Forceware 158.18

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by desdick, Apr 17, 2007.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    are you serious?? If I found out that Nvidia was spending their very valuable time trying to get Itunes to run better, which shouldn't even be USED on a PC, I would go on a frigging rampage.. you can wait your turn.. Itunes is the least of their problems right now.. wth would you use Itunes for anyways?? Oh right.. you have an ipod and its too stupid to work with any other software.. right, I forgot.

2. Sharoth

Sharoth Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2080 OC
    Heh.. You putz.. that is the point he was trying to make. Sarcasm =o)

3. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    I have a 7950 GX2, and I believe that when I enable Multi-GPU mode, some games act slower in SLI than they did in single. Flipping through the aero videos seems to be where I can point it out the easiest.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

if he was being sarcastic, you can pass over the dunce cap.
    Just sumtimes on these forums you catch some pretty ridiculous posts, and its tough to tell which are legit..
    sarcasm doesn't translate well when you type it out :)

5. Retrolock

Retrolock Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    with this driver, i was able to complete a 3dmark03 test without that dreaded driver error! whooppee. Haven't tested in games though. too lazy lol.

6. Sharoth

Sharoth Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2080 OC
    Heh Yeah.. =o)

7. jaimyp

jaimyp Active Member

GPU:
    Jetway 8800GT 512MB
    Yes, I am serious. And I don't know why I am using iTunes anymore, it's a slow startup piece of crap on Windows anyway. I gave my ipod away to my girlfriend so there is no use anyway :p Back to Winamp.

I'm still pissed off at these drivers, I get the feeling I have to wait another month for a chance of my problems maybe getting fixed but probably not.

I just don't feel like installing XP again but I'm getting a bit tired with Vista this way.

8. elpirate1

elpirate1 Member

GPU:
    DUAL GALAXY 8800GT SLI

just thought ide say that i am having the same issue, its not the board, i have the asus p5n32-e sli 680i which is pretty well straight off the press and 4gb of ram. I just see a black screen on windows start up and can hear it starting up, just like princess frosty.:cops:

9. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    Anyone else have an issue with these drivers where ntune shows the gpu and memory clocks to be at 0. Also atitool shows both clocks to be 0 and I cannot change the clocks with either tool.

10. gL1tch

gL1tch Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT @ 490/1180
    cs:s keeps crashing on me.

This didn't happen before but it's happening all the time know. Black screen of death.

11. Grymn

Grymn Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 512 750/2100 SLI
    Oblivion seems a little faster outdoors judging by fraps (still crappy on a 7900 tho.) Better than the 101's IMO but still far from complete. Getting a 7950 GX2 from a buddy, can't wait for the list of issues. Running XP64.

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    any one tried this with stalker?

13. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Anything below 8xxx series don't have any benefit from this driver and newer ones. Don't bother. I've made many tests with differents games, none increased performance. I'm using WINXP SP2.

14. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    After installing 158.18 and playing Age of empires 3 and Titan quest I got black screen

15. Project2501

Project2501 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4870 DK TOP
    These drivers are horrible. They play some games flawlessly but on my rig BF2142 freezes, hard lock, after less than 15 minutes of play time. WEAK.

16. LordSoth

LordSoth Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    i tryed this driver and mostly ok, FEAR went up about 10 FPS but prey lost about 15 FPS :(. Also Half Life 2 Crashes to desktop :(. Any idea's how to stop the HL2 crash ???.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Dark Crusade locks up with this driver for me.

18. Ilya

Ilya Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    I got like 15fps boost with those drivers in cs:s but during gun fights it sometimes goes down to 10-15 fps as it did on 165s , never had those problems in xp.
    I am running 6800gt

19. argylesocks

argylesocks Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS (620/1000)
    i had one CTD after about 15mins... after that, its been fine.. i played HL2 for 1.5hrs last night with no problems....

i did notice that there were two Alex's at the same time in one scene.. haha. but i dont think that was a nvidia problem. :)

20. Grymn

Grymn Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 512 750/2100 SLI
    Haha nevermind. This driver slows down Infernal so much it's not even funny. Back to the 100.95.