cow Member

GPU:
    6600gt
    red tint?

All the 90 series drivers give me a red tint to my videos. 6600gt agp. No ammount of messing with the nvidia tint slider for video will make my whites white. All other drivers have worked fine for video. I like these drivers but can not watch video with everyone unhumanly red.

9. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    I got a BSOD while playing a dvd in PowerDVD.......anyone else with a 7900gtx get this?????

10. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    91.31 beta is working fine here, and theres no difference between the 2 except in the .cat file.(stores WHQL cert)

11. alpha2k

alpha2k Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768MB
    Kewl, didn't know that, would explain it, I guess, heh, I just tend to make things easy and go by the name or the chip model etc....so I'de put 7800's all in one place, and 6800's, etc....since that's what most go by anyways, corse then again I'm not nvidia, so... :)

As far as the 91.31's, I was/am useing the 91.28's and had no issues or problems with these, but the 91.31, wich from what I could tell, have the exact same speed and quality as the 91.28's, but the 91.31 gave me issues with my screensaver for some reason. I would start the screensaver up, wich is sachs fish screensaver, and when I exited out, I got a garbled screen, and was hardlocked. I could replicate it every single time. With the 91.28 I never got that issue, so I went back to the 91.28 set, and have had no issues.
    People haveing the sli issue, I never had either, wich is weird, because I've seen on multiple forums, the exact same card I have (BFG 7800gs OC AGP), yet I have never yet exeperienced the sli issue, and I use the tray icon as well, however I do not use the right click on the desktop, heh, guess I'm backwards from everyone, cause I'm the only one who disabled the desktop one from right click list, and use the tray icon. I've never had the sli popup issue, nor any new nv cp issues, except for the fact I can't disable the desktop right click from the list with the new cp, wich is why I went back to the old cp, other than that I'de use the new cp.
    Overclock and stuff works in the new cp, so the only thing that stops me is that right click, I can't get rid of it at all, because when I disable it, a few seconds later it re-enables itself back in the list. Weird I know it's just I do not prefer to evne have the desktop.

12. nomunk

nomunk Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    exact same problem I get with the 91.31 beta's, i'll just stick with the 91.28's for now

13. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
    4 me all the 9x.xx had some different problems each ...

get a dressed picture man ... or tatoo NVIDIA or yourself ;)

here there are no feminine parts ... so try to melt with the members of this forum.

14. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800 GS 256Mb @ 450C - 700M
    nice. will test them and add them to my benchmark thread.

15. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
    that would be nice :D I'm very curious if there are any perf. differences between 91.31 beta and 91.31 whql'ed (so far)

I think there is no difference but hell I can't bench so I'll wait for your posts !

:)

16. nomunk

nomunk Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    lol I'm higher than the cost of living on that pic

17. lickisg

lickisg Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI gtx 460 1gb 800/1880
    I will keep 87.xx drivers until i find better drivers. So far im very happy wih them and after reading i dont find 90's driver any good. especially for 7800gs.

18. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    I hope it will work great with my 7950, The previous bata was craps.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  19. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    sigh...

Theres NO DIFFERENCE
    91.31 beta and 91.31 whql are both the same driver

the only change is that 91.31whql has repacked with a certified nv4_disp.cat

20. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800 GS 256Mb @ 450C - 700M
    hmmm the 9x.XX series drivers are cool for my card