ForceWare 56.72

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AcidAngel, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Sigurd

Sigurd Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS
  2. I hope these fixe the slow down in Star Wars Galaxies =)

3. war59312

war59312 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 470
    Yeap not signed here either.

4. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    According to the release notes it does.

Edit: BTW Who gives a Flying (explitive) weither or not Microsnot approves these drivers

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004

5. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    These drivers look promising so far. Seems a few GLSL bugs were fixed. Humus's GLSL demos work better now. The VolumeLightmapping GLSL demo now runs correctly with these Forcewares.

Now unto some PC games. ;)

6. YesThor

YesThor Member

GPU:
    GForce FX 5900 ultra
    these drivers against 56.64 and 56.82

56.64 and 56.82 have more sharp image
    and for me the 56.64 and 56.72 not any diferent
    Conan still works proper only with 56.82
    so i will keep 56.82

7. installed here, quality and speed is about same (maybe 1\2 fps faster) but with bug fixes and because it is whql these are staying on here.

8. WassupDawg

WassupDawg Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800GT
    They work good here, too. Very good IQ and speed. They look really good with Rivatuner tweaks. I set my LOD to -1.5 added 20 to contrast, 5 to brightness, added a slight boost to digital vibrance. I set AF to 8 and AA to application, vsync to always off. They look sweet and added 10% FPS to my games (from 56.54). They look like a nice cross between the 56.54 and 56.82's., keeping the best parts of each. Much better than the 53xx's on my rig.

9. OMG, not only do the now work with Star Wars Galaxies, they even faster, I can now put everything on, awesome!!!!!!!!!!! whooooo hoooooooo!!!

10. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9700 @ 325/580 (3.6ns hynix..)
    Who really cares if they're WHQL or not.. nvidia has alot of drivers that are WHQL certified and they're still garbage, then some that aren't that are very stable. It just matters if they work properly or not.

11. Corrion

Corrion Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS
    I noticed that after I started using 56.64, my mouse would lag all the time whenever I loaded an application. That's the main reason why I switched back to 53.03. Does the 56.72 fix the mouse-lagging problem?

12. qoute : 'Who really cares if they're WHQL or not.. nvidia has alot of drivers that are WHQL certified and they're still garbage, then some that aren't that are very stable. It just matters if they work properly or not.'

do you actually know what they have to do to get whql certified? personally i would rather have drivers that were not beta - ie the developers consider the version to be releasable,rather than some leaked, unfinished code.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2004
  13. owziee

owziee Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT (128MB)

I've just downloaded these drivers from nvidia.com and they're still not whql certified. Weird cuz it even says whql in the filename!!!

Oh well, these drivers are very good though. UT2k4 feels a lot faster.

14. Project2501

Project2501 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4870 DK TOP
    WHQL does not always mean it's a decent driver guys. Seriously. Don't be ignorant.

There are plenty of beta drivers that have worked great from nvidia, and plenty of WHQL certified ones that worked great too.

Therefore, using common sense, who gives a **** if microsoft approves it? They can't even fix their own damn software, who are they to tell others wether or not there drivers are worthy of their buggy OS?

15. YesThor

YesThor Member

GPU:
    GForce FX 5900 ultra

That is the god`s truth
    and dont care for numbers the important Thing is all games you play work with one set of drivers.

16. Richteralan

Richteralan Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS IceQ3 Radeon X1900XT
    Besides M$, we need Futuremark's approve, too.
    so it's like WHQL and FHQL...:rolleyes:

17. ajm786

ajm786 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260
    Dudes. Did nVidia choose to stop cheating???

I uninstalled the 56.64s. With those drivers, I used to get about 6500+ in 3dmark03.

I installed the 56.72, with all the same settings. No difference. I get 5140 or so now in 3dmark03.

Then I ran 3dmark2001. With the 56.64 I got like 16,500 marks. With the 56.72 I get 17,500. I saw that the fps in some of the benches were a heck of a lot faster than with the 56.64 or any other previous driver. Like in the Nature scene of 3dmk01. With the 56.64 or previous drivers, I would get like 60fps. Now I get 90+. :eek:

Can some tell me what's happening here? I don't wanna be losing performance if 3dmark03 is reporting a lower score than a previous driver, and then would affect my gameplay.

Check my sig below for my system specs.

18. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    ok it cost like $10,000 to get whql logo'ed.. thats per driver version..

though to a big company 10grand isnt alot. when you figure all the forcewares in the last few months it adds up.

it is 10k isnt it? i was told it was.. hilbert might know more then i would.

19. tcmjr

tcmjr Guest

Who cares about ms ? for the job they do with whql driver , nvidia could pay me that 10k and the drivers would be so much better i assure you.

20. Starboykb

Starboykb Member

GPU:
    Chaintech FX5900XT