1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forceware 180.42 is released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by rachradio, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 TI SC2
    It has been repeated a number of times in this thread but I reiterate it for you...

Extract the files manually (WinRar or whatever) to a folder on your H/Disk and run the installation file from there. Going directly from the downloaded installer, it seems to pick up something else that has been installed on your machine (I assume from the temp folder are run it for one reason or another).

2. joikd

joikd New Member

Installed Far Cry 2 with previous nvidia driver--custom resolution of 2304x1440 worked with no problem.

Installed these drivers--2304x1440 works in windows, but is not an option in-game. I also tried changing the gamerprofile.xml to 2304x1440, but it had no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    Major disappointment - NVIDIA is totally losing it - and the fact they are sneaking in extra performance at the cost of IQ is outrageous - Sticking to the 178.13 until something half decent comes out without cheating performance with filtering yet making it appear that they are disabled in the drivers. VERY sneaky.

Big Bang is an overly hyped name !

4. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Wowser on all the complaints......................................

Install was clean, games look great no problems here!!

And oh by the way, I had the dual core optimizer already installed, trust me, if you are on an AMD system it does help!!

Off to gaming...................

5. renno03

renno03 Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512 AlphaDog
    Mersonix, I also had this problem, but in my case it would install a screensaver I had downloaded. The problem is that if you run the .exe you have downloaded (the driver file)
    in a folder that has any file called setup.exe, after the temp files extraction is complete the installation that will open is the one of your setup.exe file, not the Nvidia driver's one.
    This is the same problem some other people have been having; most of them thought their driver file was broken.

:confused: Hope you could understand, I'm Brazilian, my english is not that good...

By the way, 180.42 ran beautifully here. BiA: Hell's Highway is way better with them than with those 180.10.
    :thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Beta= PASS

"Beta drivers are provided by NVIDIA as preview releases for quick bug fixes and access to new features. Beta drivers are under qualification testing, and may include significant issues. It is the end user's responsibility to protect system and data when using Beta drivers with NVIDIA products. It is strongly recommended that end users back up all the data prior to using Beta drivers from this site. Please ensure that newer Recommended/Certified drivers are not already posted on NVIDIA.com prior to installation and usage of Beta drivers. Beta drivers posted do not carry any warranties nor support services."

7. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Performance seems about the same in games like Crysis Warhead and Brothers in Arms Hells Highway. Vantage went up by about 150 points but I guess its thanks to the new PhysX package in this driver. :pc1:

8. Roft

Roft Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! GTX 480
    Great drivers for me. I'm running Farcry2 smooth as silk at max settings. (1920X1080, 2XAA, V-Sync).

Side note: God I love Farcry2!

9. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Xp32 with eVGA 9800GTX & 180.42

Change flat panel scaling is NOT AVAILABLE for any monitors. I use this because it doesn't have the latency hit that letting your monitor interpolate a nonnative resolution does whe you use most LCD's. Anyone confirm this working or not on their end?

10. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Not having flat panel scaling available is usually because the drivers have picked up a HDCP monitor and as such have to disable "interference" with the signal to enable high def content to play.

11. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    So, anyone figured out how to control both fans via low level can controller when in SLI?

I cannot get it to work at all? ~

12. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It was repeated many times, just select each device in the main tab and configure fan for it independently.

13. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Except it works in every driver version before...and most current LCDs are hdcp by default.

14. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    Do these drivers work with GF 7900 GS ?? Because its not in the List!

15. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ2 CFX
    Here, everything is fine with 180.42 and Nvidia Tools 6.03.

Working Great!!!!

16. yuka

yuka Active Member

GPU:
    9800gtx @ 820 / 1200
    but you cant control fan settings, even with system toold 6.03

17. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
  18. blunden

blunden Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 Ti
    I just noticed that the jumping from 3D clocks back to 2D clocks seems to work fine now. :D Up until now I always had to downclock it myself and on the GTX2xx cards the 2D clocks are lower than I can get normally. Might possibly have worked in 180.10 but I don't think it did. Never did in the 17x.xx ones though.

Btw. my installer on Vista x64 worked just fine. The first time they used a winzip self-extractor though. :p

EDIT: Nevermind. It was only the "PhysX on dedicated GPU" they were referring to, not PhysX used the normal way on the same GPU.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  19. PhiberOptic

PhiberOptic Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI
    guys pls help. I download 180.42 and try to install but i only install fraps and after that nothing... no nvidia instalation screen, nothing.

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Just decompress the downloaded exe with something like 7-zip and then run the setup.exe, which you can find in that folder. ;)