Forceware 180.48 WHQL ftw ;-)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mistajista, Nov 19, 2008.

1. SScorpio

SScorpio Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX
    I haven't tried much in the way of testing game performance but I'm loving the multi monitor support. I've been running SLI'd 9800GTXs /w 8600GT and these drivers work perfectly with this setup and even allow me set the PhysX card which I couldn't do with the old way I tricked mutli monitor SLI support into working.

Other than having to manually modify in the 8600GT support these drivers are perfect.

2. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    so far only downclocking issue is wc3 into 3d instead of 3d performance which honestly does not matter since its pulling max fps on max settings anyways.

other then that best drivers in long time

3. voltsb333

voltsb333 New Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    anyone tried if this driver works with rivatuner 2.11 fan control (not the low-level fan control)

4. Nictron

Nictron Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Titan X
    I have always had problems with application switching between Full screen and Window mode and then opening the browser. The only driver that works for this is the 177.92 driver gives no issues in this regard.

How does the 180.48 perform with Tab-switching or going from the game to a browser window?

Also have they fixed the LOTRO DX10 Dynamic shadow problem that was there in the previous 180.xx drivers?

Much appreciated.

5. howzz1854

howzz1854 Member

GPU:
    dual Sapphire Tri-x R290x
    i agree to what you're saying to a point. just like purchasing anything in the market, research first buy later.

however, in the case of GX2 it's like saying you buy a high performance car from Mercedes with whopping twin turbo 451hps, but only they tell you one of the turbos will only kick in depending on the weather. some days are rainier than the other, well... shyt you're outta luck.

if you're gonna build something called SLI or even GX2, why half ass it. if you're gonna half ass it, why do it.

6. mattymaxima

mattymaxima Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI
    Not for me, so no I dont believe so. Use EVGA precision if you dont want to use low level

7. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    Terrible AA quality with these drivers. Looks real bad in PR, real bad like its not even working. AA was much better in beta 180.43 Looks like Nvidias bark about big bag 2 was just a bunch of hot air. Im not impressed nvidia. I gained 19 points in vantage and I know its comparing 7series to 8 but theres nothing exciting for me with these drivers and IVe been waiting a while for them. Why dont nvidia just say every wqhl driver is a big bang release cause when it comes down to it thats all it is.

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

There are no such known issues between 2.11 and 180.48. Version 2.20, which is supposed to be released within a few minutes, won't address anything like that too.

9. ozzygt

ozzygt New Member

GPU:
    GTX260 216/27'' LCD Monit
    a lot of negative issues with this driver,,why nvidia do this!!supposed they test a lot de drivers before get the offical WHQL.:chainsaw:dammit

10. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nah... driver is great. Everything works perfect for me.

11. pdawg17

pdawg17 Member

Modded .inf for Vista x64 available?

12. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    New Riva is out and everything is working as it should. And yes, not low level fun control is working too.

13. BCC335

BCC335 Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285/Evga GTX 480
    Unable to use Latest Ntune or Nvidia System tools with these drivers

FYI to anyone who uses Ntune or Nidia System tools. After installing either the latest version of Ntune or Nvidia system tools with this driver the Screen goes blank on boot up after windows starts and hangs there. Appears to be conflict with Nvidia display port on boot up.

This is on win xp sp3, 8800gts 640mb. Anyone else having the same problem?

First time ive ever had a problem with new drivers.

Save the use this program comments and did you run driver cleaner etc.... etc... the answer is yes cleaned in safe mode and as for your program preference I have them all already and run what works for me.

14. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Sweet. I have used RT for awhile now and have enjoyed it. Lately though I have only used it for the fan speeds. I have no reason to oc my card since it's doing great as it is. I installed Evga's Precision utility and it works just as good for the stuff I use it for and it's made by the same person, or so I was told. If it wasn't for me installing the new drivers and losing my fan option, I would have probably never even got Evga's Precision. Was happy with RT.

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I think it's kinda rude how they do that. A lot of people don't even use Physx.
    We should be able to d/l it separately if we want it imo...

FAIL.

FAIL.

FAIL

So many fails....they should call this thread "Vault Of Fail Cont." lmao

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008

16. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Ntune or whatever it's called these days has to be installed a certain way otherwise problems can occur. I believe if you are installing a new driver and have ntune installed, you have to uninstall ntune, then install new driver and reinstall ntune. It use to be in the release notes, not sure if it is still there.
    If you already knew this, then I would just uninstall ntune and use one of your other programs. RT or Evga's Percicsion.

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What's nTune?

18. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
  19. RiptoR

RiptoR Member

GPU: