Forceware 180.48 WHQL ftw ;-)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mistajista, Nov 19, 2008.

1. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    constant fps makes your gaming smooth, if you have 60fps rock solid that's best case scenario, but when u gonna play w/o cap its possible that u gonna feel slowdowns etc, when fps lowers from example 150 to 90

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

save nvapps.xml in your system32 folder (or windows folder idk use search xD) or use nhancer

3. vinvin33

vinvin33 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 GTS
    Great, I'll try that right now !

4. .exe

.exe Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX275 XXX Edition
    So, it's better to force VSYNC and stay to a rock solid FPS?

5. Izeliae

Izeliae Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800GTX SLI
    ugh, having no luck with the 180 series and vista x64 with my sli 8800gtxes!
    every time i try a 180 my 2nd card gives
    "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
    and i cant enable SLI :(

occasionally i can install a 17x series driver and overwrite it with a 180 driver and get SLI to work for a few days, but then it corrupts and i BSOD until i safemode / wipe the drivers :(

both cards work fine with 17x drivers and xp works fine sli with any drivers, but i want my dx10 goodness :(

is anyone else having vista x64 issues with these and sli? really want to use both monitors without restarting every time i wanna play a game at higher settings.

6. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    In my opinion yes, i was use Vsync (however i get brutal tearing without it) so that's a reason too :)

7. .exe

.exe Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX275 XXX Edition
    Interesting, I will force it on World in Conflict, let's see the results :p

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I never use Vsync cuz i dont see tearing at all...fps is much higher enyway

9. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    This tearing effect depends on monitor that u are using, so that's why, lucky u, i see tearing even on desktop (w/o aero, or enabled compiz in linux) is horrible

10. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    No problems whatsoever over here using Vista x64. Did you already try reseating or swapping your cards?
    EDIT (even more off-topic): I would try running that CPU @ 8x400 in sync with your mem @400MHz btw :p

Nice drivers so far. I'll check if I can play CoD-W@W normally now :)
    EDIT 2: yay, I can. Very playable and very much enjoyable :bounce:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008

11. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    sounds like you may need to rma your card, some gtx's are just hella picky

12. Izeliae

Izeliae Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800GTX SLI
    i already reseated the cards, its always the bottom card.
    as for the board - wouldnt they not work in XP if it was the board?

i cant really run my cpu at 400, yeah i know i know it should but it wont, it will run 425 before it will run 4... fsb hole :(
    i have them synced atm @ 356 and they run great

13. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The "up to 80% boost" is compared the the last WHQL driver which was a 178 series driver. Comparing a very close build (180 beta series) driver with this one isn't fair as most of the changes would have been already present.

On a side note, everything went okay for the install but I had to reset my main power button on my start menu... my shut-down button morphed back into a sleep button. Weird!

14. ozzzy

ozzzy Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    why this 180.xx driver decrease core clock from 650 to 450mhz, and memory from 1800 to 1500mhz on my GeForce 9600GT? :confused: and where is option for cloning displays ? wtf :3eyes:

15. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    Anyone getting control panel has stopped working message?? i keep getting this?? using the vis.64 drv.

16. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    what do you want me to prove?? The drivers have a set certain cards it supports and thats it..there is your proof. You taking a modded INF file to MAKE them at least load on a different card isn't doing anything and will most likely cause problems. I'm sure the 8800's and 8600's for example really differ from each other in many ways but yeah I'm too lazy right now to find those ways cause its just border line crazy to assume they should work with other cards when again Nvidia made the supported card listing and thats that. Don't have a 8800 or up then stay with the recommended driver it picks for you from the driver site.

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Difference is that they dont test drivers with 8600gt and older, it doesnt worth the money, they will probably work, but they dont guarentee anything, but when you mod, its all up to you and they r not responsable =)

18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While you may hate that attitude, conversely, he hates Nvidia's sttitude. The 9800GX2 isnt even a year old and support is now pretty much non-existant for newer games. FC2 has been out for a month now and STILL the game does not run at an acceptable rate at even a modest resolution (1680 x 1050), there has been no explanantion of why this is from Nvidia or Ubishaft.

Having owned a 9800GX2, I understand why people are getting annoyed. I sold mine at a substantial loss (albeit to a friend) but I wouldnt have received much more for it if I had sold it publically because everyone knows that it sucks and has terrible issues that are never resolved.

Dont give me any of this "SLI problems" either, FC2 is fine with GTX 280 SLI. The fact is that if Nvidia wont support a card that is less than a year old, I'm questioning whether I will stick with them come upgrade time. There is definitely a time when older hardware can expect a lack of support but the 9800GX2 is relatively new and Nvidia beats the SLI drum very hard in order to sell that technology.

9800GX2 = Truckload of Epic Fail IMHO. If I do buy Nvidia come upgrade time, it will be a single card, if Nvidia at all. They have proven through 2 generations of "2 in 1" cards that they cannot be trusted.

E

@ steve - Try these mate, apparently they help FC2 with the 9800GX2

http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=229

19. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
  20. weebeast

weebeast Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 9800GX2

I played FC2 1 month ago and had 8-15 fps with 1680 x 1050 resolution everything ultra high with AA set to 8 if im right.It was bad but since i dont play such games i dont bother:p

Cod 4 and 5 125 FPS
    GRID it never lags but i dont remember the fps
    Red alert 3 30 fps thats capped i heard
    LOTR Lagged sometimes but that only happend if there were many people and it should be fixed now

280gtx is good but why should i sell the GX2 for a 280 gtx^^ they perform the same in the games i like.