Forceware 180.42 is released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by rachradio, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Cannot OC my cards with this set of drivers =S using rivatuner! can anyone recommedn me something else? I?m on Vista x64 SP1
    Other than that seem like a pretty good set, minor FPS increase in the Witcher, Crysis also seems more stable.
    WoW feels slower and has this problem with the shadows covering the landscape beyond ur light field....they are suppose to be appear/dissapear in a smooth manner once you approach/distance the char but they appear like they are at much slower frames the the rest of the game =S can't explain it very well=/

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  2. Arctucas

Arctucas Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I was noticing the Physx option in Control Panel also.

And I also never use Driver Cleaner, I always just install over the previous driver.

3. mikeyakame

mikeyakame Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 729/1566/2700
    rivatuner 2.11 overclocks fine here on vista x64 sp1. my fan control is done via bios so I haven't come across any problems so far.

4. auggie dog

auggie dog Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Evga GTX 670 FTW
    no fan control wtf?

5. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    Has anyone got the multi-monitor SLi working with Windows XP 32bit yet? Mine isn't working :(

6. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb
    No fan control? Is that for O/C only?

7. xdurus

xdurus Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 oc
    @me3850 far cry editor working with xp sp3

I bet these are nothing but modded quadro 178.26 drivers with Physx added that is why there is the "nvidia performance driver.exe" included in the installer, just as the quadro drivers have. I am also getting the same performance as I did when I was using the quadro 178.26

It might also explain why riva tuner is not recognizing them

8. Baldassano

Baldassano Member Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    My multi mon SLI is working flawlessly in Vista x32, and its super fast too.. Solid 125 FPS in COD4 Steady and Rock solid. Room for improvement tho, CSS Stress test only yeilds about 355fps.

9. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    is the multi-monitor SLI still only clone callable..

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Really great driver, i've used modded quadro 178.26 before (very good driver best of 17x.xx series, at least for my gpu :)) and with these it seems even better and faster, i've tested dmc4 and got better score in 2nd and 4th test (which are the most intense parts of the bench), Fear Combat maxed fells smooth and fast too, cod4, ut3 the same.
    Games that dont support physx seem to run even better if physx disabled (i noticed this from 177.xx upwards > since physx introduced, its like physx isn't completely disabled and it hogs some gpu resources).
    Im not saying that physx sucks, it works fine in phsyx based games and it doesn't slow it down... like in Grid, ut3- normal maps but hw enabled, worldshift, turok, frontlines fuel of war, well mostly any game that has build in physx engine; but in non based it doesn't shine it only bottlenecks gpu resources.
    I have no problems with fans or overclock in RT2.11. I force fixed fan speeds same for oc and it works fine as it always has lol :D.

I can only say finally nvidia you are almost there but still it could be a little better :D i do hope that the final version works even better and faster with same image quality.

11. DEATHSTAR

DEATHSTAR Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285 SLi + 8800GTX
    Finally!

XP32 180.42

:rock: With SLi enabled, I can play UT3 (AFR2) on one screen and play video (WM11) on my second screen.

Not as flawless.
    It won't let me play two games, each on seperate screen, not that I want to, but just a thought. It simply runs the two games on one monitor. I guess it has to do with the option called "SLi focus display" in NV control panel. Maybe there is a tweak that I need to do or maybe a driver limitation. Perhaps the fact that both games are set to use SLi. I have not changed profiles again to test this. Maybe someone can try out first, let me know :). I am happy, now I can play games and watch movies at the same time; how cool :nerd:.

Thanks Nvidia.

:edit:
    I did not remove previous drivers, installed over 178.15 xp32

12. xdurus

xdurus Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 oc
    I agree with DIGITaL HunTeR, I've also noticed a drop in performance with PhysX enabled on non-PhysX games

13. Humblepie

Humblepie New Member

GPU:
    2X EVGA 580 SLI
    lost control of monitor scaling

Driver install fine. cant run Vantage because minimum required resolution not available. Flat panel scaling is greyed out can't change from 1920X1200.
    And the fan control, low level works in Riva tuner.

14. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Using Rivatuner 2.11 and lowlevel isn't functioning properly.
    The fan-tab in the OC section is not available "gone" bye bye...

When adjusting to 100% for low-level-fan it goes drops from 35% to 25% upon hitting the "apply" button. then I have to manually inch the freakin slider to 93% just so it sets at 42%. ????

????? What the Heck??????

EVGA Precision no worky, doens't even register.

Vista x64 Ultimate. that's what this driver to my fan control haven't even played game yet cause can't OC...

Using 178.24 I could use both RivaT and EVGA Precision with no problems. Going back to 178.24 not working on this pup.

Also the Image Sharpening slider is still greyed out since 17x.xx
    it worked with the 16x.xx drivers.

Peace

15. digital demon

digital demon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Not a whole lot of difference with these drivers...3dMark06, Fluidmark and MKZ are all about the same.

16. alias716

alias716 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512MB
    how lame, the details in the PhysX properties are backwards...and no fan-speed support in EVGA precision.

17. Nictron

Nictron Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    A quick question to the guru's here.

I have a GTX 280 and a 8800 GTX, I want to use the 8800 GTX as the dedicated PhysX card, is there a way to tell the control panel to use the 8800 GTX as the dedicated PhysX card?

Thank you in advance.

18. Nictron

Nictron Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070 Dual OC
    If you open the Nvidia Control panel and then click the system information tab (bottom left) you can check the PhysX version in there.

Mine was upgraded to 8.10.13

19. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Lovely driver set on my setup i must say .. Vantage up my 250+ points :p .. all the games besides Crysis runs fine if not better .. Crysis Warhead has a hit of ~1-2 fps at most :( ... though nothing to worry about :) .. Games tested on yet : BioShock, BiA Hell's Highway, CoD 4 SP and MP, Crazy Machine II, Crysis Warhead, FlatOut Ultimate Carnage, GRiD, Half Life EP2, Pure, Stalker CS, Spore, TF2, TimeShift, Turok ... phew :p ...

PS : On Vista x64 SP1 ... OC works fine with Rivatuner v2.11 .. Fan control present under low level system settings .. though i don't need it :p ..

20. WinMacLin

WinMacLin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have a Dual Monitor setup and when I run my Cards in SLI and Launch World of Warcraft in Windowed Mode the FPS is likt 5-7fps and after a few seconds my system crashes.

This happens every time I launch WoW with SLI activated under the new drivers. I'm using Vista x64 with Dual GTX260's, I'm also using a 30" and a 20" Monitor.

Anyone else having this same situation with World of Warcraft? When I deactivate SLI the game runs fine in Windowed mode with this driver.