ForceWare 163.44 XP/Vista (32 and 64 bit)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Sieras, Aug 20, 2007.

1. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470

will try BioShock out and will tell you what l'm getting as got near the same setup as you

2. lamenting

lamenting Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia GTX 285
  3. most leftist 69

most leftist 69 Master Guru

GPU:
    evga nv 8800 gt 700/1750/1680

yes, it's likely not going to be fixed.

96.89 was the last driver that it worked.

i'd bet someone the value of everything i own that nvidia is going to tell us that the solution is to use your monitor's scaling.

4. mr. nails

mr. nails Member

GPU:
    AMD 6850
    these screws up my quicktime by crashing my internet browser and if i watch a hd trailor it does a complete shutdown of my browser. i'm running winxp 32bit.

bioshock ran pretty damn good it seemed even though i did reach 10fps once. avg 15 fps and 25 fps for the high with everything maxed out on high with 1024x768 rez. looks crappy 2 me on that rez, but game played good.

5. nathanstaples89

nathanstaples89 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7850 2GB
    Thanks for the suggestion but for me it just says 1360x768 at 29 or 30 hertz, and it also says Interlaced in brackets beside it...anything above 1280x1024 @ 75Hz shows up as Interlaced for me there....

Manage Custom timings didn't work until I went into the Advanced tab, and made sure it was all what I needed :D

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  6. refraction

refraction Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    are you forcing any AA at all?

7. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    these are by far the best driver for me to date.. they fixed alot of lil things in bishock the other drivers did not have. and all other games play ultra smooth. there is no DV startup delay. plus u dont lose DV comeing out of 3d mode! this was the biggest issue for me with earlier drivers. i think next release will b even better. we're gettin there folks.

8. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    yeah i found that out a few mins ago when u quit a game, your DV wont go back.

9. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    I got a problem with these drivers when i force AA (i got problems with others too lol), when i force AA i have some black squares on my screen and some textures become white and corrupted...

10. evo4ever

evo4ever Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra KO
    From what ive read from 8800GTX/Ultra users these drivers seem to benifit them rather than other users with different GPUs!

11. EJ-14

EJ-14 Member

GPU:
    780GTX/3GB
    Hitman-47, that's a nice OC on your GTS. Maybe try backing off to 620/2000 and see if it clears up any of your problems.

12. tonk

tonk Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gts x2
    These Drivers are fantastic in all the newest games and demos. However I have recently started playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and it looks like total *** running these

13. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    best driver so far IMO.

Fear - min fps 48, 162.50 min 42
    Eve-online - station - 225 fps, 162.50 192 fps (16x CSAA)
    CS:S stress test - 173 fps, 162.50 164 fps (16x CSAA)
    bioshock demo runs perfect maxed out dx 10

Using vista ultimate x64

14. MacBooom

MacBooom Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 stock
    this driver runs great with Moh Airborne (demo) if you add the MOHADemo.exe with Nhancer to its game-profile.
    doubles the performance in fps

15. Kakihara

Kakihara Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX (SLI)
    SOunds like your overclocks are too much, voltages have a problem or your cooling not enough, did you try to test it's stability with apps like Prime95 ?
    hxxp://www.mersenne.org/
    try the stress test, if it fails quickly your overclock is unstable

I'm saying this because the only time I failed test is when I tried tor each 3,5Ghz with my CPU... you may have another problem tough good luck !

16. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    You really should reword this or do you actually need an explination of what vsync does?

Resorting to name calling is never the answer and only servers to make you look even more foolish

Drivers are crap for me I tried installing several times using driver cleaner each time went back to 162's. As for Bioshock it runs great on my pc at 1280 everthing maxed (in xp of course so no DX10) So without AA I get a great fluid game, and as we know AA does not hit these 8 series cards that hard.

The Problem:
    Install goes fine restart the pc, stuck at 640x480 4bit color man windows sure looks good at the res and color depth.....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  17. LiQU!D

LiQU!D Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB XfireX
    I hate it when I accidentally type server instead of serve.

Anyway, this driver still screws with HD channels and movement as can be seen in my other thread.

18. Grymn

Grymn Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 512 750/2100 SLI
    I know they're enabled in the 162.50's. Will test these later and do a compare between the two in actual games.

19. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB

i hate to say it guys. but i think we are gonna have to start leaving our old titiles behind lol :beam: unless nvidia came prove other wise. as far as the drivers go. i never do a install via setup. i force it through device manager always works best for me. make sure u guys clean old drivers with driver cleaner also

20. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Nono man it isn't o/c the problem it's game texture bug when forcing AA only, because game don't support native AA... I have same problem without o/c...

It's just game who not support AA but i want AA it's ugly without and some people can force it without problems and me i got white textures and black squares on screen...