Forceware 77.30!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Garak, Jun 11, 2005.

1. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x NVIDIA GeForce 6800ultra (SLI)
    Since BF2 was extremely buggy and put me off I switched back to 77.13 cos it is the best driver so far - Joint operations performance was really poor with 77.30. I think 77.30 was designed specially for BF2.

Anyone will buy BF2 on release date? I am not! Will buy it when the huge patch comes out and fixes millions of bugs!

2. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah it's too buggy for now. great patch is needed.

3. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    What bugs are you lot talking about?

I have a high end system and it doesn't stutter or anything. Infact this is the best looking and best performance game I play right now. Just went on a hacked 64 player no time limit server and the FPS only dropped to 56 and that is with ALL settings maxed out at 1280x1024 (use shortcut command to enable this).

Seriously it isn't buggy overall, it's probably got a lot of incompatabilities with other machines. My advice is to install all updates for XP, ALL the latest drivers, firmares and BIOS for your hardware etc. This is how my machine is and seriously this game runs awesome, it is very impressive (and a suprise after BF:V being a bit crappy in terms of performance).

I do have 2GB of ram which is what the developers said is pretty much recomended for large battles, try out smaller maps etc, this is after all a top end game with more going on it than Half Life 2 or Doom 3.

4. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    CrimsonCleaver what drivers are you using for SLI on your cards?

5. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Stutters in BF2 is known - They said high end PCs have a problem with that - It is a fact - It is nothing to do with our PCs.

All games I own have no problem at all - Smooth and Fast.

what bugs? Come on! Loads of players complained.

2gb is recommended is BS to be honest - Operation Joints can handle up to 128 players and 512mb is recommended for that game.

I honestly did think BF2 will be a best seller this year but i dont think so as it doesn't support Geforce 4 and lower - And if 2gb is really recommended, it will put millions of buyers off.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  6. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI
    I have a high end system and run the game without issues, fully maxed settings. I think the difference is the 2gig Ballistix kit.

7. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
  8. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Hmmm strange - Guess what I did.

Ok, I use 77.13 - I just found out that BF2 does support SLI so I enabled SLI to check - Performance rocketed! No stutters etc. Not sure if it was 77.13 or SLI that helped.

When I exited to desktop, when I had 77.30 and SLI disabled, it took ages to load up XP but not anymore - strange.

Does SLI help RAM a lot?

9. CrimsonCleaver

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    By 2GB I am talking about when you have the game on MAXIMUM settings. I tried the game with 1GB and you do get slight stuttering at times, the solution being to turn down lighting.

I am using the 77.30 drivers that came with the demo. Performs much the same as 77.15 or whatever the one before was. So you get VERY good game performance and a nice 3dMark05 score, I get around 10650 to 10700. Hoping to overclock the CPU soon to get around 10900 in 3dMark05

Joint Operations doesn't have the same level of complexity as this game (less complex models and lighting etc) and it runs crap compared to this game on my machine. It doesn't use SLi very well. Lets be honest though this game is brand new, notice the sound settings, Creative X-Fi, that isn't even out yet. So already my PC cannot do everything in terms of settings.

What settings are you guys with stuttering using? Have you tried turning down the settings? Have you updated all your drivers?

Whats soundcards do you have and what quality have you got the sound set to?

I honestly have zero stuttering. This game runs smooth like anything, only when I took out 1 stick of the 1GB did stuttering occur. So I really think this game is demanding in terms of ram.

This generalisation that "people with high end machines" have performance issue isn't correct if a few of us on here with high end machines have no problems at all. My suggestion is: DRIVERS and sadly, Ram.

10. CrimsonCleaver

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    I don't think SLi helps out your Ram.

I just noticed your specs were similar to mine.

Basically the game is very graphics intensive and your second ultra is helping out considerably. Can I ask why you didn't enable SLi in the first place?! lol.

Enjoy the game mate. Sadly my mates can't even play it at all due to low spec PCs, only one of my friends can. But this is a new game and we're starting to actually use high end machines.

11. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    'Basically the game is very graphics intensive and your second ultra is helping out considerably. Can I ask why you didn't enable SLi in the first place?! lol.'

did not know BF2 supported SLI. Glad that I just found out and I did enjoy BF2 - first time ever!

Yes everything is maxed out except shadow. I'll try toning down lighting now.

12. frsschmidt

frsschmidt Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD
    I don't have a high end system (only my graphic card is ok) but BF2 is well running with 1280x960 and all graphic settings set to medium, no AA enabled. I didn't have any problems with bugs so far.

13. HyP007

HyP007 New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6600GT 516/945
    bopchie612

How on earth did you get your stock heatsink/fan combo of your trick 6600GT bro?

I have same card only make is by Xpert Vision and I dare not force the heatsink/fan combo to come off I am scared of cracking the GPU or breaking the card..

http://www.xpertvision.com.tw/en/products/nvvga_6600gt.html

Seems like it is really stuck on there, I have heard of a few tricks like putting it in the freazer for a few minutes or trying to get it off after a really heavy use session so it's a bit softer were it is boned to the gpu..

Just interested in how you got yours of as I am after trying to put a similar setup to yours on my card to try and get it cooler.

Hyp007

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  14. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Oh my god! I enjoyed BF2 and love it already! Toning down lighting helps a lot. Was smooth and perfectly playable at 1600x1200! And a lot more stable. I am surprised that My PC could not handle lighting. Maybe it is a bug. Oh well I dont care as it looks as nice as with lighting enabled.

CrimsonCleaver - Thanks! I think I'm DEFFO getting BF2 after all! It'll be your fault when I am deprived of life soon! :) We'd hook up and play in BF2 one evening.

15. TeaEtchSee

TeaEtchSee Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950gt (Winfast a400gt RIP)
    Battle Field 2 only worlks properly (no ground bug) with 77.30,

xg77.13 is he fastest driver on my system, so i choose not to play BF2 for a while till they fix these problems :D

16. bopchie612

bopchie612 Guest

well frezzer sounds scarry cause it makes things more brittle, but i just did it after it was warmed up in pc then took it out removed all the bracketing and slowly worked it off just donr use heavy force just keep lightly kinda twisting and lift a lil bit worked for me the pads on the ram is what was holding mine on the most ive heard of useing a hairdryer too and i just remembered when i was removing mine the 1st time i was scared too cause didnt wanna force it off and i had a smoke and went to take off and it just kinda came off on its own so try taking off brackets/screws and just let it sit there for 5 mins then try and remember to put thermal grease on the gpu be4 u put diff one on

17. CrimsonCleaver

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    No worries mate, it might be worth getting that extra 1GB just for this game, because then you can, like myself, enjoy it with EVERYTHING maxed out, and man it's good :D

Am enjoying the demo imensely, alot of servers now have the no time limit patch so this map should keep me going until the 24th when the full game comes out.

My only complaint is the headset feature. They should make it so you can select which sound card plays the sound for voice as I use my onboard sound card for all headset features (a friend and I use skype when we play EQ2 and it's awesome).

18. Gecko2

Gecko2 Guest

God damnit

For some odd reason, those drivers won't install on
    my Geforce Fx go5700 (Mobile graphics), HELP!!!! ME!! i want shadows cuz everything else runs perfect!

19. dude420

dude420 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT KO
    Can someone try running the Nalu demo on their 6600GT with 77.30? It loads for me then freezes just as the music kicks in. I've never had issues with it. Every other game I play is normal, BF 2 looks amazing and I've had no stuttering or shadow errors.

20. blunden

blunden Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    What was the shortcut-modification to set 1280x1024? In bf1942 I had to edit the settings-file.

EDIT: BTW, BF2 runs like crap on my machine for some reason. It's unplayable or really ugly. :(