1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ForceWare 83.60 with new CP - Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mapel110, Feb 4, 2006.

1. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    anyone play everquest 2 and use these drivers? i basically play, madden 06, age of empires 3, and everquest 2. any better iq or fps increase is always desired, but im so tired of installing differnt versions fo windows and drivers that i was just hopeing maybe someone else with these games has used these drivers and like em.

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    It does not require Nforce mobo... I'm currently using VIA KT333A chip based mobo and Windows 2K Pro and it works.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  3. biobak

biobak Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTX
    These drivers are really slow. Doom 3 benchmark 97 fps instead of 114 fps and in 3DMark2006 about 400 points lower than with 91.89. BF2 runs really choppy too.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Jedi Outcast runs great with these. 100-200 FPS @ 1280x960, AF on and everything maxed (with GF4ti).

5. mar-one

mar-one Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga / GTX550Ti / SLI 4g
    I have tried this driver and it's much better with stability is much better with a few games out there but, the CP doesnt open for me has anyone had this problem

6. pcforce

pcforce Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EN6600TD 128MB PCI-Express
    CP is working for me only with nTune installed

7. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    What are the reg entries for the new control panel? I want to use teh CP with older drivers. I have found the three files I need

nvcpl.cpl
    nvcplui.exe
    nvexpbar.dll

I am missing helpfiles and a few other things. All I get is the panel with nothing available, there must be a way to get this working :D

8. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    bf2 wont start up for me..back to the 83.40's.

9. Undesirable

Undesirable Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 1080 Reference 8GB
    If it ain't working for you, try deleting the modified inf directory after you've copied it to the root folder, and then reinstall it.

10. Fraginstein

Fraginstein New Member

GPU:
    EVAGA GTX 280 SSC
    Here's my experience with these drivers:

The control panel works.

I lost 15 hertz off my refresh rate. Normally, I ran 100 hertz, it was chopped to 85 max with no option to hit 100. I can make a a custom resolution just fine though.

Auto overclock does not work.

Manual overclock works fine. Overclocking has improved. Using comparable clock speeds, I was able to get 121-128 more 3dMark 05 points (6798 with latest approved Nvidia drivers, got 6919 to 6926 with these beta drivers.

These drivers look like winners for the most part.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006

11. Nob22

Nob22 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560 GTX TI 930/4380
    What's auto overclock? It was my understanding that all OC was manual..........

12. Fraginstein

Fraginstein New Member

GPU:
    EVAGA GTX 280 SSC
    There are 3 options for Nvidia based card overclocking. See the "old" style control panel (Clock Frequency Setting). They are "No overclocking", "Auto overclocking", and "Manual overclocking". The auto picks the clock speeds for you. I noticed it ussually is a little high on the core clock, and low on the memory. Manual works better.

13. Nob22

Nob22 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560 GTX TI 930/4380
    Hey, thanks for the explanation..........

14. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

hey mate, can you check this out for me

set to high quality in the new cp and tell me what it sets to in the old one

if both match, then they have definitely fixed one of the lesser bugs

15. ghost301

ghost301 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GT 240
    The new driver control panel definitely works , at least for me . Haven't try on any game yet , but Wolverine69r , the setting in new and old CP is accurate . But the new CP somehow a bit buggy ,
    1 ) The advance 3D setting is not acessible
    2 ) Once you enter the Image setting , you can't go back , Memory Error occurs .

I will try it on some of my games , included AOE III , TmNations , and Crash Day demo .

16. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

ah good, atleast they fixed that,.. i got that bug in one of the earlier sets with the new cp

i still prefer the old cp,.. they should realy just make the old cp better and make it look like ntune 2.0 :D

17. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    I have the same problem. If I tell RefreshForce to scan the monitor drivers for the max refresh rates I can't get anything higher than 85. If I try to set it manually in RF apps throw errors saying they can't set the video mode.

But has anyone tried these in Age3? I saw a 3-5fps increase...!

18. ataxy

ataxy Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 275 1gb
    can anybody post an image of that new cp

19. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    These drivers suck....BF2 crashes shortly after i click on it and my refresh rates rnt going high either.....back to the 83.40's.

20. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGATitanXsuper clockedX2
    I get 8 bit icons in my toolbar with these drivers.