Forceware 180.48 WHQL ftw ;-)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mistajista, Nov 19, 2008.

1. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    These seem to have stopped the CoD4 crashes. Haven't tested any other games yet tho.

Will post back results soon.

2. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Anyone have any issue with RT 2.11 and the 180.48 with missing fan option? My fan option(tab) is gone. I no longer have it after updating to the new driver. I know the new RT is out soon but just curious if anyone notied that the fan TAB is missing. The tab I am referring to is the FAN tab next to the Overclocking tab.

3. midweskid

midweskid Guest

Np with my 7900. Getting better frames in fallout 3 than with 178.26 tweakforce, win xp 32bit. Fan option is present here in rivertuner.

4. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    I had the very same problem,my gso took a 3-4 degs rise in all the 180.xxx drivers and my idle temps were already a bit high.Sucks its like I have to choose btw performance or better temps...

5. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    there not bad drivers COH is a bit jittery on my gx2 but its ok

6. urmysin

urmysin Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GT 1GB SLi
    I don't drink but you can email me an ice cold Vanilla Creme Soda......MMMmmm......Yummy. :)

Drivers appear to work ok for me as well.

7. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Drivers installed just fine and no issues thus far on Vista 32bit with pretty much a clean install and all updates from MS installed.

Nvidia tests like this also..they always test using a fresh OS install with updates and nothing more. usually if there is a problem its from another pc of software or 3rd party driver so don't be so quick to blame Nvidia.

8. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Wow, very nice results with this new driver. With the last certified driver I got 293 fps in cs stress test at all max including nv cp @ 1680 res. With these at same settings I get 336fps.

Question, does anyone know why I can't enable physics? It reverts back to disable when I hit apply.

@paincakes
    I get corrupt graphics with the last certified aswell when I change, for example, AA setting and return to game. Maybe it's just not a good idea to change any major graphics settings after starting a game.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  9. ownz

ownz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980ti
    if fan dont work on rivatuner just use lowprofile guys and it works fine ;)

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    reserved ....

11. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    i got a 2c increas i heat lol strange

12. meds

meds Master Guru

GPU:
  13. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Did they manage to fix the downclocking issues present in the betas? Thanks.

ps. woot on the upcoming RT release :)

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Downlowding now :) will test in my secondary rig with my 8800Ultra.

15. mattymaxima

mattymaxima Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI
    This has been mentioned before. Use low level fan control or use EVGA precision.

16. Mchart

Mchart Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470
    These drivers decrease performance in left4dead for me compared to the .44's. Weird.

17. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    well, im havng problems, before this driver i had 180.47 and farcry2 runs nice.. averything at max and about 27/34fps, the i install the new ones, and the game when is loading crash.. i tried several times and crash.. fallout3, red alert3, cod4 runs pretty well.. the problem is only in farcry2

18. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Thanks. Did not notice in the thread anywhere but I could have just overlooked it.

You think this will likely be fixed in the new RT?

19. mattymaxima

mattymaxima Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI
    And yes the new drivers are being tested on the new RT before its release. Should be working fine then but why not just use EVGA? I personally use EVGA for overclocking and fan control and RT for eye candy goodies in conjunction with nvidia's control panel image settings.

20. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    this are te worst drivers I ever use ... i get horrible performance on fallout 3 and pro oevolution soccer 2009, in fallout the camera freezes while shotting to enemies, and when moving the camera to the sides, and so far I get 4 crash errors and it said there was a problem and fallout needed to be close ... Im very disappointed