Forceware 186.18 WHQL ( non quadro ) out Nvidia site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 18, 2009.

1. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    I see but hey maybe it would be a good thing if they adandon their older cards quicker, it sure would be better than getting new problems because of "improvements" meant for the newer cards. (imo) lol :)

2. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid
    I don't know if it's fixed, but I have had this issue for the past few driver releases, try what I have written below.

For me, if I set the option (for example "Do not scale"), click apply, then click yes, even though it reverts back on the radio button and says that it is using the default setting still, it has actually changed the option over, if I load a game up it will be scaled the way I have chosen, in my case not scaling. So try setting it, ignoring what it says and load up a game.

3. MrXGamer

MrXGamer Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I booted up COD1 to test it out for you, and no problems here. Runs flawless. Something must be wrong on your side. Did you do proper cleaning before installation?

I'm disappointed TF2 kill cam flickering is still there.

Only few bugs are fixed. Overall, a slightly better driver than 185.85. A keeper for now.

4. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    If you are still getting the flickering than go into nhancer or Nvidia control panel and select the TF2 Profile and switch SLI Mode to Alternate Frame Rendering...

Which sucks for me because I'm on 3-way SLI and when I select that setting.

5. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    they,work fantastic on the 8400gs best driver for it to date

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Hilarious. I too think its funny how some people judge drivers by the minutest gain in 3dmark. Hell I can sometimes see bigger differences by using the SAME drivers on different runs.

7. Captain Mazda

Captain Mazda Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580
    So how are these with Left 4 Dead? Still get the frozen audio loop?

8. lamenting

lamenting Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia GTX 285
    was going to ask the same. I'm on the 181.71's for Win7 x64 RC1 since they're the most stable.

9. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    No problems here. Can't complain and won't until something pops up, which usually doesn't happen.

10. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    I'm guessing you're talking about the bug where the game crashes and the audio keeps repeating. Had this problem once or twice with the 190.15 driver. After that never saw it again. Gonna install this driver and let you know how it performs.

11. xdurus

xdurus Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 oc
    Are you using a "non-Steam" copy? If so be sure to update. I had that problem until update 1.0.0.9 or so then it was fixed.Newest Update is 1.0.1.3

12. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    not fixedd for everyone..and im talking about the steam version.. not warez. its a complex issues and people with ATi cards have it too. for me its gone since 186.08 though but on steam forums many still complain about it.

13. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    how is the IQ of these drivers compared to 186.08?

14. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 ti
    Good driver's for me too.
    Under Vista 64bit i have no problem's at all. Actually even the 186.08 beta were trouble free, but i should stick with 186.18 one's.

I believe that the IQ is excellent (for those who asking).

The only thing i want from Nvidia is the addition of an option to not install the stereoscopic driver.
    We are talking about 1,06gb+a service running in the background, for something i don't need.
    I uninstalled without problems, but i can't find the reason to install and uninstall useless staff in my pc.

15. Haunted66

Haunted66 Active Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 780Ti SLI
    I second that. it is always funny to see something like "this driver is crap, I lost 2 points in Vantage" or similar.

For the the most important is whether new driver is fast, has nice IQ and does not crash. I don't even have any Aqua/3DMarks or other crap like this, as it has nothing to do with real life.

I believe many should like that Nvidia finally decided to hold to more or less monthly updates, I remember some year ago there were good 6 months or more between releases!

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i used driver sweeper but when installing from the 190.15 had a message saying stereo driver wasnt properly uninstalled. eh? what's this...

gonna try them out now with a few games.

the 190.15 i liked but my 295 wasnt downclocking to 2d clocks. grrr! they seemed like goos betas though...

17. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Well the min/ave framerate hasn't changed, but with 186.18 the max has shot up.
    Can't really see any difference with the screen shots u posted tbh .

Sick with the 186.18 judging by ur scores

18. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Hi,
    thanks.
    YEs, installation was properly done.

Some kind of informations :
    - I only tested COD1 in Multiplayer, no singleplayer.
    - I have the same problem with 185.85...
    - I use nhancer tweaker and Qtracker to enter a server
    - Xfire is opened during game and disactivated during game.
    - COD2, COD4 and COD5 multiplayer work perfectly (they are D3D games, and COD is a opengl...?)

I will post on nhancer forum because I notoced that modifying some SLI option in nhancer for COD, helps to delete this delay...strange.
    But, stil the problem of PC blocked. In fact, I am blocked in game but I can hear the sound nortmally, and sometimes, after 2 minutes blocked, it is unblocked alone and I can go back in game....

Very strange...

Something wrong between COD1, nhancer, drivers....Becaseu other games are ok.

Some ideas ?

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    [​IMG]

well iq seems good. nice looking and smooth. and solved my downclocking issue.

keepers!

20. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    that the complete oppisite to me mate, ive not had 1 issue or bsod with the 190.15 drivers. i to have been playing crysis for hours, also tried cod2 and (cough, cough) startrek voyager elite force plus hours and hours and hours on GTR-E.

vantage: 190.15 12,566p
    vantage: 186 whql 12,384p

it'll be intresting to see what the new drivers will score.