Forceware 186.18 WHQL ( non quadro ) out Nvidia site

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Which Call of Duty are you talking about and did you test it more than one time?

2. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Call of Duty 1.

Cal of duty 2, 4 and 5 are ok.

I tested it almost 10 times, the same problem at each time !

3. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I feel your pain, buddy. I think the first set of drivers my graphics card liked was 180.84.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

186.08 BETA

Loop 1 Far cry 2
    Total Frames: 2311, Total Time: 51,00s
    Average Framerate: 45,31
    Max. Framerate: 65,69
    Min. Framerate: 33,86

[​IMG]

Loop 1 Far cry 2
    Total Frames: 2307, Total Time: 51,03s
    Average Framerate: 45,21
    Max. Framerate: 77,55 (Frame:1, 0,03s)
    Min. Framerate: 33,81 (Frame:1755, 39,06s)

[​IMG]

Don't know what to think about 186.18 one...

5. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti

Huumm...SOrry...In fact, also with 185.85 WHQL, I have the problem....

6. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Drivers seem speedy and feel ok in games. But still bugged for me, of course (pic).

7. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Ditto! Seems about time they do away with their so-called "unified architecture" BS and make a set that works proper on each card model.

8. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    This driver seems to have some odd quirks, I'm going to run it for a couple of more days but I have a feeling that I'll be going back to 182.50.

9. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Those new drivers are very good for me (my system's specs on the left as you all know), I'm on Vista Ultimate x64 SP2, and everything works flawlessly. I would also like to add that after playing Left 4 Dead for a good three hours I can safely say that the Ambient Occlusion effect is considerably better, and that so far all of the rooms in which I previously experienced strange shadows and fog "flashing" effects are now gone and all is stable. Additionally, still in L4D, my performance is noticeably better without even doing a benchmark to have the numbers on paper, I already noticed it, mostly in cases when I use a Molotov, the fire effect used to create slight but noticeable slow downs especially when a horde of zombie ran into the flames, but with this driver without touching any other system settings (and without over-clocking any component) that slight slow down is gone as well, it's smooth as if I never threw a Molotov at all, that's the type of real-world advantage I was looking for with a new set of drivers.

I also tested Unreal Tournament III, and the same is true in that one, it's slightly faster (although usually the same, but I did notice a few performance increases in specific situations, one of them being in a custom map I really like with lots of water effects around as you frag). And again the Ambient Occlusion effects are better now, and by better I mean more precisely that with the 185.85 drivers all of the games which support AO had some "grainy shadows" effects, almost as if the AO-specific shadows were more noticeably pixelated than it should be (not quite that, but from a distance it created that illusion), but with those new drivers that effect from a distance is gone and it's looking very clear and clean. Those 186.18's are a keeper without a doubt.

10. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    BSOD due to television hooked up to second DVI output

This happened in a different fashion with the last driver.

I pushed "restart" after installing and the computer then restarted but then the monitor said "monitor is turning off". The hard drive activity was still very active but the monitor turned off.

After three restarts the monitor would show the mobo logo and then go black. I left the computer on and went to dinner and it was still the same.

I unplugged the plasma television that is hooked up to the second DVI output. (The television was off.) After unplugging the television, the computer started up normally right away. I imagine that the computer was seeing the television as the primary monitor once Windows would start up. Definitely going to roll back the driver if the issue recurs.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Back to 186.08 BETA lol, they give me +4-5 FPS in crysis than 186.18

12. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    FYI.. on my rig (9800M GT SLI) this still does not fix the Mirror's Edge flickering Faith texture problem.

13. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    Amazing drivers for prototype :D just amazing!

14. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    I love reading all the complaining and whining in driver threads. Blaming all the worlds problems on Nvidia for releasing such garbage drivers.

I don't know what you guys are whining about. I have installed every single Geforce driver posted here at Guru3D for the last 2 years except for the most recent pair of betas since they were clearly labeled as Quadro drivers. Not one of them has given me any of the issues you guys are posting about. Yes there are some that have performance issues but nothing really serious. Perhaps it's something other than the driver that's causing your problems. Just a thought.

Also why don't you actually take the time to read the driver release notes that are posted at Nvidia's website before you write your flaming post. That way you don't say something stupid like "Another driver with no fixes" or "Stupid Nvidia can't fix the problem with CS:S". Since every driver includes fixes posting that statement is just plain dumb. As for CS:S if you had read the release notes you would not only know how to prevent any problems but you would also know that the issue is not something that is caused exclusively by Nvidia's drivers. This makes it rather difficult for Nvidia to fix the issue since they aren't responsible for it to begin with.

There are just way too many posts on this forum from people who don't know what there talking about blaming Nvidia for everything from bad performance to Global Warming. In reality it's most likely the fault of the ignorant person who posted there tirade to begin with.

15. Hartman13

Hartman13 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 295
    Actually, i did read the release notes, and what it says about CSS is a totally different problem. The one im experiencing as well as the other guy has to do with the new drivers.

16. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    is there an SLI profile for ghostbusters included?

17. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I gained 100 points in Vantage over the 185.85s. Go me! :p

18. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    LOL ! You can keep on dreaming - if that were the case you'd see much less frequent driver releases and cost wise, they would abandon older cards much quicker........ there is a price to pay for unified but at least you don't lose support for older cards. :D

19. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Frankly, sounds like a problem created by some other software, for example malware/spyware. Run a couple scans with a couple different cleaners, Adaware, SuperAntispyware, etc.

20. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Well no point in complaining about it, all because a new driver is out, doesn't mean its going to work wonders. I stay use the drivers that shipped with the card to be honest with you, they seem to work the best always. Old drivers doesn't mean anything. I am curious to see these drivers work with my 8400gs, because the 175.16(the ones that shipped with this card ) are clearly the best.

I guess i will check out the 186.18 and see how they work out, feedback later.