FORCEWARE 83.10 @ Leadtek

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wolverine69r, Dec 28, 2005.

1. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I just installed 82.12 but I'm thinking about installing 83.10. My system is running so smooth at the moment I don't want to jinx it :)
    I don't pay much attention to 3DMark05 anymore. I give it a run after install but just to see how it runs as sometimes 3DMark05 spits out another 100 or so points. I usually get around 5500 points. Some drivers give me about 5600 but then they run a bit choppy in games. Quake 4 or FEAR with lots of AA and AF are good for testing...oooww I want to download and test 'em now.
    OK downloading 'em.

Thanks for the Aussie links Hilbert :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  2. HeavyH20

HeavyH20 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 Tri SLI
    I am running the driver, and I have no flicker issue in BF2 single or SLI. With AA on 2x or 4x. COD2 works fine as well. I am keeping them.

3. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    then don't bench. Somebody asks for 3DMark scores=they're interested in benching. you don't like it= ignore it and show some self-control.

some of us like to bench. it's fun. it's just that simple. don't like it? don't bench.

4. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    BTW, these are horrible for gaming. BF2 bugs same as everybody else, FEAR doesn't look as good as usual let alone better. this seems to be the norm with drivers that score higher on benchies, imo. back to 81.98.

5. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

no dude, these are NOT on the ftp i checked it throughly for the folder dates and i was not connected to ftp.liveupdate.leadtek.com.tw when doing so, the driver was coming from a private part of the site

and no the CRC errors were occuring becoz i modified the Inf and setup.ini to support all cards, the leadtek installer uses a CRC checker to compare the files with those in data1.cab before installing

i told hilbert the files he needed to copy in to replace the setup runtime and allow for the normal nvidia installer to work, (the normal nv installer doesn't use a crc checker)

6. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

these are good for me,

black and white 2 performance fps is up.

will check the fable text bug after.

7. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

8. b1gwest

b1gwest Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 ti
    good drivers! got my first 60k score in aquamark (60066)

9. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

excellent, good work

10. dangerous

dangerous Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Club3D HD3870 : Sam226BW
    hmmm, any1 tryed to add a profile for a game in these drivers?

I can't. When i find the game via browse, then try to type a name in for the profile, It hangs as soon as i press a key and then closes.

11. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

i added black and white 2 and fable, and it all worked fine for me!

uninstall properly

reinstall

then use nhancer to remove all sli profiles if you don't have sli then add your profile

12. Stop It

Stop It Guest

I tried these drivers, and the menu in World Championship snooker flickered like mad (As did BF2), Not good, back to the 82.12 :)

13. Malak

Malak Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati 4870 X2 2gb
    I don't know why my post prompted you to post an reply like that. Looking closer at the smilie it looks like it has its middle finger up... hmm... I didn't see that when I included it, just looked like a cool smilie.. Maybe I should have chosen... :)

To each his own... My personal opinion is that real game performance and stability is far more important but benching definitely serves a good purpose as a stability test and to give some performance indications. I don't swear it off, it just doesn't have the same value for me (and a lot of other people).

Take care

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    better in CoD2 than 82.12 ? if you've tried 82.12 that is ;)

15. MisterGeese

MisterGeese Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GS-GTX 980TI
    WOW MY GOD ! :nerd:
    just played doom 3 with that 83.10 set and it gaves me the best IQ i've never seen. Keeper.

16. dangerous

dangerous Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Club3D HD3870 : Sam226BW
    :/ it works now... not to sure why a reboot sorted it. rebootd many times with these in.

17. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

oh
    thats coz sometimes the applications profiles aren't set up properly untill a reboot is performed

18. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

wrong thread

19. mobile1vidia

mobile1vidia Member

The Application profiles are missing for the Quadro's in Hilberts version of this driver.
    http://www.hardwareluxx.de/download.php?det=184 does have them included.
    I have made a fixed up version of this driver that has a proper setup and the missing Application profiles added back in.
    Hilbert know where they are if he wants it ;)

20. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

i don't know how this is possible as the file is the same for both drivers

nvapps.xm_ and it has all the profiles inside it