ForceWare 83.40 discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8GB RX6600
    No problems here, with BF2 or anything else :)

Same old story with drivers though, what's great for some doesn't work well for others :rolleyes:

2. Spikleman

Spikleman Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800 GS (AGP) 12/6 standart
    Sucks

These drivers made me lose a couple of frames in every game.
    In FEAR i lost 2 frames in every category, lost 1,5 in CSS and 500 marks in 3dmark 03.
    Well, back to the 82.12

3. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Might try em with the Ziplines mod and see what happens.

4. Tanito

Tanito New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7950gt (680/1600)
    Hello everybody!! Wow!

I notice a bug in Lord of the rings battle for middle earth II, in all the shadows of the game, all of them are very piece of crap, nothing credible. they are seen like a big pixels. Its difficult to explain.

I wait for your experiences bros!!!! Good life for all!!!!

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I also got a LOT of texture corruption in BF2 with them , walls & sections od road in particular, got like a grey criss-cross pattern on them. Cant take screenie as now using new 81.98 (feb)

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I will run tests again. Game was Americas Army on a AMD64 3200, 512MB, 6600 LE 256MB. I will try to have them done sometime soon.

Also with AA V2.6 on map "Border" I am getting some wierd texture curruption, sort of like bluriness that Anti-Alaising cant cure :(

EDIT2: Actually scratch that as I am running the 81.89 drivers since I rolled back for a bit. Will take screenshots on full in AA with 81.89 and compare them to 83.40.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  7. osirus35

osirus35 New Member

GPU:
    MSI 7800gtx 256mb (430x1200)
    Whenever i try to auto detect overclock it freezes on me then restarts. When i try to overlock with these sometimes it freezes in game then restarts my computer. I have also been noticing system errors... :bang: . Overall I have had a bad experience with this driver set but other may have some more luck with these.

8. .zip

.zip New Member

My computer really start to act funny after installation of this driver.

BF2 did'nt run as it should. Dynamic lightnings lookt funny and dynamic shadows did'nt work properly.
    And later i got this bluescreen a few times STOP: 0x100000d1 (0x8b183020, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xb9e1da98) Probably caused by : nv4_mini.sys ( nv4_mini+b1a98 )

I believe it was this driver that cause this problem but i'm not really 100% sure

//.zip

9. PhxGuy520

PhxGuy520 New Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    Noob here...Hello...How do I know which one I need?

10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I take it you mean "how do I know what driver version you need"? Well that depends on what kind of graphics card you have. If you get the time let us know what your hardware is(CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, etc...) That will allow us to better help you out. BTW, welcome to Guru3d.com, nice to have you!

11. PhxGuy520

PhxGuy520 New Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    Thanks man!!! I just updated my profile, I have the AGP 6800GT.

12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    No problem, so the age old debate continues, lol! Given that you have an Nvida GPU on your graphics card it is quite easy to know what drivers you need to use, any forceware driver will work (There are a few excpetions). The trick is finding one that works great for your sytem.

I would recomend starting out with a newer driver version like 83.40 which is WHQL certified which doesn't mean much but it will probably have less problems than a BETA release. I am currently using driver version 81.98 which is the newest official Nvidia driver at nvidia.com and I have had no problems at all with them and I do alot of gaming! Give either one a try and see how it works for you. Keep us posted on how well whatever driver you use works for you. Good luck!

13. duntuk

duntuk Member

yeah noticed that here too ( 7800GT 256mb 83.90beta ) with shadows set to max (high)... wierd... normal and low look fine...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  14. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    I'm not getting the square textures, but my AA defaults to 0 for some reason...even though in options it's at 4xaa