Forceware 196.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Mar 2, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

147 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

42 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Is this Driver Solid Or STable Na...>>>

Hello All....

I have checked these drivers 196.75 has so many problems.... Me have some Wierd Colour in battle field bad comapny 2 and got stuck after than nvidia driver not responding have to restart windows.... on XPsp2 32bit and some people reports choppy video and Have some problems with these drivers in nvidia control panel... in tab Manage 3d settings these drivers has automatically added my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 as Aliens vs Predator because Kaspersky has same exe like (avp.exe) and Aliens has also the same(avp.exe) .. Cannot remove because it's automatically added.... i did't install the Game Aliens vs Predator at all.....

Is this is a solid drivers some guys said they got more points but on other side we have to check these issues Windows performance or choppy video bug... If these bugs are solved then it will be good.....

nVIDIA what's in Ur Mind.... GIve Some Good Drivers.....

Back to 196.21 no problems with Battle field at all.... or no other problems....

2. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Ran some benches, not bad.

All 1920x1080 and stock GPU clocks, using Win7 Pro 64bit.

Crysis - 195.81

Run #1- DX10 1920x1080 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~Overall Average FPS: 42.01

Crysis -196.75

Run #1- DX10 1920x1080 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 43.655

Far Cry 2 - 195.81

Settings: Demo(Ranch Small), 1920x1080 (60Hz), D3D10, Fixed Time Step(No), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(4x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Ultra High), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Ultra High), Terrain(Ultra High), Geometry(Ultra High), Post FX(High), Texture(Ultra High), Shadow(Ultra High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(Yes), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)
    Loop 1

* Total Frames: 2943, Total Time: 51.02s
    * Average Framerate: 57.69
    * Max. Framerate: 82.78 (Frame:448, 6.09s)
    * Min. Framerate: 44.50 (Frame:2248, 39.19s)

Far Cry 2 - 196.75

Run 1
    Settings: Demo(Ranch Small), 1920x1080 (60Hz), D3D10, Fixed Time Step(No), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(4x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Ultra High), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Ultra High), Terrain(Ultra High), Geometry(Ultra High), Post FX(High), Texture(Ultra High), Shadow(Ultra High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(Yes), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)
    Loop 1

* Total Frames: 2953, Total Time: 51.00s
    * Average Framerate: 57.90
    * Max. Framerate: 83.68 (Frame:454, 6.14s)
    * Min. Framerate: 45.59 (Frame:2376, 41.68s)

Resident Evil 5 - 195.81

Settings: MAX
    DX10: 57.5 Avg

Resident Evil 5 - 196.75

Settings: MAX
    DX10 57.5 Avg

I don't have a reason not to keep these, played BF: BC2 for 2hrs with no stuttering. No stuck clocks, weird colors, crashes, nothing... OH and lowered my gfx idle temp by a magic 1-2 degrees celsius.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Wrong. Once people realize that they are comparing GPU temeprature retreived via external sensor with compensated one, they'll realize that these are not false readings.

4. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660ti DCII
    DirectX 8 stuff stopped working with this driver, since I like retro gaming I've had to go back to .34beta.

MaxPayne 1&2 and 3dm01 all failed and just hang in taskman, going back to the beta fixed it.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Well its twice I tried this driver, but temps seem acting up again. After seeing others report fan stoppage in E.Precision (same that happened to me in MSI-AB), decided to be safe and revert to 196.34.

6. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 1gb SLI
    Screenshots and circled stats came out well. You can crop the image for width (next time) to prevent borking the thread. :)

7. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 1gb SLI
    196.75 is working well so far in Crysis and Crysis Warhead. No fan/overheating issues. Since last restart, idle temps have maxed at 40c for both GTX 280 cards, with current idle at 34c and 35c. Fans speeds are set manually using EVGA Precision 1.9.1 at 61% for idle.

No issues while gaming, either with video quality or heat. Max temps for both cards was < 56c at 100% fan speeds during game play. Ambient room temp at that time was around 65 degrees F.

EDIT: temps are measured using HWMonitor 1.15. Its displayed temps match those of EVGA precision (no discrepancy of reported temps).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  8. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    should i say different temperatures in different programs instead?

looks like nv is on way to screw coolbits, 2nd driver in short time that messes em?

9. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Problems encountered installing new driver on 64bit Windows 7. I know I probably didn't need to uninstall first but anyway just wanted to for a clean start:

I used Control Panel to uninstall all installed NVidia software (performance, physx, driver etc.)

Then rebooted into safe mode and attemted to use Driversweeper but Windows insisted on installing NVidia drivers itself before I could continue.

Tried disabling from Computer->Properties->Advanced System Settings->Hardware->Device Installation settings but IT DOES NOT WORK.
    Windows still loads NVidia driver if this is disabled.

Turns out you need to use Local Group Policy Editor like this:

* Go to Start–>Search type in gpedit.msc
    * Click the file to open the Local Group Policy Editor and show Windows who is in control!!
    * You want to go here: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System->Device Installation. Click on the subfolder Device Installation on the left and on the right side you will see the possible restrictions.
    * Right Click on Prevent Installation of Devices not described by other policy settings and edit this option, set it on ENABLED.
    Reboot Windows and enjoy its inability to pollute your system with its standard driver, open gpedit.msc again and revert the change so you will be able to install your driver.

Then reboot again into Safe mode and run Driversweeper again to remove NVidia stuff.

Then rebooted again and finally attemped to install new driver but it didn't work - it kept saying "your computer has not been modified - try again later"

Turns out I needed to remove the "Prevent Installation of Devices" change made above first and then it worked.

Now after install and reboot there were problems with AvP....

1. It would no longer go into 1920 x 1200 60Hz native mode of my Dell 24" monitor.
    When I changed the resolution in game got monitor error "out of range".
    The NVidia Control panel said it was 59Hz and wouldn't change to 60Hz.
    I changed a few settings like "do not scale" and back to "use monitor scaling" and eventually I got it to change to 1920 x 1200 60Hz.
    Don't know where the cause of this problem arose or what fixed it...

2. When starting a multiplayer game of "Predator Hunt" and got to "Searching for games" screen, the game crashed (stopped moving and sound stopped).
    This happened twice in three attempts to find a game. I had to do ctrl-alt-del and kill the actual game process. This never happened before...

Good news - I played two games (multiplayer - hunts) at full DX10 settings including motion blur and there were NO lockups/hanging during the game like there was previously! Hopefully from now on...

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

No, you should say different temperatures retreived from COMPLETELY different thermal sources. You can see raw temperature read from external ADT7473 sensor (this T is also used as input for a fan controller), you can read temeprature from on-die GPU diode, you can read temperature from external sensor but apply thermal compensation (temperature offset) to it to approximate on-die temeprature. The third value is displayed by all NVIDIA driver based tools (NVIDIA SystemTool, EVGA Precision, Afterburner, RT (by default), Gainward Expert Tool and so on). Some tools display raw external sensor temeprature ONLY, others allow you to select thermal provider for temperature readings. Use RT and peek into <Core temeprature> graph properties, you can select any possible provider there and compare the output. So to have valid comparision you have to compare temepratures retrieved from similar sources.

11. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G

u prevented win7 to install wddm driver and normal procedure to detect usable resolutions on ur monitor

12. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Nice! Let's give'em a try!

13. kaza83

kaza83 Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE®GeForce™ GTX295
    It didn´t help my friend.. I tried to stop this service by typing (services.msc) in search bar and choosing stop, and then by typing (gpedit.msc) and turning off the service...

14. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    I had the same problem with StarCraft 2 Beta but found a simple way to fix it temporarily. You can still access SC2 if you keep on trying it. Once you successfully logged in, go to Options then set your Display Mode to Windowed(Fullscreen). This problem has already been addressed to Blizzard and will do something about it in the next patch. The game is still on Beta so this is expected.

15. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Working good for me so far...fingers crossed!

16. Razorrig

Razorrig Banned

GPU:
    HD 5870 Xfire 1025mhz

Looks like to me in those second sets of screen shots that SLI isnt working with those drivers.

17. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Best driver for my GTX 260 aswell , everything is just so much faster and smoother

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Might try these 188.25 again, see if they are any good with games i play, and specifically the newer ones.

I'm also having the problem that puts it into 16bit colour if i change the resolution from anything but 50hz, 50hz is what i use most of the time anyway, but still....

19. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Is there a program for monitoring fan speeds other that evga? I have gtx 275 bfg.

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner, for example.