Forceware 196.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Mar 2, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

147 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

42 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. zaft

zaft Member

GPU:
    yeah me too having this problem. But everything is working fine

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Sounds like a driver bug. Others are having issues with the GTX 295 and the system information missing. Do you have the dual PCB card or the CO-OP?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yep AA is working for me too without nhancer. Only reason I had it installed was for ME2.

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Again first GPU when leaving game doesnt switch to 2D clocks and stay on 3D clocks, its been bugged for so long now.

5. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It sure is, I had to edit that line in the reg file: here is the guide:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=307389

6. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Single GPU here (well unless you count my PhysX) and I'm stuck in 3D mode all the time with these drivers. I've tried rebooting multiple times and haven't even loaded any games just stuck in 3D mode from boot on.... I have never had this problem with any previous drivers while I know others have and find it odd it's doing it to me finally. Don't really care much to be honest at least I'm not stuck in 2D mode :)

Edit: just loaded up GPU-Z 3.6 and it's reporting my speeds dropping to 2D mode properly. Funny I never thought any version of GPU-Z above 3.6 was measuring properly and this is proof. Perhaps others should try monitoring their card with this version instead of the latest or even whatever other application just to see if other apps are misreporting.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  7. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    never seen this, dual pcb w7x64

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    regarding system information missing, i also dont have any missing info or crashes.

9. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    Strange, anyone have that problem, it takes about 10secs to install, and doesn't ask for restart. And nothing is installed really. How do you fix this? I'm kind of confused, I used Driver sweeper etc...

10. mirunit

mirunit Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 x2 SLI
    This is a very good driver imo. Just finished playing BC2 and it was noticeably smoother than the beta and first level with the previous drivers. My clocks are also correcting themselves on SLI when I switch from desktop to game, it used to stay clocked low.

11. Rafa91

Rafa91 Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 5870 + 8800GTS
    Hey, has anyone tested if this drivers works with physx patch 10.2?

Thanks!

12. Homeless

Homeless Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275
    higher fps in left 4 dead 2 by 20. Lower minimum fps by 15. Not worth keeping

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    This driver doesnt get along with MSI AB. My temps were going berserk at certain times. After watching a few music vids, my temps were 101c and the fan speed was 0. Everest reported the temp as 70c. Either way, not keeping this driver, uninstalled it and back to 196.34.

14. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    I seem to be having a problem with two games I play, old games mind you, but didn't have the problems with 196.34.

C&C: Yuri's Revenge - Some menu options aren't showing, i.e Campaign, Skirmish setup etc, but they are there if you click in the right place, just not visible. Also, the game sometime tends to minimize constantly, making it impossible to actually get on the game.

CoD: United Offensive - Once I quit the game, the process still resides in Task Manager, the problem is intermittent.

Win 7 x64.

15. SJ911

SJ911 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 295
    Zero issues with this driver. As usual. Eradicating remnants of old ones and keeping current has never been a problem for me. The claims of image quality improvements, as usual, are very suspect.

16. SumLeetNub

SumLeetNub Member Guru

GPU:
    yes
    IMHO these drivers r about the best in IQ, the smoothest I have used and also the about the fastest.

17. _RA_

_RA_ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    just fine cept as with 19x.xx series for me anyway i cannot make a custom res for some reason the 18x.xx series i can. otherwise most games wont let me pick 1680x1050 @ 59hz otherwise the norm is 1680x1050 @ 61hz which most games wont recognize

18. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Apart from clicking system information causing application error, everything seem to function as they should be.(overclock, scaling, 3dclock, dv setting etc) Performance seems on par with previous driver(196.34) I was using. I think I'll keep it.

19. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560

yes ok! But in my 191.07, its also at 50% by default!
    So is 50% in 191.xx driver equivalent to 52 or 53% in 196.x drivers?
    or how do you mean?

20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Heh, unsurprising, since problems like that usually only seem to happen to me. But it's ok, I guess, it works again with nHancer installed and properly configured, I just wish I wouldn't have to install third party programs to make something work well when it isn't supposed to require such a program to work in the first place, so of course it has to be related to my hardware or software or whatever, I'm just unlucky, as usual.