Forceware 78.01 Available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Starks, Aug 24, 2005.

1. rhyso311

rhyso311 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia geforce fx 5500 256 meg
    i still get the black screen when in media player on the 78.01 or the 78.03 beta and all that but its still all black so i would stay with the 77.77

2. Riemen

Riemen New Member

Does anyone have more info, how the 78.01 perform ingame??
    Mean CSS,BF2,Doom3 and Fear...

So many guys are always posting 2003/05 bench results,but where for?And why are u posting results with diffrent gpu and vram speeds?!Doesn`t make much sence for me..

I also tested my system a long time (4Years) in this way(not with diffrent Core\ram speeds), but it shows nothing,how the games work really ingame...

I'm personally intersted in ingame benchies, IQ, gameplay(laggi,shining,stuttering etc.), performance(FPS in hard fire fights with many players and with much inventary) and if there are any other bugs with this driver...

So, anyone, who do testing this way???

3. CHECKANDTEST

CHECKANDTEST New Member

GPU:
    5950U/6800GT/7800GTX
    I looks like, 78.01 and 78.03 had
    improved image quality in FX series 16bit mode.
    (like 32bit)

it's quite sweet and keeps rendering speed increase.

4. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    nvida says that nothing has changed, except for the support of a new card, then how is it that I find my games to run smoother? pacebo effect or something... nah, I don't think so...

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
  6. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
  7. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Ventus GP
    These drivers even worth installing on a 5700U?

8. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    I would have to say it depends what version you are coming from... I always like to keep mine upto date. However, there havent been too many noticable changes moving from the 77.77 with the exception of no WHQL certification. I'm sticking with the 78.03's for now.

9. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Re: Problems with 78.01 Drivers

Does the video disappear when you raise the volume?

If so doulbe click the area where the video is supposed to be playing and it should bring it up to full screen and you should see the video, then if you don't like it at full exit out of full screen and it should be fine.
    Whats causing this bug I don't know but I think its the media player and not the driver I have seen it happen with my setup still does.

10. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    when i use my tv-out with 77.77 78.01 78.03 it crashes. hardlocking and no bsod. 77.50 works fine though..

my card is a pov 6800gt rev 1. i'm thinking that it could be gfx-bios related as well as driver related.. 'cause not everyone is experiencing this.

anyone have this problem too?

11. chukb

chukb Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 Ultra 256 OC agp
    im curious is anyone having any freezing issues after installing this or the last released whql drivers from nvidia.. im not sure if its my drivers or card or what.. but i reinstalled windows with the new drivers and now if i leave my computer alone for a few minutes it freezes.. its driving me crazy because i cant figure out what the hell is causing it.

12. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    could be drivers. try 77.50 and see if it persists. mine would lock up in Dugeon siege 2 randomly, even with no tv-out (read post above yours).

13. digitard

digitard Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA/7800GT/256mb (OC 480/1150)
    I've got the new Forceware installed and no locks for me... SP2 installed and computers been running w/o a reboot now since installation and I've played a few games, including BF2, w/o problems.

14. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Yea! Nvidia's whql 77.77 work seamless'ly for me to. And you know people this is something to think about for those running in to problem's some time's. A clean computer is a happy computer you no!. be :cool: