Forceware 66.70!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Sep 28, 2004.

1. LordHalbert

LordHalbert Active Member

GPU:
    evga 7950GX2
    These drivers are causing a BSOD (nv4_disp.dll) when I exit from a round of UT2004. It's repeatable.

Trying some other drivers now.

2. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    My ShaderMark 2.1 results are better with these 66.70 than the 65.73 drivers.

3. Fahim

Fahim Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RADEON HD 5850 1GB Bl
    Significant performance improvments noticed in FableMark 1.0 which heavily uses Stencil Shadow Calculation.

ABIT Siluro GeForce FX 5900 OTES 128MB (400,850)

1024x768

52.6 FPS (66.31)
    62.5 FPS (66.70)

1280x1024

32.5 FPS (66.31)
    38.7 FPS (66.70)

4. JOHN369

JOHN369 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800gt (golden sample 420-1100)
    The only driver that wont give me a jittery gameplay in BF1942 and BF Vietnam is 65.73. The offical 61.77 driver has a much better imagine quality then 65.73 in BF1942 and Vietnam but its really anoying playing the game with them because everytime the game loads it takes about 3-4 min for the gameplay to smoothen out. And if i try to use the F1-F7 buttons for radio commands in the game the fps would drop by 20-30fps. It glitches everytime i press the F=command buttons. Really anoying. Im still waiting for the ever slow Nvidia guys to release us a new god damn driver already. Its been almost 2 months , and i hope the jitter problem gets fixed. Are you sure this has to do with the hard drive access???

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004

5. TeH-DEATH

TeH-DEATH Guest

well im my patticular case the jitteryness was directly related to Hard drive access normally for me the game will load the map, you pick your class and spawn point during this process my hard drive light is on solid as soon as i spawn the access is then reduced but causes jitteryness or what i like to call hard drive lag. this continues for about the first 45-60 seconds of game play and everything is fine after that. when i installed these drivers i noticed that my hard drive was being accessed during the entire round of play (25 min) causeing random jitteryness or hard drive lag but was directly related to when my hard drive light was on. i really have no way to really prove this is the cause but that is the only explination i can come up with. only thing i might be able to do that might doccument this is if there is some kind of hard drive access monitoring tool i can run in the background while gameing and look at the results later but i did a web search and dident find anything. all i can suggest for anyone that might have a similar problem is to watch the hard drive access light on thier PC case as soon as they notice this jitteryness if its on or flashing it may be the cause.

6. Roliath

Roliath Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 6970 crossfire
    Sorry but i'm too lazy to read the entire thread...
    do these work with the FX series??

7. JOHN369

JOHN369 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800gt (golden sample 420-1100)
  8. gigaflop

gigaflop Guest

thats not good eh. but theres something i dont get. where does the cheating part come in? I mean if ur faster, ur faster right? WHats wrong with that?

I beleive the only way for there to be any cheating going on is if one of the chip companies has a deal with the benchmarking program to make it so the program runs faster on one chip over the other. Other than that it is impossible to cheat in a contest where the chip makers are trying to find a way to make more speed by driver optimizations and better pathways for information stuff like that. Tell me how thats cheating.

Its like a drag race, the guy won because "HIS CAR WAS FASTER THAN THE OTHER GUY, OR MAYBE THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT THE ONE GUY WAS ON HAD SUPERSPEED ENHANCMENTS MADE TO IT, LOL"

Ok have a good nite guys

9. RBEJ

RBEJ Member Guru

66.70 dated 16/09/2004
    66.51 dated 24/09/2004

?????????????????

10. Darren_Hodgson

Darren_Hodgson Master Guru

GPU:
    256MB PNY Verto GeForce 6800GT graphics
    I've noticed that a lot of people who are saying they are getting performance increases with the 66.70 drivers have a Athlon64 system. It's possible that these drivers are optimised for that processor and that's why they don't run very well on an older Athlon XP system? Maybe...

