Forceware 196.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Mar 2, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

147 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

42 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Mine is sitting idle at 58c with the fan at 80% wtf?

2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    What is your ambient temp and do you have any dust in the machine?

3. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    wow im at 42c idle at 30% fan speed and thats with 2 cards heating each other up

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I would say they are keepers, didn't notice any thing abnormal going on and BF2 seems to run fine ( only game I have installed right now :D)

5. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Not sure at the moment since I am in the process of reinstalling everything but I have never had that happen with my gtx 275 and 8800gts in this rig before. I have a cosmos 1000 and it is always lower than that at about 48c with 40% fan while my 8800 idles at about 55c, right now it is sitting at 72c idle. I have no dust I keep my rig clean so that isn't the case. I am about to uninstall these drivers and go back to the previous ones.

Quick update, just went back to 196.34 and my temps are now at 51c and 63c that seems more like normal.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  6. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Well, Seattle can't be all that hot this time of year so that was kinda a dumb question. Well, unless you have the heater duct blowing near your case or your case is in a closed desk enclosure. I doubt that is a factor though. Seeing your specs, I can safely assume you are not a dummy. :) I wonder why some folks get warm temps on this set. Well, I bet many people wonder as well. Are your clocks stuck on 3D? That can cause warm temps.

7. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I think that the clocks are getting stuck in 3D because I didn't see my 275 drop to 300mhz when I was on the desktop. Yea no dummy here but I don't overlook peoples suggestions, because you never know I could be doing something wrong. But I am in the basement (Man cave) and no heater what so ever near my rig. plus I have a very big case so that isn't an issue. now I am down to 50c and 64c for each card.

8. pokuly

pokuly Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti SC
    Didn´t install a new driver in a while. Nice performance but...
    Idle temp hangs at 60-66° after gaming and like endless times before and other drivers, after 3D it never goes back to lowest clocks. Is it that complicated?
    Opening system information in the control panel let it hang.

9. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    theres false readings as earlier stated on this thread

edit: page 7 post 155

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  10. Pedroshin

Pedroshin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC
    Well.. you're not alone. Plus nHancer is always handy to have, it's not just for changing AA and that stuff, but also an easy way for making backups of game profiles from newer drivers so you can use them on older drivers.

11. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    D'OAH!!! Sorry. My bad. I have read the entire thread but for some reason I totally spaced. Thanks, man! :)

12. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    is there any other people facing choppy video playback?? How can a graphics driver break codecs such as ffd show?? strange!!!

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Yes, with K-lite and its MPC-HC. FFD Show works fine in Win7/Vista codec pack and the regular MPC (v6.4.91).

14. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Drivers are working fine here, BFBC2 seems smoother, every thing working as expected. EVGA precision shows normal temps.

Seem like a solid release.

15. Outlaw24

Outlaw24 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 260/216 SLI
    I like these drivers, however, after bringing my systems out of sleep mode precision indicates my fan speeds are "0" and my temps naturally start rising. Removed and conducted a fresh install with Drive Sweeper and obtained the same results, reverted back to 196.21 and everything is normal again.

16. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Drivers r running good here, i really cant tell a difference from the previous beta drivers even when gaming.

17. Rockshocker

Rockshocker Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
    These drivers are much better, I'm not getting the hitching I would otherwise get randomly in games.

18. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    After resuming from stand by both of the fans of my gtx280 where at 0. What the heck, I found out because my gpu temps where 112c for half day. I found out when I when in to precision and saw the temps and freak out. I immidatly up the fan to 100 for a bit to cool down. I touch the exhaust of the fan in the rear of the case and it was dam hot. Didn't feel any air blowing. If my gpu fails I'm going to sue nvidia. SO far it is working, I played BFBC2 for 2 half hours and no problems so far.
    I already RMA my cards with evga 3 times and spend close to 100 bucks on shipping, this was regarding the famous PSOD that many where experiencing http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=108251

19. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    I think I will stick with 188.25. Still the best driver for my GTX 295.
    Here you can see benchmarks for FAR CRY 2 with identical settings.
    1920x1080
    Everything on maximum with 4x AA and vsync ON.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The difference is huge and gameplay is smoother with 188.25.

BTW. It is first time I posted screenshots. Just learned now.

20. FeNiX23

FeNiX23 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870 XXX Edition
    It's sad to say but with my 8800GTS 640mb, only the 186.18 gives me no stuttering in Fallout 3.. :( 196.21 and newer versions fixed the stuttering in Modern Warfare 2 but not in Fallout 3 ( at least on windows 7 64bits )

-186.18 has no stuterring in Modern warfare 2 and Fallout 3 though.. so i'll stick with it .