Forceware 84.25 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by spike21, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    I have a question, why is it when i looked in my clock frequencies i only see

core clock 455
    memory clock 667

isent he memory clock suppose to be more like 1.3 or something. If anybody could help out it would be much appreciated.

2. miasma

miasma Member

GPU:
    gtx 590
    memory runs at double data rate. what you are reading there is the true speed of the ram. times that by 2x and thats the effective speed :rolleyes:

667x2 = 1334mhz

3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    hmm 84.21 and 84.25 seems same in oblivion

hello guys I got my report back on this driver on ES IV Oblivion. I tested the old driver 84.21 in the jail cell in the beginning of the game. I save the game, and went to drivers 84.25 verison. the fps stayed the same roughly. setting was 1600X1200 resolution, HDR enabled, and vsynch is turned off. my fps was around 37-38. same as the 84.21 drivers. I used both driver cleaner and NFR(nasty file remover). I always use both programs for cleaning up drivers registry,etc. I also use regseeker to seek out and destroy the remaining drivers registry files. I was expecting prob 2-4 fps gain but not so LOL. oh well. Game runs fine on my rig.

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    the double data rate should be fixed in coolbits or display in clock speeds to note the 2x speed difference as it is very miss leading to people IMO. I haven't tried these drivers yet but I think I'll wait a few and see what results there are from others before I do..as it seems so far its only for this one game and not to fix other issues or enhance a performance boost to the new 7900's.

5. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    get a load of this, my usual old experiment

As usual, I usually test game when my cpu as it bone stock and at my usual oc speed which is 2.8+ ghz(fx 57 speed). and there is absotuley no difference in fps(frame per second). I tried both res, 1280X1024 and at 1600X1200. fps stayed the same at both cpu frequency that I tested on. so If u got an FX57 cpu or an amd 3700+ you prob wont see jack difference with an 7800gt(which I am using currently. but ever gpu will react different so this is just my experiment. hope this helps

6. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    @Miasma: thanx for the fast replay and that does make sense know that you mentioned it. I just wish it would of diplay the 1.3 but hey if that is what it is at then it is all good. thanx again.

@sava700: it is misleading cause when i first seen that it was at 667 i started to panic but coming here in the Guru3d forums i knew i would get an answer or somebody would explain it, very friendly here. I always learn something new coming to these forums and i will continue coming here for sometime as i like to read peoples opinions on different matters and different issues.

7. Nave

Nave Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800 GS EE 256MB @ 500/1400
    These drivers are ok but still have problems in SWAT4 :S.

8. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    I think I'll stick with the 84.20 for now.

9. Cochise

Cochise Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800gt OC
    Anyone notice a difference in Iq?

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    These are for oblivion. Not much dif from 84.21 other than oblivion enahncements.

11. pantat

pantat Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 275 Superclocked
    In Oblivion, there's a place called Sideway Cave.

Using Forceware 84.21 WHQL I got a blank screen when I entered the cave.

I decided to use 84.25, and....

what a nice cave....

Highly recomended (for playing Obvilion so far..)

Btw Stop asking about IQ please!!!!!

Not too many human to have an eagle eye to see the difference.

NOthing change!!!!

12. McLan

McLan Member Guru

GPU:
    (G92)8800GTS 512M
    similar performance but poor image quality, in IL2-FB. noticable moire on sea when I use same setting same as 84.21, high quality, 2xAA, 4xAF,tweated with nHancer, not the control panel. I will back to 84.21

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  13. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    With every nVidia driver I've had it's always showed the double data rate for the memory speed, strange that it doesn't for you.

[​IMG]

14. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

Well your showing from a 7800.. I'm using Dual 7900 GTX 512's in SLI... so something has to be different ya think?

15. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    It Shouldn't make any difference as to which card you use, it's always shown the double data rate for as long as I can remember, and it's been quite a few years.
    Perhaps someone else with a 7900GTX can confirm.

Can you post a pic of how yours shows it?

16. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Its the same with my 7600GT its shows it at defaults as 800Mhz, its not a problem so just get on with it.

17. ragtag

ragtag Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    These drivers worked like crap on my system. Shadow and texture issues and way slower than 84.21.

18. WassupDawg

WassupDawg Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800GT
    They work just fine with my 6800GT. Nice IQ, fast, and STABLE:) - much better at video playback than the 84.20's I was using and colors seem more vibrant.

19. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    Anyone have any CS:S results? Good , bad, same?

20. Cochise

Cochise Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800gt OC
    Same here ragtag. Just finished playing ctf over at pot server in call of duty two and the textures are scaled way back. Looks like they tried to improve performance in oblivion by shortchanging card owners.