Forceware 177.41 Official NV driver (inf needed)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HaZe303, Jun 26, 2008.

1. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Has anyone else gotten a "faulting module nvd3dum.dll" either BlueScreen or BF2 memory error CTD while playing BF2 with these? I've had them on for about a week now and they just started this last night.

I had 4 over a period of one evening , some coming after a few mins and some after an hour or 2 , I reverted back to the 175.19's and is has gone away.

Also it did not seem to remove itself properly , I did as I always do and rebooted into safe mode , run Guru driver cleaner (the old one) and Driver Cleaner Pro , rebooted back into windows , but when I rebooted my desktop was still at 1680X1050 and all icons still in place , this has never happened to me before. I always get the enhanced desktop after removing and flushing drivers.

2. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

I dont get anything out of the ordinary with these and BF2 - now you did say you get memory erros, and you're using 1GiB 9600GT's in SLI - so maybe thats the issue. These driovers were not intended for our cards, so maybe they're really not optimised for your 9600GT 1Gib's, but are ok for standard cards, like an 8800GT 512 etc

3. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    hey DG thanks for the reply ,

Yeah my next question was going to be if maybe SLI was the problem and I bet it was , I didn't think about the 1GB editions being a consideration also though , VERY good point!

It drove me nuts the first couple of Bluescreens I got , then when the next couple of times were mem errors I just started running my mem Microsoft tester and then just thought maybe just maybe it was the driver.

SO I rolled back to 175.19 and it seems to be working much better now , I also cleared out my cache files in the BF2 folder and reset my page file just in case.

but since my cards are 1gb models I think i will just wait for release drivers from now on.