Anyway, I've noticed something else and I don't know whether it's coincidence of not but the drivers that work best on my system are the ones which have high performance spelt High performance in the Image Quality setting and not High Performance!!! The options are either High performance, Performance, Quality and High quality with the 'good' drivers or High Performance (note the upper case 'P'), Performance, Quality or High quality (note the lower case 'q') for the 'bad' ones! The 66.70 ones are have 'High Performance' and the newer 66.51 (?) ones have 'High performance'...

Perhaps the 'High performance' ones are developed from the same core and the 'High Performance' ones from a different core, which would explain why the 66.51, although newer, are numbered lower than the older 66.70 drivers.

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands! :D

11. gigaflop

gigaflop Guest

i think they are just bein lazy that way, i cant figure out why there are so many drivers made, or why they get leaked but it is kindof getting annoying cause i want to have the best driver for my card and i dont want to have to test and retest with all these different drivers to find the best one. And then a day later another one is leaked and oh man its hard not to download it.

12. Darren_Hodgson

GPU:
    I agree with you. It doesn't help that NVIDIA are so damn slow releasing official drivers. There have been at least three WHQL'd drivers from other manufacturers since the 61.76 ones yet NVIDIA hasn't posted any of them on their website and it's been over two month's since the 61.77 were posted. Why don't they post these WHQL'd drivers on their site when they become available. I mean they aren't betas are they, they're WHQL'd?

:confused:

If NVIDIA released drivers every month, say, and by all accounts it looks like there are, at least, 4 or 5 different betas each month and at least one WHQL'd set, then there would be less need to download all these unofficial betas...

Why are they so slow to release new drivers?

13. gigaflop

gigaflop Guest

read, Fujitsu Siemens today released a new ForceWare driver. it is version 65.73 with WHQL (Microsoft Qualified driver) certification for Windows 2000/XP. The drivers in the archive are dated at August 2nd 2004. The drivers will work with the entire range of Nvidia graphics cards starting from GeForce 2 MX and upwards, so you have a pretty good chance of compatible drivers These drivers originate 100% from NVIDIA and are not in any way altered, so this is an official NVIDIA WHQL set yet released by an OEM manufacturer.

go figure this stuff

14. Darren_Hodgson

GPU:
    So why on earth didn't NVIDIA officially host them on their site? That's the 65.73 WHQL and the 66.31 WHQL set they could have posted which were roughly a month apart so they could have given us official drivers every month...

Don't they like us or something? Or do they like making us search around on unofficial sites for the latest drivers? :rolleyes:

15. jhego

jhego Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GTX EGS 650/1600
    the 66.70 works great so far. If it crashes then it's back to 61.77 for me.

16. OneWord

OneWord Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GS BLISS 512
    So excuse my dumbness, but how do you install these drivers if theres no setup, and you have to remove the previous drivers first? Cos once you uninstall your existing drivers how do you get the system to pick up the graphics card without installing drivers beforehand?

17. JRd1st

JRd1st Guest

Download and install DriverCleaner 3.3 and read the instructions.

Run the new driver package to get it unzipped into a temp folder.

Uninstall your present drivers from the Control Panel, boot into safe mode, run DriverCleaner as instructed.

Reboot into Windows.

When the New Hardware driver install pops up guide it to wherever you put the other drivers and let it install the drivers.

Even without the setup program I usually get an uninstall so don't worry about that. Besides, DriverCleaner will do a good job for you anyway.

Good Luck!

18. OneWord

OneWord Maha Guru

GPU:
    So what scores do you get then JRd1st as we have pretty much identical systems?

19. JRd1st

JRd1st Guest

Just now I don't get any scores. My new card is going to arrive today. I sent the V9999GE back because the temp sensor for the memory crapped out. I'm getting a Gainward "Golden Sample" 6800 GT so I'll need to update my profile.

BUT, when I had my GE, my 3dMark03 scores were in the high 9xxx 's at stock, about 10,2xx clacked at 400/1100, and I got 10683 once when I clocked the card at 440/1200 but I got mild artifacts in Troll's Lair.

In Doom3 I got 57.7 to 63 fps in the Timedemo.

20. OneWord

OneWord Maha Guru

GPU:
    Oh god these drivers are terrible. Lost 2000 3dmark03 marks, lost 10fps off the Doom3 timedemo i've seen enough now to make me want to change to something else.