1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force 1024x768 resolution without HDMI monitor

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by andreu, Feb 4, 2015.

1. andreu

andreu New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8510G
    Hi there,

this is my first post in this Forum. I've been taking a look and it seems to me there a lot of expert People here who could eventually help me solving one issue.

I have a PC with Windows 7 and a AMD Radeon™ HD 8510G. The PC has got 1xHDMI port and 1xDP port only.

For a specific usage, I Need to control the PC through a tablet which is connecte using TightVNC to the PC using an AD-Hoc Connection.

In this application, we can not use any Monitor plugged to the HDMI because of space issues. And this is where the Problem starts.

I Need a 1024x768 Resolution Image for the tablet for a correct visualization, but if I Startup the System without Monitor, the Driver Forces the resolution down to 640x480!!!

I am sure there must be a Register or a Service to deactivate this and force the Resolution to a customized one, i.e 1024x768, but I have not been lucky yet.

I have been looking in Regedit but without success.

Does anybody know how I could get a custom Resolution without having to connect the Monitor?

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,

Andreu

2. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan X
  3. andreu

andreu New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8510G
    Thanks DummyPlug,

any application to Change the Resolution does not work if no Monitor is plugged to HDMI.
    I guess the Radeon Drivers wait for the EDID Information coming from the Monitor. If they do not get the EDID Information the resoultion is set to 640x480.

I am trying to find a way to trick the Drivers to set the Default Resolution to 1024x768 instead of 640x480 if no Monitor is plugged... but without success.

4. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    does it have to be VNC ? why not just use the Microsoft RDP app ?

5. andreu

andreu New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8510G
    Hi Haldi,

With Microsoft RDP worked perfectly.

Thanks very much!