Forceware 77.70 go best drivers ever for laptop

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by superpichon, Jun 30, 2005.

1. superpichon

superpichon Member

GPU:
    Gforce go5600
    Every owner of a laptop that has an nvidia video card should try this driver!... the IQ is the best I've had so far and I tried every single driver... the dvd playback is amazing!... all the others that I've tried lately had the playback problem and the picture used to tear all the time... games run great as well... you guys should try it and u will see it yourself... I got my highest aquamark 3 score...

2. shang

shang New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce4 Go 440 32M
    I downloaded and tried installing to my Toshiba Sat 5005-S507 and it says there is no compatable chip set. Driver doc says this driver set is for everything but what I have, which is Geforce4 440 Go 32M. The driver is compatable with 440 Go 64M and 420 Go 32M. What gives? Oversight? What can I do?
    :confused:

3. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

im trying to install ForceWare 77.70 Go on my Sony Vaio, Geforce Go 6200 and i cannot get it to install can anyone help?

It says "The NVIDIA Setup program could nto locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." ;[[

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The setup routine might be picking up the nvcv.inf where neither of your cards seem to be located in. When you read out Nvmt.inf you'll notice that both your integrated graphics units are present.

If the setup.exe installing does not work, you should try and manually install the drivers by pointing the manual setup towards the specific Nvmt.inf (found in the installation directory).

If that still does not work then the Device_ID of your machine differs from the drivers and they simply will not install.

Manual install:
    > System properties > Device Manager > Driver > Update

I hope this helps a little.

5. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

I downloaded a modified 77.70 ( didnt say if it was Go / Mobile or not but I'm guessing thats what it was and it worked fine up until i unplugged the power adapter from the battery to actually go mobile. When I did that it started goin a bit weird some areas of the LCD screen just glowed green @_@) going to try what Hilbert said now

6. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

Did what hilbert said and it shows 3 different
    "Nvidia Geforce Go 6200"

7. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

ok i did what he said and had even worse problems than I had with the modified version i downloaded.

first it wouldnt let me change the resolution to widescreen format and then it started goin nuts and givin me blue screens when i didnt have the power adapter plugged in.

tried all 3 Nvidia Geforce 6200 Go things it had all had problems.

8. shang

shang New Member

GPU:
    Actually, I checked both the nvcv.inf & nvmt.inf files and they both do not have the Geforce4 440 Go 32M. They have the 420 Go 32M & the 440 Go 64M, but not the 440 Go 32M. Is there a way I can trick the driver into thinking it will work or is that a bad idea? I can't imagine that there would be special code just because of the chip/memory combo I have.

9. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

well shang you can download a modified one like i did, lemme try to find where i got mine :D

im just gonna end up switching between the drivers when i need to go mobile or not :p

when I had the modified one installed it'd mess up a tiny bit when I had the power unplugged

10. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

Link removed

11. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

Link removed

12. Tshuj

Tshuj Member

Link removed

13. shang

shang New Member

GPU:
    Thanks Tshuj. I downloaded a couple from there and will give them a shot.

14. butterwaach

butterwaach Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    sorry for beien offtopic but how about filling out your specs :D

15. sb85

sb85 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB
    hmm, i am having a weird problem with installing any nvidia drivers for my laptop.

my dell 5150 laptop spec is...
    p4 3ghz
    512mb sdram
    60gb hdd
    nvidia 5200go 32mb

i dont game with this:p but when i uninstall the dell drivers, run drivercleaner pro and then 'tried' installing any nvidia go driver set..i get a message that i dont have the right hardware?

anyone know whats going on??

16. shang

shang New Member

GPU:
    butterwaach: how's that?

After much research, I loaded the latest "Go" inf hacked version I could find at the unmentionable web site. So far it seems to work, but I haven't tried any games with it yet.

17. butterwaach

butterwaach Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    very nice thx :D didnt want to souind rude if i did i feel sorry for that!

take a look at the *ini file and check if your card is supported (if it is it will be listed there...) you can also grab some moded infs to make it campatible (well this isnt recommended ^^)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  18. dikiem

dikiem Member