Forceware 270.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dudikaz, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Try updating through Device Manager.....the installer didn't work for me.

2. Jammed_Death

Jammed_Death Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx560 TI Hawk
    did another "clean install" with nvidia drivers downloaded from guru3d, worked, now all files are 270.51...meh :D

3. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Anyone getting bad company 2 screen flickers with this driver? Only way to clear it for me is to lower the effects setting from high to low.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    You don't "have to uninstall previous drivers".... The "upgrade" option works perfectly fine... as does simply installing new drivers over top of older drivers. Most of the issues come from "tweaks"...

5. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    Dragon age 2 definetly got a noticeable bump in performance going from 35-45 to 50-60 (vsnyc on) I can now play max setting with smooth game play. So if you play DA2 you definitely should install these right away

6. sauvageon

sauvageon New Member

GPU:
    crossfire hd4890
    I have notice 10° more in game with my gtx470 in sli with this driver...more than100°! they 're very hot so i roll back to 267.24... so far better for my cards!

7. LavaZza

LavaZza New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 DirectCU 1GB
    Actually i have 2-3 degrees lower temperature with these on my GTX460.

8. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    placebo

9. reeven

reeven Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    This is the nest driver for me to use with dvb-c tuner in dvblink, dvbviewer, etc.
    In the last year i experimented freeze on live-tv on every app i use with my tuner.
    With this driver, live-tv is workin ok, no more freeze.

10. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    good drivers for most thing but i have a problem with flash videos. when i try to make them full screen the sound plays fine but the screen is just black.....also with a couple games, the colors are a bit off. super meat boy is supposed to be dark red and with this driver he is mostly pink haha.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah my 3d colours seem a little faded....

12. hanson

hanson Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING/3G
    Yes in my rig this driver works fine and great :) especially in DA2, usually with driver 270.32 i got 30-40fps at 1600x1200, Very high, AO enabled, high res.texture enabled.... but with this driver i get 40-50fps even more sometimes :) thx for ur info Saabjock.... our GTX470 really still kick ass for new games sofar.

13. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I found an issue with DA2. Turning on anisotropic filtering screws up the foliage making look sparser and more jagged. This happens irregardless of the use of ingame AF or nvidia CP AF. The foliage looks normal if no AF is used.

14. Mv740

Mv740 Member Guru

GPU:
    580 GTX SLI
    I just reformatted downloaded guru3d version 270.51 installed the driver couldn't get the nvidia control panel to open and SLI was broken. Uninstalled drivers used driver sweeper. Download 270.51 from geforce website now could finally open nvidia control panel and SLI was fix. Odd :nerd: Recommend downloading the drivers from geforce website. Guru3d version is broken. :biggun:

15. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    yes the guru3d version is(was?) broken i downloaded like 2 times , but the setup works from Geforce .com

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I just wanted to add that these are simply outstanding drivers IMHO and I've yet to experience a single issue with new or old games. I'm currently hooked on a golden oldie, The Saboteur, and that is running far better and with fewer issues on my GTX 580 than it did on my previous HD 5870 CFX setup even with the same beta patch (EA disbanded the developers before they could a chance to finalise it sadly). Lost Planet 2, Mass Effect 2, SHIFT 2, DiRT 2, Pro Evo Soccer 2011, NBA 2K11, MLB 2K11, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Saw: The Video Game, Crysis 2 and, especially, Dragon Age II are all running superbly also and with zero issues.

Couldn't be happier, not that I've had many issues with NVIDIA drivers anyway other than broken forced ambient occlusion a few months back (note: no more multi-GPU frustrations for me!!!).

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Any ideea if a 270.xx whql driver will come out any time soon? If not I would like to give these a try and replay DA2 without the retarded 10-20 fps when maxed in DX 11, heard these drivers fixed it...

18. Governator

Governator Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    Sorry if this has been addressed before but why is the Control Panel so damn slow to come up not to mention the extreme lag when adjusting the color sliders for instance?

19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    @DiaboliX: Probably 2 weeks or 3 we must to wait for a whql.

20. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    10 deg cel rise in temps, i don't understand why? Everything else is fine.