for the muscle guys

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Tranceholic, May 13, 2011.

1. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    And proper diets. Well, if you want real results anyway. D:

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, too often people follow a set and rep range, but don't realise that this should be a huge struggle.

If your doing 3 sets of 8 reps, then on set 3, ideally you will only be able to manage 6-7 reps.

And in my experience, the smaller the muscle group, the lower the reps should be when it comes to building size, for biceps i stick to 6-8reps, for triceps its 8-10 and for legs its 12-15.

4. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi

5. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Oh if you're looking for supplements, I always get mine from www.supplementsource.ca

I've found them to have great prices and impossibly fast shipping. Basically if I order anything (I generally order a lot at once) on a Wednesday, it gets here by Friday. They also offer free shipping on orders over $99, and a discount if you are in the military/police/fire/EMS. AND to top it all off, have amazing customer service.

NOTE: I'm not trying to advertise them, I'm just trying to help out the OP. There are other sites that work well but from my experience this is the best one. If it's a no-no I'll remove the link and can be PM'd and it can be sorted that way :D

6. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Well, i have started to wind down with my body building but still got to maintain the guns, this is me at last months something or other, so many i can't remember them all...

[​IMG]

I have a bet on with my former trainer (below)...

[​IMG]

...he thinks you can't build the forehead muscles and i think i can get them ripped, i can't think of anything else to work on.

7. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    penis workout. on serious note, i've put on 5 lbs within 3 days and hope the weight stays

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    You're not going to get big with 10lbs dumbells. Minimum should be a 20lb dumbell. If you want bigger biceps more weight with less reps > less weight more reps.

9. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    arms, forget isolation movements like curls. Do compound movements that workout many muscles at once. Do pull ups with extra weight, pin a dumbell between your feet and do pull ups. Do dips with weight. Do benchpress. Do military press. Do as much weight as you can while still getting to 6 reps. Do 6 reps 3 times for each type of lift.

Do this 2 times a week.

legs, do squats and deadlifts 1 time a week or 2 if you have the balls for it but I doubt you do. also 3x6.

a good example schedule would be the arm workouts on Monday and Friday and the leg workouts on Wednesday.

take protein supplement and creatine supplement. Take muli vitamin. All other supplements are not necessary.

Rest is key, between workouts is when your body recovers and actually gets stronger so this is the most important step. Get plenty of sleep, do not drink lots of alcohol as that tires your body and prevents it from getting stronger.

the last thing is the hardest. Getting stronger takes a long time. Be patient and stick to your schedule like clockwork. The results will slowly show over time. Every single one of those commercials and **** that says you can get ripped in 30 days or whatever are complete and total lies. Routine is key.

good luck.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    dont be surprised when ur farts and craps smell horrible with consuming protein in shakes and powders and etc. I say build muscle the real way but everyone cuts corners even in the military

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Should only smell horrible if you use cheap crap, anything milk based is especially bad.

Powders aren't cutting corners, its not always financially viable, or healthy to consume lots of meat, especially red meat.

12. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    hehe i surprised overall people spend 100+ for a protein jar.

I never used the stuff ever .... I got to see the negative too as well the ones who use protein and forget to work out

You can build muscle without suppliments I have 18" Leg Calfs (if thats how u spell it) and I dont use supplements..and I am a short guy looks like damn tree trunks lol

13. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i use powders 3x a day, this stuff.. i take 200g per shake though so double all amounts below
    http://www.discount-supplements.co....hey-protein-complex-carbs-5kg#product_details

Per 100g:
    Calories: 396
    Protein: 35.5g
    Carbohydrates: 50g
    Fats: 4g
    L-Glutamine (additional): 3500mg
    Creatine monohydrate: 3000mg
    Arginine alpha ketoglutarate: 500mg
    Creatine ethyl ester: 300mg

Amino Acid Profile:
    Glycine: 2g
    Alanine: 3.5g
    Valine: 5.3g
    Leucine: 12.8g
    Isoleucine: 5.5g
    Serine: 4.8g
    Threonine: 5.5g
    Tyrosine: 3.8g
    Aspartic Acid: 8.5g
    Phenylalanine: 3.7g
    Tryptophan: 2.9g
    Proline: 6g
    Methionine: 2.2g
    Cycteine: 2.2g
    Lysine: 9.9g
    Histidine: 2.1g
    Arginine: 3.6g
    Glutamine: 14.8g

i use it just for the amino acids i dont get from my food... i take in on avg 350g of protein a day this is double the amount a should take but i eat this as i prefer to eat alot fo high protien foods like chicken ALOT :) ...and eat approx 4000cals and its working great for me :)

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Theser days there are bulk places you can buy unflavoured stuff, which not only has alot less crap in it, but works out as £3.50 per lb.

My calves are around the same, but they are easy to build, small muscles and if your top heavy like me, you don't even need to train them, walking around is enough to build them if you up and down alot of stairs.

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    are you after weight or muscle? it's only possible to put on about 1-2 pounds of muscle a month without steroids/etc

16. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    The important thing is that you're eating enough. Your body is so dumb (or smart, depending on your POV) that unless it senses a clear surplus of nutrition, it's not going to build muscle with it because evolution has designed it to "think" that since in the past nutrition was scarce, it must be so in the future as well. Consuming about 500kcal over your break-even intake should be sufficient; any more than that and you'll encounter rapidly diminishing returns in terms of marginal muscle gains. Any less and you'll find your workouts are not giving you their full benefit.

Also, it's possible to gain a crapload of weight in a span of a few days just by boosting your carb intake, since carbs bind a lot of fluid. This is why it's not atypical for people who start a ketogenic diet (which entails cutting carbs to <20-30g/day) to lose 3-5kg within a span of just a few days. (Obviously, it's just as easy to gain those 3-5kg back after taking carbs back on board again.)

17. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    i'm after upper body's muscle since i have big legs but skinny arms. :3eyes:

18. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Kfa2 RTX 2060 6gb
  19. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire

This...also you could use 100% whey protein shakes..