Forceware 81.84 x32/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by garikfox, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Qbah

Qbah Member

GPU:
    Club3D GeForce 7800GT w/ VF700-Cu
    Thanks for the confirmation, mate! Then the card ain't broken (well it is, but all of them are :D ). Looks like I will have to get used to it :( Bummer, I paid tons of cash for this card. No upgrade for me for the next 2 years or so. Unless I'll find someone who can buy it off me :D I knew the IQ difference was there, but that big? Sad thing is, none of the reviews tell about it! If I can see it clearly, why can't others?

PS. I started years ago with a Pentium 100 and 2MB S3 Vision card. Also had a 15" Belinea CRT. Was a monster machine back then! Man, those were times... (Had a C64 with floppy and an Amiga 500 before that :) ).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. H|lander

H|lander Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS
    great times and we were there (i had a c64 too ;) ) and i remember i had an S3 Virge too in my brothers com lol
    My guess is that everybody nowdays use Lcd monitors so the problem is not that big for them but it is certain that Ati's tecnology is far more relaxating for your eyes. You can still sell your 7800 in a great price and buy Ati's new ones...

3. ThaVyRuZ

ThaVyRuZ New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7750 1GB GDDR5
    Possible solution to flickering.

Erm, have you guys ever tried using the "Refresh Rate Overrides" tab, in your driver's menu? Just select the "Override refresh rates" button under the above-mentioned tab and set the refresh rate for every resolution that you use (1024x758, 800x600 or 640x480) to something like 75 or 85 and BOOM! No more flickering.
    For an Ati card, you don't have to do this, since Ati uses DDC information and automatically sets the refresh rates for your 2D and 3D apps. Or, if you like, Ati lets you override your refresh rate, also.
    I use both Ati and nVidia cards and they work great for me.

Later Edit: Some people are more sensitive to lower refresh rates than others. On my 19`` Dell P991 i am confy using 85 Hz, for example. A friend of mine cannot stand refresh rates lower than 100 Hz and my girlfriend is confy using 60 Hz. Weird, eh?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  4. Qbah

Qbah Member

GPU:
    Well... the problem is, here in Denmark the cards will be available in around 3-4 weeks the earliest. And they're like 10% more expensive (x1800xl vs 7800gt). And for the price they're asking, 10% is alot. I already spent too much on this rig, so I really can't spare any more :( As for selling, that would be hard too. I don't know too many people ( none, actually :p ) willing to pay around 600$ for it (they cost that much here :( ). Plus the Zalman on it...

Think the only option I am left with is to wait and hope, that one day nVidia releases at least ONE driver set, that has IQ at least comparable to ATi products... (Yea, I know... Hope, mother of the naive..)

5. Qbah

Qbah Member

GPU:
    I do not mean the refresh rate blinking :) I have a link on the previous side to a movie I made in Painkiller to show You, what I mean. It's that some of the elements in the game blink. It is hard to explain, the movie shows it clearly :)

As for the refresh rates override option, I tried it anyway a second ago. Same thing. I am fine with 75Hz (though barely). My CRT can't use a higher setting at my current resolution...

6. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    My FAVORITE drivers sooo far. These are just amazing for me, except for one thing: I CANT OVERCLOCK!!! WEll I have to set it everytime I restart the comp.... ugh... Its all good tho.

7. Titu

Titu New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GTX Extreme Edition @ 490/1300
    Yep... 81.84 works perfect !!:D :D

8. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Welcome to the forums... and yes. These are awsome!. :cool:

9. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    Just tried them on my other computer.
    XP3000+
    Gigabyte KT400
    BFG GF 6800nu OC

Everytime I go to the Geforce 6800 tab, it does strange things to my monitor and squishes my display such that I have to adjust my screen size over again on it.

10. (ST)DarkHorse

(ST)DarkHorse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 7800GTX EE(@490MHz/1300MHz)
    Nope. Same issue with retail boxed version, fully up to date via Steam. The only way to find out you're out of ammo is when, well... when you're out of ammo. Where did I put that crowbar?

11. dimasdw

dimasdw Member

GPU:
    Leadtek/7800GT/256
    This Driver is realy can run SLI with 2 card from different Vendor ?
    I plan to buy a new 6800gt for SLI :)

12. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Ur in luck then... :)

13. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    ok so I installed those drivers and in games they seems nice; however, in 3dmarks I got some weak scores (from what I remember weaker than with 78.01

can somebody with similar setup to mine do 3dmark05 test at default 1024 resolution and everything but only 3games selected??? it would be really great

my card runs 490/1300 (extreme model from XFX)

with everything like above I got only 84XX score:( don't know why tho because with 78.01 it was about 85XX

Thanks in advance

14. garikfox

garikfox Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Looks fine to me, when I was using a single card, one of my GTX's at 450Mhz got 7711.

Was using at the time 78.03 x64

15. McGeyser

McGeyser Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GTX 83.91 64-bit
    81.84 is great with x64, though not exactly stable for me. BF2 feezes with a solid lockup. No Event Viewer errors. I have set affinity, turned off AA, checked for overheating and none of this has an impact. I am not using the AMD proc driver, no C'nQ, no thermal throttling in bios. My OC is prime stable and never had a problem with 77.72 x64. The lockup is completely random, I can never force the lockup, it just happens sometimes after 15mins somtimes 3hours. AOE 3 works fine, though I did get a reboot in the middle of a 2 hour game once in 5 games so far.

I may be going back to 77.72 or 78.01 (x64).

Anyone else get a freeze or solid lockup with x64, X2, 81.84 and BF2?

16. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    yeah I know that 84XX is not the worst score for one 7800GTX but everybody noticed better scores in 3dmark05 with those drivers and I didn't:(

17. chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2xEVGA GTX260 core216
    Those scores look normal, look in my sig.

18. floydenheimer

floydenheimer New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 6800GT
    EA Sports = no go

EA NHL 06, MVP Baseball 2005, and NBA Live 06 all won't load with this driver installed.

19. Sicamore

Sicamore New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTS OC
    i play nba live 06 and it loads fine. no problems whatsoever.

20. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    not really, I just run aquamark 3 default benchmark and got 84.5XX score, so something is wrong