Forceware 186.18 WHQL ( non quadro ) out Nvidia site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    so there is a scaling bug because i got a new monitor the other week sammy 2253 and it wont scale normally. i thought it was the monitor having no scaler or somthing, you sir have made my day lol.

2. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Couldn't install these at all. It looked like they were installing but in fact they didn't. I previously had the 190.15's running without issue. I wanted to switch to WHQL.

- downloaded 186.18 from here it went through the installation process and after a reboot there were no drivers installed. I went to control panel add remove and they weren't there. This was after a driversweep in safemode.
    -downloaded 186.18 right from nvidia. During installation it claimed I was running a 32bit uninstaller and then said that my OS was 32bit and not 64bit. I am running Vista 64bit.

PRETTY WEIRD! never had this ever happen before. I was like.. wtf, hahahaha!!

Went back for 3rd time and used driversweeper and there were again a bunch of nvidia files, so it installed something in each instance. Removed all the related files, tried 186.08 and they worked without a problem. So I think I'll be sticking with 186.08

P.S. No I wasn't drinking.

3. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Scaling works fine here dude.
    Vista x64.

I've selected "do not scale" and works a treat, any lower than native res's have black borders around the edge.
    I'm using a samsun 215tw which doesn't have 1:1 mapping so i use "do not scale" alot when i want to use lower res's but keep sharpness.

One thing i have noticed is that the cusotm res's are a b**tard to set up. They won't do it automatically, have to click advanced then chose one of the timing formulas manually.

4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Hi,

I have a Samsung P2370, and the scaling options are all greyed out. Is this a driver issue or the monitor?

5. Aleksandarcox

Aleksandarcox Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8500 GT 256 MB
    Yeah, sad times came for nVidia and It's users. Shame... but that's their mistake. Switching to ATI ASAP. When I make some money, ofcourse.:) I'm not expecting to run games on 8500GT and Athlon 4600 at 200+fps. But, I just want games to run without numerous graphic glitches. :puke2: I always patch my games to latest version. There's simply no one other to blame than nVidia. I'm not talking about games that came out 1 day ago and nVidia didn't have time to prepare itself. I talk about games that are out 2-24 months already. Sad, really sad.:puke2:
    To eliminate one other option. I always use WHQL drivers, and do clean install after DRIVER SWEEPER.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  6. RLCF

RLCF Member

GPU:
    Crossfire R9280X/3GB
    New drivers no good for 8800s

182.50 WHQL
    Geforce 8800GT 512 MB SLI
    Overclock: GPU 702 MHz VRAM: 1026/1053 MHz (stable/artifacts) max 71ºC
    Fallout 3, FEAR 2, CALL OF DUTY 05, Far Cry 2 in 1920x1080 60 Hz all flawless in max quality 2/4x AA Vsync ON
    Mirror's Edge: unplayble with PhysX enable in shot scenes
    Crysis Warhead x64 enthusiast : 20/25/30 FPS

185/186s/190 WHQL or not
    With\without Ambient Oclusion
    Overclock: GPU 684 MHz VRAM: 1008 MHZ max 72ºC
    Fallout 3, Crysis Warhead: periodics BSODs
    Far Cry 2, FEAR 2: GPU freezes
    Call of Duty 5: 1920x1080 > periodics BSODs, 1600x900> GPU random freezes
    Mirror's Edge: playable with PhysX

Conclusion for me:
    182.50 WHQL :)
    >=185 :puke2:

7. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    If u mean "flat panel scaling options" in nvidia control panel, then yes its a driver issue.

It does help if u state what OS ure using. These drivers come in 6 flavours don't they (XP,Vista & 7 - 32 or 64)

It could also be card specific also.

Vista x64 and gtx 285 here & the scaling options all work fine.

8. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Hi,

Sorry I am using Windows Vista 32, I have only had this monitor for a week, used the 182.50 drivers before and the flat panel scaling options were also greyed out in that version.

9. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    This has to be the first driver in a long time I remember using where the scaling finally works again lol. I think it used to work before, but suddenly stopped after a certain driver release. Now, using 4:3 or 16:9 resolutions add the proper black borders.

I did get lower fps though when trying the SF4 bench (86 vs 84). I don't know if it has anything to do with my OS. I was using vista before, but tried windows 7 RC just a while ago through upgrade (not clean install).

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Unpack the driver with 7z and delete stereoscopic setup file.
    The rest installs just fine without it being there.

11. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Empire total war crashes with AA enabled.Works fine with 190.15

12. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    Shame I had the 190.15 drivers, when playing TF2, no flicking cam, BUT the FPS drops down to 30fps.

With these drivers back up to min 100+, but the cam flickers.

I rather FPS > flickering cam.

13. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    Because you'll give yourself a headache if you keep wearing them, that's why.
    :puke2:

14. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Has anyone tried America's Army 3 with these drivers and do you get widescreen? After jumping various drivers I cannot get this game to go widescreen. When I get into training, specifically, it is 4:3 with bars on the left and right. Only game that does it at this point. 186.08 are keepers for me. Getting those strange errors with latest WHQL strikes me as odd considering my system has been working great up and until that install. Maybe I'll give 186.18 another go this evening.

15. Vichello

Vichello Guest

CodWaW seems to be working fine with these drivers as long as I swtich off v-sync, otherwise im getting long loading time.
    Nice drivers :D

16. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 GAMING X
    Its not like I am constantly using it... but I appreciate having the option.
    I'm happy with it being automatically installed and the option is off by default.

about headaches, AFAIK the low refresh rates was the big problem, but with anaglyph glasses I see the screen as it is @ 85hz with both eyes.

maybe you are referring to this sh*t :eyes: ?

[​IMG]

or the new 3D Vision KIT combined with only 60hz monitor so you effectively getting 30hz.

im talking about the simple red\blue "paper" glasses, like at the movies.
    I never had headache after watching a 3D movie at the cinema nor at home.

17. Kharag

Kharag New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Nope, didn't work :(
    This is the third driver I'm testing and the bug is still here..

18. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 ti
    Did you installed the driver's for your monitor ?
    Flat panel scaling work's great for me under Vista 64bit+GTX285+Samsung Syncmaster 226bw.

thank you!

19. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Not massive improvements, but my Far Cry 2 average went up in the bench by about 2fps. I ran 3 Vantage tests and each one was different, so yeah, its all about the real world performance. No immediate problems as far as I can see. May test Lost Planet now it is actually possible to average 60fps at 1920 x 1200 in DX 10.

EDIT - Screenshot failed, but the Lost Planet benchmark resulted in;
    Snow - 62.1fps
    Cave - 86.6fps

That was at 1920 x 1200, all settings High, 4xAA and DirectX 10 features on. This was never possible on my 8800 Ultra.

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    These drivers are working very good for me so far, I only tried fallout3 with them atm.