Forceware 187.66 X64 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Valagard, Oct 23, 2009.

1. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Time for someone to do a proper clean driver install :p

If you already did then it's something else in your system.

2. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    this is so weird!... everything was smooth as hell until i restart PC !! Now mouse lag at every game, even if fps above 40 50 60.!! How come 1 restart to pc change everything so fast!?!

3. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    Yeah right, I ALLWAYS de-install, driver-sweeper, safe-boot, driver-sweeper, reboot, install. So that's so much for your smart reply.

And my system performs normal with every other Forceware version, thank you very much, so again, what's left of your smart reply now?

This Forceware is different. I'm not the only one with sudden crashes in 3DMark and Rivatuner, so if you've got better answers than this, speak, or else, don't bother us, okay?

4. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    And as earlier stated, Batman Arkham Asylum runs without any artifacting with Physx active at high res. Very smooth, very nice. Just spend a couple of hours at Arkham and no problems.

Maximum temps: 67 and 59 degrees.

5. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Here's a smart reply for you....

Try closing down all your tray applications and see if the crashes still occur.

I had GPU-Z cause a crash with 3DMark Vantage (loss of application focus was the alleged cause) in between tests because I had it open and continually monitoring the sensors in the background. I can't say that I did or did not have this problem with any other driver version because I've never run Vantage while GPU-Z was up in the background. If you're using RivaTuner to access your sensors in some way perhaps there is the underlying problem. I have EVGA Precision which is based on RivaTuner running at all times in the tray, though not displaying temperatures in real time.

These drivers work nice enough that even if this is a legitimate issue, it's an issue I can live with until the next leak or release.

6. LEXX911

LEXX911 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950
    Interesting thing is that I have to turn off vsync for this driver while the other driver I need to turn on vsync.

The temp dropped 10degree. Usually with the other drivers idling at 49 to 44 but with this driver it's down to 34degree.

Rivatuner does not work with this driver. Was not able to ForceDriverVersion 18766 to "Enable low-level hardware overclocking" with this driver. Crashed everytime.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  7. conscriptvirus

conscriptvirus New Member

GPU:
    8600m GT
    ran a CSS benchmark since i dont really have any games installed atm:
    186.82---
    101.2FPS

187.66---
    102.0FPS

pretty much the same.

runnning on a 8600m GT

8. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    That's easy, ANY program that gives on screen updates when 3DMark (any version) is benchmarking, will cause the benchmark to be stopped with the "loss of focus" message. That's not due to this driver or anything related to it. 3DMark wants to have the screen all to itself during a benchmark. It is absolutely NOT related to the 187.66 driver.

Plus, I always shut down programs I know can give on-screen status updates like Messenger, Tweetdeck and such.

On screen temp-checking is also not running.

Besides, the issue with 3DMark occurs before any benchmarking actually gets started, it stops during the system analysis stage.

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Its not just the slight performance increases (Other then the massive Red Faction increase) but driver stability and game errors

Like Batman Arkham, after a hour of play with PhysX turned on high eventually the geometry would just crash and your screen would be flooded by hyper extended triangles, sometimes the geometry would crash so badly it would remain in the ram's memory and screw up all my other games until I did a full system reboot

Since I installed the 187.66 drivers, I've been able to run batman for a solid 3-4 hours without a single hiccup or geometry crash like I got before, as long as getting tiny 5-10FPS improvements in some of my other games

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

11. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    they also released 186.95 both 32 and 64 bit versions.but no moded info so far.

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    lol im still dl 187.62
    damn slow speed still 4min to go, I had 30min at start... ~ 30kb/s :bang:

13. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC

Isn't that going back? or are the 187.62's newer

14. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    btw ran the new dx11 benchmark with 191.07 and another time with 187.66. here are the results:

191.07: FPS:32.8
    Scores:827

Hardware
    Binary:
    Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1500 Release Oct 22 2009
    Operating system:
    Windows 7 (build 7600) 64bit
    CPU model:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU flags:
    2812MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 HTT
    GPU model:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 8.16.11.9107 512Mb

Settings
    Render:direct3d11
    Mode:1440x900 fullscreen
    Shaders:high
    Textures:high
    Filter: trilinear
    Anisotropy: 16x
    Occlusion: enabled
    Refraction: enabled
    Volumetric: enabled

187.66: FPS:27.0
    Scores:679

Hardware
    Binary:
    Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1500 Release Oct 22 2009
    Operating system:
    Windows 7 (build 7600) 64bit
    CPU model:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU flags:
    2925MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 HTT
    GPU model:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 8.16.11.8766 512Mb

Settings
    Render:direct3d11
    Mode:1440x900 fullscreen
    Shaders:high
    Textures:high
    Filter: trilinear
    Anisotropy: 16x
    Occlusion: enabled
    Refraction: enabled
    Volumetric: enabled

with 187.66 drivers there is a drop in fps and a temperature increase by 10 C. although they are very smooth in many games.
    with 191.07 the fps were higher and temps are good but not so mutch smoothness. games that I play have lag issues.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Riva Tuner works with all drivers except this set, where it crashes upon loading, so it is the driver that differs in some way.
    I have never seen RT crash like this for the last 10-11 years.

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    they're the only 32bit that are 187.xx, Im still at 32bit win7 atm.

edit: Wow first driver after 186.18 with fixed fan speed :).

Gonna test them in GTA4, in RE5 bench they looked very smooth.

and again 1+ for fan fix, 187.33 from msi had it broken.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    now rivatuner doesnt work with these, it closes it self and stopped responding.. i tried reinstalling it but no go, hm... i need 3dtripplebuffer lol:D

18. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    They work fine here for auto fan control. I used to have the same problem with same drivers but it was never about the version was more about the date they were made on, as in 190.15 (which were older) didnt have the problem but 190.38/62 and 186.24 did.
    Doesnt matter though, this ones work great with it again and they actually like my 9600gt, too bad rivatuner doesnt work with it.

19. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    What is happening to crash RivaTuner? I can't seem to get it to crash but I don't really use it much, I really only install it for D3DOverrider. Does it still crash if for example you uninstall and reinstall RT (i.e. defaults)?

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^

yes thats what it did here.. with this 187.xx. Well it did it with 187.62 32bit. Never saw that before like Mineria said.