Forceware 186.18 WHQL ( non quadro ) out Nvidia site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 18, 2009.

1. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
  2. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    wow, nice comparison. thanks.

3. Osamar

Osamar Member

GPU:
    Gforce 560 Ti 1Gb
    Have you tried this patch for Bloodrayne???
    http://www.coopdb.com/modules.php?name=BR2fsaa

4. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290
    have same.. happens like 90% of the time.. so annoying, and every icon gets defaulted too.. thank god for driver cleaner.. or i would suicided by now..

ghostbusters keep hard crashing my pc.. same with previous and this driver.. annoying , ****y ****..

5. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    turn off SLI, Ghostbusters doesn't use it anyway and that is what is causing your crashing most likely.

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Hilbert already deleted two of your previous posts because you advertised your web site in them.

That was the one warning we gave you. Bye, [zaeb].

7. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Installed these yesterday. All seems OK, 3DM Vantage scores are the highest since the early 180s; Prototype runs great @ 1680*1050, all max.

Strangely though these defaulted to GPU PhysX acceleration: 'Disabled' for me, had to turn it on manually.

8. Haunted66

Haunted66 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 780Ti SLI
    Back to 185.85 for me. I discovered that CoD4 and Fallout3, the ones which I play most, turned out to be nearly unplayable at max settings, so huge drop in the framerate. I never use any 3DMarks, so cannot compare, but loss in framerate was abt 20. Reinstalled 185.85 and all is back to normal.
    Don't know why, since I understand, not much has been changed in the new driver?

9. Gazzamac71

Gazzamac71 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 280
    I got the same problem on vista 64 turn of com and it resets the res

10. sideband

sideband Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070

11. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Could this be somehow related to the infamous 59 Hz bug?

12. Dropdown

Dropdown Member

GPU:
    ATI 5650
    I have experianced an error similar to this when going from 185.85 to 186.18. However, the error stated that 'Stereo Server had not been properly installed'. After continuing the installation and rebooting into normal mode i experianced a BSOD. Unfortuantly I have forgotten what it said, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled using this method again:

(Safe mode)Uninstall physx drivers + nvidia drivers
    Reboot into safe mode; run driver sweeper on AGEIA - Physx + Nvidia - display
    Reboot into safe mode; check if any files remain in driver sweeper(there wasnt) and then install 186.18 drivers
    Reboot into normal mode.

Through both installations I experianced the 'Stereo Server has not been properly installed' error. Also, it had appeared that an executable related to the stereoscopic 3D driver had not been deleted and had to be overwritten on the second try.

I've looked around the forums and on google and could'nt find anything on this besides from the person i had quoted. Does anybody have any infomation on this issue?

I don't know if the system is stable. I have tried furmark, GRID and M2TW: GRID and M2TW seem to have much lower fps than normal, around a 20 decrease. Furmark is reporting the same fps as it had been before.

I apologise if this should be made into a new thread.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  13. Mac292oh10

Mac292oh10 Member

GPU:
    BFG8800GT OC 512
    these and 185.15 just didnt get it for me in COD4 compared to 182.50 & 190.15...going back to 182.50 if nothing else....

14. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    For the most part this driver works well, but Im still having a problem when I first log on for the day, my disply is set to the wrong rez 1600x1200 vs 1920x1200.
    This also happend with the last drivers I was using, but I thought I had found a fix but I can no longer find how to do it.

15. ElmntEarth1

ElmntEarth1 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GeForce 670GTX
    I'm getting the stereo driver hasn't installed properly as well. I installed these to see if I got a fps boost in Ghostbusters, but it still gets massive frame drops.

Also, RivaTuner isn't picking up that I have a new driver installed. Anyone else having these problems?

16. 357

357 New Member

GPU:
    2x 9800GTX
    Is anyone else getting shadow and smoke flickering effects with this driver? I was on the 182 drivers, and did not have to deal with such a thing. Specifically, the smoke and shadow flickering happens in TF2 and CoD5.

17. vipermk2

vipermk2 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTS250 1G
    Whats all this about then, resizing the HDTV desktop is buggered.

[​IMG]

18. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    This driver has been good for me so far. Its stable, and I haven't noticed any decrease in performance so I'm happy.

19. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Same here. I've been using it since the day of release and haven't had any probs yet.

20. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    Left 4 Dead freezes for me with these. In the beginning I thought it was an issue on my end, so I started down clocking my gfx. Good thing i saw the post about this problem, since i just got the game and i thought my card was the problem. Freezed like 5 times now, one of them ended up in the driver unable to recover, so I had to manually kill the game. That happened once. All the rest of the freezes the driver recovered in time.