Forceware 84.25 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by spike21, Mar 22, 2006.

1. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    7900GT 550/1630 shows as 550/815 in driver.. both on 84.20/25, this is normal. So confirmed that you have to multiply by 2. Now stop talking about it!

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Can't complain, they work very well on my 6600GT AGP. Frequencies are also displayed in DDR values (500/900).
    Though i'm still waiting for Oblivion heh...

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Guys, RivaTuner should show the proper (DDR) clocks, but it doesnt yet support the 7900 & 7600 cards fully. You'll have to wait for a newer release.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  4. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Can you post screenshots to show this texture quality drop?

5. Sheik Yerbouti

Sheik Yerbouti Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 GS Superclocked
    Besides Oblivion, has anyone run it on an eVGA 6800 GS CO? Games like Battlefield 2, HL2, etc... Worth the bump from the 84.20's?

6. surdu

surdu Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800 GS 500/1500 OC
    I have a 7800 Gs agp 8x and 8425 really sukcs big time.....i think is an issue with 7800 gards because the performance is very poor in comparation with 8421 ..and it shouldnt be that way...:( i hope there will be another release that will make us happy...:)...now playing with 8421 and works fine...
    aniway Oblivion has many graphic problems...there will bea patch release...soon...I'm a little bit dissapointed....:(...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  7. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    i got a performance boost with the 84.20

8. Adsa

Adsa Member

GPU:
    8800GTX
    * sigh *

Yet another driver that gives me BSOD. Back to old faithfull 82.12 :(

9. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Why stop talking about, it's a legitimate discussion about a driver issue that the original poster is having.
    Now start talking about it!

10. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    i guess that answered my question, i was going to ask are the 84.25's any good for other games besides Oblivion, ill stick with the 84.21's for now.

11. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    Yeah! I don't have Oblivion so there's any performance increase for 6600GT PCIe users?? I've seen someone with an 6600GT AGP having a big boost and other that says only that is stable! Don't know what to think for 6600GT?? And for 6800 Series answers are randomly positive and negative! Maybe I'll wait for a new driver since the last Official is still recent! Give FEEDBACK please

12. kpayne

kpayne New Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 6600 256MB
    Oblivion seems to crash for me unexpectedly, anyone else on the same boat as me?:hit:

13. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    I'm scared with this Drivers they look like they are excellent for some systems and just really bad for others! And since I don't make benchies (and don't really believe much on them - I used 3DMark 2001SE but running a test would never give the same result so I use nothing right now) so it's difficult to say how they're performing unless they are really bad! I think that for a player like me sticking with the latest Official or some BETA from nZone that relly prove to be stable (like the 84.20) it's enough :p

Keeping 84.21 till more info

14. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    When i first installed my card i also noticed it would freeze for like 2secs, then the screen would go black and come back on again sort of like a long blink. Does anybody know what this issue is about. Maybe a more powerful PSU.

15. aspade

aspade New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800U, 450/1180
    These 84.25 drivers FINALLY fixed the bug where the secondary display would reset when you right clicked the desktop.

16. Catroqui

Catroqui Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080/1080 Ti
    I obviously lost iq,the AA is really a crap.Yeah some little points at 3dmark,but (I couldn't believe) mouse and keyboard lag!

17. Cochise

Cochise Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800gt OC
    Did you get mouse and keyboard lag in games other than oblivion? I thought it was just glitches in the game. Ill test it in a minute.

18. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    so far so good

so far theses drivers havent crashed on me once in ES IV oblivion. but the fps(frame per second) performance is roughly same as the 84.21 drivers. So far nice drivers for oblivion. speaking about oblivion, how does people like the game so far?

19. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Yeah your right about that textures being scaled back, totaly agree with you about the shortchange. crapy look faster speed.

20. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    I was getting some mouse lag with 84.21

Yeah I was getting some sort of mouse lag with drivers 84.21 however I am using an wireless mouse, so I think the battery is dead. so I changed to a new one, I had one lag, after that walla. if the batter is soon to be dead in the wireless mouse it can cause a great deal of lag and sometimes if ur clocking on something it wont start at all. I am certain in my situtation its the battery. hasnt been changed in long time.