ForceWare 81.89 Win 32-bit !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Nov 10, 2005.

1. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    BSOD ? sound like you didn't properly uninstall display driver anyhow.

You need Driver Cleaner Pro to take care of rid old nvidia driver during in SAFE MODE work around then install new 81.89 then reboot.

BTW, I NEVER get BSOD most of times.

Peace

2. nMLasKi

nMLasKi Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 Ultra OC
    very nice driver for me.

Games run smoothly and I have fps boost (about 5 - 10 %) @ Quake 4, F.E.A.R, GUN and CoD 2.

CPU Temps: 34 C idle, 44 C full load (same with older drivers)

Video Temps: 50 C idle - 68 C full load (a few more C than before)

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Believe me, I know how to install drivers. I test every new one that I can get my hands on, and this x64 version is even worse than the 81.85's for me. I might try them again, as the IQ seemed good and performance was ok too. But the 'pagefault in non-paged area' device driver error. points to a problem with the driver, not my install.

I always use dcleaner and do a fesh driver install. They're just not great for me. Maybe they just dont work well with my OC or something. But anyway, 78.01 still a hell of a lot better.

7x.xx series still the best for 6 series cards IMO

4. Raster

Raster Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D Geforce 6800GT @ 420/1150, 1.4v, NV5
    Installed these yesterday (previously had 81.87) and I'm very happy with them. COD2 seems smoother and IQ seems ok. So far so good.

5. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    Iam using the x64 and no BSOD's here, no problems

6. tompson

tompson Member

GPU:
    2 X eVGA e-Geforce 7800 GTX KO in SLI
    I know that no one will have any clue what this is... but has anyone mannaged to get Ansoft's HFSS working on the new 8x.xx driver sets? It keeps locking up on the load screen and showing 50% CPU utilisation (on a X2 so 100% of one of the cores... obviously the thread is locked).

For those curious, it's a 3D field solver tool (probably the most common) that solves Maxwells equations for E&M setups.

I can't get any of these new 8 series drivers to work, but the 7 series drivers have very poor SLI support so I'm stuck. I need to use HFSS but I also need the 8 series.... Any ideas?

7. MisterGeese

MisterGeese Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GS-GTX 980TI
    i saw my card temp falling down from 54° to 47.
    So, on my SLI system, 81.94 I gained 7 degrees. good job!

8. Utena

Utena Member

GPU:
    2x 6800GT
    Do you install the new driver right after running Driver Cleaner Pro without rebooting in between (while still in Safe Mode)?

9. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Correct

Peace

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    u dont have to do it in safemode, if you look in your registry its deleted after reboot anyway withthe driver eraser
    but last few drivers i started just using nothing but windows uninstaller and no problems

11. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    They are working pretty good for me atm. No complaints here.

12. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    I've already done this and it works, however I want to be able to run Java apps and still play games at the same time, like this forcing no AA causes games not to use it, depsite having their own profile forcing it on.

This is well overdue to be fixed, how its been around this long is totaly beyond me!

13. nato

nato Member Guru

GPU:
    asus EN9800gtx @780/1830/1200(2400)
    I agree, although 77.77 are best for my setup (speed , stability)

14. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    wrong place I posted =P

15. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    This drivers suck for me, loss performance from 80.85:( CoD2's performance went down too much to my liking and loss some points in 3Dmark05, back to 80.85

16. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Yeah, I love the 77.77's myself.Just get a little extra performance fromthe 78's though.

17. nato

nato Member Guru

GPU:
    asus EN9800gtx @780/1830/1200(2400)
    tried the 78's not very good for me.

18. stadi

stadi Member

GPU:
    4070 Ti
    it looks like it didn't work as good as i tought:( after removing the sli profiles I didn't have any problems with games but now the video problems are back. the screen became blurry, unwatchable, like water or i don't know how to tell. first the lower 1/4 part of the screen, then i changed resolutions and back, it solves for a time, but then 3/4 of the screen became like that. i had this problem in bsplayer watching xvid files and in power dvd watching a dvd. now i installed 81.94 but i don't thing the problem's gone:(

19. JOHN369

JOHN369 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800gt (golden sample 420-1100)
    With a setup you have you should never get a performance loss at all, I personally think these are the best drivers to date, BF2 plays like a charm, silky smooth and glitch free.

The best way to install new drivers is to remove display driver from control panel and select "yes" to remove profiles, then boot into safe mode by holding down F8 key, run driver cleaner pro and select "nvidia" , then once thats done , install new drivers in safe mode as well and reboot in normal mode.

20. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to post real quick before I leave for school (Night College Class). Anyway I installed this driver earlier thisevning, I switched from the Nvidia 77.77 WHQL, I ran both 3DMark05 and Aquamark before I installed 81.89 and then after the install with the same exact settings used with both.
    77.77 WHQL 3DMark 05: 6, 249
    Aquamark: 76,909 GT1: 27.8
    GFX: 11,576 GT2: 17.7
    CPU: 11,447 GT3: 31.7

81.89 3DMark 05: 6,252
    Aquamark: 76,820 GT1: 27.8
    GFX: 11,582 GT2: 17.9
    CPU: 11,407 GT3: 31.5

As you can see I got almost the same scores with both benchies, I tried to keep a close eye on IQ and I truely couldn't see any differences. If anything I saw better image quality with the 81.89 drivers installed. Although I don't pay much mind with benchies it is a good way to objectivly compare two drivers to each other. I am about to do a FEAR session for a couple hours. I will try to post later tonight about how it went.
    At the very least I hope the gaming is as good, hopefully better! Talk to you guys later.