Forceware 190.89

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Stormie74, Sep 13, 2009.

1. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    sorry to hear that g60force but no worries i do the same and my back aint bad. gots 390gb free of 1tb of games hdd.
    [​IMG]

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No point asking this, as its
    1. Not a bug.
    2. Not everyone has this problem.

I can select 59 or 60hz with these.

But i could also do that on every 190.** release.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    If you're going to run multi-GPU solutions....get used to "issues". Unless nVidia decides to start writing different drivers for single GPU and multi-GPU...there are going to be issues. It's hard enough to write a single driver to cover multiple architectures....adding more features just increases the likelihood of "issues". Multi-GPU solutions will never be completely "issue" free.

In theory, and realize this is just an extremely simplified explanation, you have to write the driver for a single card. The driver has to instruct the system on how to pass data to a single card, which it has to instruct on how to process and output the data. When you add a second card, you now have to add instructions on how to organize and then process that data between the 2 cards, as well as instruct one to pass the output data to the other. Then you have to instruct card 1 on how to handle the data from card 2 and then how to output the data from both cards. The more GPU's you add, the more instructions you have for data organization and processing. You also have to take into account the different system configurations and properly code the driver to avoid conflicting with other drivers. It's a whole lot of work, for something that in the end is really a very simple sounding process. It's really impossible to test the driver on the variety of configurations that everyone uses....or take into account features that MS may or may not break as windows updates are rolled out without adequate testing. In the end, just be glad SLI ever worked in the first place....because MS may break it tomorrow...lol.

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Actually most people can selext 60hz, it just doesnt stick to it after "apply" is pressed? But maybe that was what you meant? And yes, SAVA700, stop with that "is the 59hz bug fixed"! You know its not a bug, its been told to you several times! And if you keep asking such a stupid question, you´ll get stupid answers! As long as you are using win7, you propably wont ever get that fixed? As there is nothing to fix...

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, i meant everyone i know can select 60hz and it sticks, by know i mean know personally.

But it would really be nice to hear the end of it, no one should be running Window7 on its own anyway, so for any older games that have the problem, just use Vista or XP.

6. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Control panel has an annoying issue where it takes anywhere from 5 to up to a minute to acknowledge commands and settings

I can't even go into the tab to check my refresh rate on my Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW without the CP just outright crashing and locking itself up, I had to set the refresh rate with windows display settings tab to 60hz

No temps with EVGA precision, but works with Everest

Everything else seems ok, so going to test with games now

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I have no issues with CP, and temps work for me in EVGA Precision again? Did not work with 186.91, but now with these they do work actually? ;)

8. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Actually when I just reinstalled 186.91 right now I had temps with EVGA until I rebooted again, now they are gone

So looks like a EVGA problem

Anyways, tested with games

TF2 lost 50FPS off the top end. V-Sync lag was near gone compared to 189, but I play with it off anyways

L4D showed no difference, again V-Sync lag was near gone

UT3 refused to start, tried 10 times

Bioshock refused to start 4 times, then got into game missing textures everywhere

The Witcher had missing textures everywhere

Stalker SoC with Oblivion Lost installed refused to load

Hellgate London refused to load

Yeah, I coulden't uninstall these and go back to 186.91's fast enough

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
  9. Mchart

Mchart Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470

I don't give two ****s. The 190 drivers have had MAJOR problems. The 180's didn't. Thats the bottom line.

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea they are crap in xp i had some stutter in some games reverted back to 186.18 there, in win7 its ok.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    yay, works nice now with 2d clock win7 x64, finally.

12. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX660 Ti Power Edition
    Ok, well I ran the Crysis Warhead benchmark utility.

Set: 1680x1050 DX10, Enthusiast , no AA, single run and time of day to noon on level Ambush:

Old Drivers 190.62:
    [ Min: 21.61 Max: 41.87 Avg: 30.66 ]

New Drivers:
    [ Min: 23.14 Max:41.86 Avg: 30.74 ]

Marginal improvement in the bottom of the framerate spectrum, but overall same performance.

13. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nice to see minimum framerate increasing, which is the important one, and if Crysis had a 2fps increase on the minimum framerate with every new driver release that would be perfect, not going to happen though lol.

Anyway, tryed these in Vista32 too, and no problems either :)

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    downloading, hope the fan speed issue disappears (and hopefully the Fallout 3 random BSOD)

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Sorry but a lot of people experience this problem on the 190.xx in Win 7. Yes the option to select 60hz is there, but it reverts directly back to 59hz when you hit apply. Games etc also do the same thing.

It is a problem, and it does exist. So yes there is a point in asking. Just because you do not experience it, doesn't mean others won't.

Also dude you claim people shouldn't use Win 7. The final RTM has been out, and is supported by MS. It has monthly updates just like Vista. Security updates, bug fixes w/e it may be.

From a non fanboy point of view, it seems all 190.xx I've tried has this 59 hz bug, the 186 series does not. It doesn't affect you then, so stop complaining about others having the problem, and enjoy your bug free 60 hz.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009

16. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Had Resident Evil 5 for an hour, no crashes? :D Maybe we finally got a "OK" 190 driver? ;) Hope so...

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Same issue as others with the CPL not responding.
    Happened after clicking the DVI-PC Display tab, 100% CPU usage on both cores.
    Crap driver -.-

And much worse, there was no uninstall in the Windows CPL for it, wtf?!
    So flushed it manually and went back to previous driver.

Used the Windows 7/Vista x64 version that Guru3D links to in the download section.

First time I ever seen a beta driver messing up like that.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  18. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The majority don't have this problem, so they are quiet, but the ones who do have it like to shout about it.

This reason i tell people to use Vista is because, its not a bug its a Windows7 feature, so why are people bitching about Nvidia, i also don't see a solution appearing on Windows Update.

Whats fanboy got to do with anything, and the 186.** series and before were Vista drivers that we were using on Windows7, they weren't Win7 drivers.

I personally want to know why i can select and keep 59/60hz, and others cant, what am i and others doing right that some aren't, is it user error, is it a problem with certain screens, but if it was a "bug" that affected the majority of people, it would of been fixed by now.

But posting in every driver thread "is the 59hz bug fixed" when they know its not a universal thing, is pointless, and shows laziness.

19. BeoWulf_

BeoWulf_ Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1
    Driver showes major improvements in COD5 WAW, Had some minor dropdowns to like 70 in the very 1. level, now i didnt go below 95 at any moment!! Also, where u head onto shore in the LPC with all the action going on, i didnt hit 100 fps with my previous driver (190.56) now i had a steady 100 going.. it was sweet as hell.. couldnt stop playing till i finaly died trying to defend the airfield.. (i changed the com_maxfps in console from like 85, to 100, if your wondering why you never hit 100)

btw, i dont use max ingame sittings, 2AF, and "texture filthering" is somewhere in the middle. I personaly cant tell the difference anyway, eksept the loss in performance.

I also had the Nvidia control pannel "hang" for a while, because i accidently hit the change resolution option, but i just let it hang there, and about 5 mins later it was running again.

So a minor bug in my oppionion, but the performance makes up for that, at least in my case.

I Also have the 59hz "bug", but if i open my monitors menu (samsung syncmaster 245b+ 24") and select info, it shows it's running 60 hz.

Gr8 drivers, think they made 3way SLI scale better or something like that, keepers for me.

20. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Dude, I'm programmer, normally bugs are not universal. Universal is 'this patch repairs XXX bug in SOME configurations'. 59 hz windows 7 bug has relation with HDMI/DVI security.