Forceware 196.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Mar 2, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

147 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

42 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Weird - I just reinstalled these and now my GPU fan ramps up when the temp climbs up over 75c. (EDIT - nm just realized I have RT installed....self face-palm)

My fan has never ramped up before - normally it sits at 60% and doesn't move regardless of the gpu temp...

Imo these have better IQ than the 195.86, hence the reason I uninstalled the 195.86's...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. Lie495s14

Lie495s14 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 / Dell.2209wa
    im having same problem with k-lite mega using this driver.

3. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I use gom player , which is tweaked for my liking ( sharpness , noise ) i've yet to see choppy playback. If i do i'll let you know :(

4. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Games, OpenGL and DirectX all working perfectly.

Flash video though, not so much. Was watching Hulu with the 197.13 beta in use and running the latest Flash release, 10.0.45.2 Videos were very jumpy, not smooth at all. I noticed that even though I have hardware acceleration enabled in Flash settings, the core clock was not increasing and I was trying to watch HD video in regular 2D mode.

I installed the latest Flash 10.1 Beta, release 3, and hardware acceleration is back and better then ever before. A minor inconvenience fixed by installing the latest beta of Flash.

If anyone watches Flash based movies and wants the latest Flash beta, you can download it here
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/