Forceware 66.70!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Sep 28, 2004.

1. frazor

frazor Guest

I used 7z compression for the original 10.6Mb version.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That is actually a long and boring story. Let's get back on-topic please. Thus talk about these driver peeps.

How's IQ and/versus performance ? results please.

3. NowayDude

NowayDude Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7900GT 512 bliss
    Can someone shed some light on this new entries on disp file

Will do some benchies
    BTW,PS 3.0 is working on those
    Also, on the DV questions.Go to the normal color settings panel.Choose your settings and save.When you go on the performance panel, it will let you choose your saved settings (apologies if this was know, but on previous drivers i could only choose one setting, and now it gives you multiple options)

4. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Thx hilbert :D. Me goes off to test these drivers. So far the 65.73/.76 have been the best for my GT. So i hope these atleast live up to that level..funny thing tho, from all the drivers i have used..i never noticed any problems with image quality :/..

5. bilbo b

bilbo b Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 260GTX OC
    these are ok but i find for me AA is alot smoother on 66.32 these cope with smoke alot better though tested on farcry, doom3, and of coarse united offence

6. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    These drivers are crap for me. Lost about 20-30 fps in CS Source. You can pratically tell from the start of the benchmark. When it comes down to the 3 spinning things, its like 45 FPS, the test was at 1024x768 4xAA 8xAF. Also in CS Source there were areas in the ground where there are black box like squares in the ground, kinda like playing Resident Evil on the PC...if anyone gets what i mean :). Going back to 65.73, so far they are the best :D

7. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Guest

I just installed and benched a bit.
    P4e 2.8 @ 3.0 6800gtoc stock
    66.32-3DMark03 - 11562
    66.70-3DMark03 - 11715
    IQ and AA looks sharper to me. I played D3 and FC. FC seemed to get a small boost as well. I did notice even though I set my color the same as I always do it seemed a bit darker.

I would suggest anyone who is going to be grabbing 3DM05 should try out theise drivers. I'm sure if I OC to 3.2 & 400/1100 I would break my 12459 easy, without a doubt.

8. Got a few more points in Aqua but not much.

If you play Battlefield or DC then i would probably give them a miss as they seem to cause judder in the external views and some inside to (more than normal).

I never had that much judder before...

IQ is the same.

9. Radium3D

Radium3D Member

GPU:
    256MB PNY GeForce 6800 GT
    Awesome drivers!!! Improved graphic clarity and performance in CS:Source

CS:Source Stress Test Results (1024x768, 4xFSAA, 8xAF @ High Quality):
    61.77 - 106.23 FPS
    66.70 - 110.83 FPS

Much better than the 66.3X drivers.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  10. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Anyone try these with Joint Ops yet?

11. renuac

renuac New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 4 MX 440 64 MB 128bits
    Radium3D:

12. Bryer

Bryer Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI x850 XT PE 256mb AGP
    Profiles don't save for me with this sett. Any one else getting these issues?

13. Ava3ar

Ava3ar Member

GPU:
    ATi 2900 XT, 512
    these drivers are excellent, and they also have a working overlay brightness control

14. Warlord001

Warlord001 Master Guru

GPU:
    7800gtx
    Ive only set one profile for cod:ua but that has saved. It didnt seem to at first but when I bring the profile page back up its there with the right settings.

15. Runningwolf

Runningwolf Guest

These drivers are excellent. The application profiles are a little bit different now. when you click on the check mark and change something it unchecks itself and goes back to the default and then when you check mark it again it is changed.

16. [X]Pyro

[X]Pyro Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 6800 GT
    i'm getting a little corruption in some games but it seems to be just in the upper left corner,a little rectangular box with alot of funny colors in it.

Anybody else see or have this anomalie?
    and i also had issues with profiles but figured it out.

17. LordHalbert

LordHalbert Active Member

GPU:
    evga 7950GX2
    Profiles seem to save for me.

There seems to be a minor display bug when you hit the "Apply" button after making application profile changes. Hit "OK" instead.

18. N8PIZZUTO

N8PIZZUTO Guest

Woah I will have to give these a try I was getting best with FW 61.77. I am @WORK so I will post back tomarrow.

PNY 6800GT @420/1140

61.77=Doom3 FPS 71.44
    3dMark03 score 12300's

19. TeH-DEATH

TeH-DEATH Guest

everything on these seems pretty good, im not noteicing any major improvements but DV is working correctly. i remember reading somewhare in this thread that BF1942 was alot more jittery with these drivers, the cause of this appears to be hard drive access when the game starts up its still reading the hard drive which is normal but it appears that with this particular set it continues to access as you play causeing the jitteryness. if anyone else has this problem in BF1942 check your hard drive light and see if its being accessed.

20. ToRnAdO

ToRnAdO Guest

These drivers are the best so far for the 6800