Forceware 84.25 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by spike21, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

its normal. its configuring the monitor information.

2. kpayne

kpayne New Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 6600 256MB
    oblivion keeps crashing

3. pantat

pantat Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 275 Superclocked
    I'm affraid you put too high on the video setting dood..

Try lowering the setting.

This game heat up your GPU. The longer you play the hotter your GPU will be..

Never had my GPU in 57 Celcius before, and I played almost ALL killer graphic games,

but this is really a killer, and it's good for a killer gpu user

4. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I wouldn't upgrade to these drivers unless you got Elder Scrolls. I have same card as you and didn't upgrade. There is no reason to upgrade when there's just minor fixes. nVidia didn't even say what the fixes were for. They are just betas anyways, nothing to get too excitied about. I say stick to 84.21 if your just playing FPSs.

5. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

all games heat up the gpu.
    usually all to the same temps. some are harder on the gpu then others but your only looking at a 1-3 point temp difference.

more likely drivers...

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm running 84.12 simply cause they have the best IQ!!!

7. yyyeeeaaahhh

yyyeeeaaahhh New Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go6800 @ 355/720
    Modified them with the code in the sticky post by Wolverine69r and the lines for 6800go. If anyone is interested i'll post the modified .inf
    Added coolbits, the auto-overclock set clocks to 355/720 (i had before the NGO 77.13, clocked manually to 350/700).

On the desktop the temps seem to have risen from 46 to 52°C, I then played Guild Wars for 2h, temp was ~75°C. The game ran flawlessly and smoothly (except some network lag :D) in 1920*1200 with all maxed and no AA/AF

Now I'm waiting for Oblivion !!

8. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

finally that thread came handy :p

9. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    So can someone please post screenshots showing the drop in texture quality with these drivers?

10. yyyeeeaaahhh

yyyeeeaaahhh New Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go6800 @ 355/720
    Yup thanks :dave:

But a funny thing (well i find it funny now) happened : i modified the inf, uninstalled via the control panel, rebooted in safe mode, ran Driver Cleaner (latest (?) : Pro 1.5 )... and it automatically deleted... the NVIDIA folder where the 84.25modded were :bang: (of course i didn't thought to set DC to backup the deleted files :stewpid: )

11. CrimsonCleaver

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    OK, I took some screenshots in Call Of Duty 2 using 84.21 and then 84.25, a clean driver install between them (using driver cleaner in safemode before installing 25 etc etc).

Now I can't tell any difference. I picked COD2 because people said they saw a texture quality drop with 25. I wish I picked a different map as this one was hard to get the image similar due to the mist effect. It's a muddy coloured map, but it can be quite taxing and I thought the objects I chose here might be a good way to see if there is indeed a quality drop (which I CAN'T see AT ALL). Now if someone thinks this is a bad choice of map for this game, then please run the screenshots yourself and post them.

84.21 From Rooftop:
    [​IMG]

84.25 From Rooftop:
    [​IMG]

84.21 On Ground:
    [​IMG]

84.25 On Ground:
    [​IMG]

Sadly I had to convert these to JPGs so a little quality is lost. For people's information I am using the following settings:
    Everything on MAX except:
    Antialiasing = 2
    Anisotropy = 4
    Soften Smoke = Off
    Res = 1280x1024

I forgot to set AA to 4x sorry, I had set it to 2x to see the performance difference but for the sake of keeping the quality comparison the same I left it at 2x. Usually I use these settings and get an fps ranging from 60 in extreme areas (smoke, nades and loads of players on screen) but usually 68-71 (have capped fps at 71 as vsync is off and want to avoid tearing).

Again if someone can show an actual IQ loss please show it, or if there is one seen in these screen shots please describe it. Please remember that because I am trying to get the position the same, mist and positioning of view alters things slightly but I can't see any texture quality difference here so I'm sticking with 25's

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  12. CrimsonCleaver

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Here is a better example, taken from the first level, the view position is exact. Sadly I can't change how the snow gusts through or the fact that the men are in a different order, still no IQ change:

84.21:
    [​IMG]

84.25:
    [​IMG]

These screens are taken with everything maxed out. 4x AA, 8x Aniso and all settings maxed included soften smoke edges. My GPUs are always clocked to 440 and 1.4ghz. With both drivers in these situations I was getting between 46 and 54 fps depending on snow blusterring across the screen.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  13. Cochise

Cochise Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800gt OC
    I get mouse lag with both 84.21 and 84.25 so its the buggy game.

14. mehtron1k

mehtron1k Member

GPU:
    Asus 7800GTX 256mb 500/1340
    Well my eye cant see changes in IQ ..

15. CrimsonCleaver

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Glad to hear it. I am sure with some people it's just their imagination unless they start to post screenshots. I am keeping these screens for everytime I change drivers, therefore I will deffinately see if anything has changed.

16. cobycleve33

cobycleve33 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX
    If anything 25 looked better than the ones on 21. I see the tire on the truck for one, while not noticable to some, looks a BIT sharper on 25. So anyone who says it regressed....no way. I think they look better....if no change at all.

17. Cochise

Cochise Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800gt OC
    I saw a difference using 4x antialiasing extra on all settings, everything 1280X1024 rez and high qulity. (no optimization in control panel).

18. CrimsonCleaver

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Is there any way you could post screenshots of this?

19. pantat

pantat Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 275 Superclocked
    Too many imagination for people who always talk about IQ, IQ and IQ again.

I think it's not about Image Quality they're talkin about, but Intelligence Quotient

20. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    LoooL Well I'm more keen on Performance I use all optimizations so what matters most to me is FPS and not IQ :p