Forceware 187.66 X64 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Valagard, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RDilag

RDilag Guest

191.07 ftw!

2. Viper666

Viper666 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 460 2GB
    the 191.56 set still works better in my case...

3. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    wonderfull driver. games running very smooth in comparison to 190/191 versions. for the first time broken fan is fixed for me. always stayed at 35% with every driver version but now it increases and drops down according to my gpu temp. the only thing that bothers me is that my temp increased from idle 45 to 52 and heavy load from 56 to 64 degrees. are these temps ok ?

4. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    im seeing an idle increase of ~5c, not tried any heavy use yet but im sure the way msi afterburner handles the auto fan profiles will work fine for me.

expecting about 80 - 85c max and that'll be 85% fan

wats the max usage temps for a 275 ? i know the roof is like 105c but wats the optimal max temp for a long life ?, i need to last me atleast another year and ive had it since april 09

5. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    I dont let my gpu go past 90c,so i up the fan speed to bout 75%,on full load my temps are 75-78c. I dont trust the auto fan,there were times my card gets to the mid 90's and the fan only goes up to 60%.

6. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    Anyone have a driver with the modded inf file already included? I tried to do it myself, but it'd beyond me. Could not get it to work, says no hardware detected and aborts the install. :bang:

7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    heh? , is downloading the driver copying over the inf file that difficult?

8. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    cool drivers for me , no problems so far.. stuttering issues gone away clearly (previous driver 191.07). After 1st install rivatuner problems there, but after restart windows rivatuner also working normaly as before, seeing new driver also.

9. LEXX911

LEXX911 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950
    Smooth driver but why does it mess up your mouse speed and aim? Back to 182.50.

10. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Doesn't with me...

11. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    This driver seems to be working pretty good for me, my fps seems more stable, thats about it.
    Win7 x64

12. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Try after you install dispaly driver to reinstall mouse drivers. I have to do it every time I change display drivers. Do not know the reason behind it but it always fixes mouse after that.

13. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    I took 2d/3d auto clock speed switcing out of the hands of the driver a long time ago & use rivatuner to control clock speeds, works a treat.

Think I'll give these drivers a go, they seem to be good going by the replies in this thread.

14. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    I use evga precision myself but thats only to control clocks it doesn't have an option to switch over to 2D.

Not that i care too much now just set a profile really low like those of the 2D mode... Only happened the once aswell - 3dmark

15. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    I have a work around for that, simply disable and re-enable the device in device manager.

Even removes the need to reboot after a TDR (got quite a few of those while searching for my peak shader clock :D)

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Just doing another driver report

So far everything is fantastic, I was even able to play Batman Arkham for 2.4 hours without any errors, letting me able to beat the game, and this was while overclocking the card with 100% fan for the whole time to stream on vidyavidya on livestream (If you want to check me out, I'm ShamisOMally, or as people call me now ShamisOJoker cause I laugh like him ;P)

I played 4 hours of DMC4, no errors, I played Bioshock for 5 hours, no errors, everything I threw at these drivers works fantasticly, like I said it stopped my geometry crashing in Batman Arkham, and even improved performance with the drivers by a large amount

17. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Guys. I tried to install these but got message that is not copmatible with system. First time in my life. What does it mean? I have Vista 64.

18. Mr_Alexander

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Never mind. I think I figured it out.

19. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    for some strange reason after i installed these drivers i was getting the Data Execution error more often...3dmark06, riva tuner, even firefox......just to make sure i reverted back to 186.18 and bam....no more errors.....back to 187.66 and bam.....errors are there again......strange.......vista x64

20. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    Here I'm getting errors with 3DMark 2006 and Vantage, and it is when the systemscan is running on. Also RivaTuner crashes.

Something must have changed drastically in this driver to cause these kind of crashes.