Force widescreen resolution in games

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Freeze, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 reference
    I've recently bought a new widescreen 19" LCD monitor with optimum resolution of 1400*900. I thought that all games would support this resolution but I was wrong. Many games like NFS-Carbon does not support any wide screen resolutions which results in degraded image quality on LCD.

So my question is that is there any utility with which I could force this resolution in all games even if they do not officially support it?

Thanks in advance.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Look up on google.

widescrengaming forum.

Top result.

3. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 reference
    Thanks man. Can't believe I missed that.

But somehow I feel there could have been a setting in nvidia control panel or an nvidia utility to force widescreen resolutions in games like they allow us to force AA or AF.

4. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Your right, but up until recently, there were some very disjointed attitudes out there. e.g. EA trying to argue that widescreen was an unfair advantage in multiplayer games, but luckily, thanks to microsoft's 'games for windows' standard, all new PC games have to support widescreen.

5. reholli

reholli Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX KO ACS3; 174.12
    Ah, yes, but even with Microsoft's Games for Windows standard, how the game creators choose to implement widescreen can still leave many users dissatisfied, e.g. Bioshock.

6. El1iP3S01D

El1iP3S01D Member

GPU:
    nvidia 880 gtx in SLI
    Reholi...

Driver 169.01 xp 64 bit did not work with the workaround that you suggested, so i had revert back to driver 158.27 xp 64 bit...If you know of another way, i'm open to suggestions...Thanks again...:cops: