1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For guys who are recommending Intel for gaming...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by naike, Jan 11, 2013.

1. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I didn't insulted you, all i said is that you have problems with understanding, and that is true.

I know you hate me, i don't care about it.

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    You essentially claimed I needed psychiatric help. How is that not an insult? All because I don't blindly believe a source with no credibility, over websites and journalists who have proven themselves over the course of many years. Some such as Guru3d have been around for over a decade.

3. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    And, again you proving me right, and insulting yourself. It's not me who insulted you, but you doing it to yourself, thanks to the fact that after watching (i assume you did watched) two videos those guys showed, you still believe they contradict to results of G3D.

I said that I'm not, and I'm really not, if I am, i would maybe understand why you can't figure out that fact. That's what i wanted to say, and said in short.

4. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'll quote alanm as he pretty much points out a large part of my problem with that 'site'.

If you fail to grasp the huge issue with that, there's not much else can be said. Regardless, you're next to illegible most of the time yourself. I wont be responding to you further. I refuse to waste my time.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    tweak is obv trolling. im just going to ignore him. anyone who says anything about intel is better than amd at something he comes up with an excuse, ie DRIVER PROBLEMS, and links to the same review in this thread which goes against EVERY Single other review that is from a reputable site. tek is not reputable, get that in your head. and dont come up with an excuse that its just different. also the fact most of what he says is not understandable. how about using google translate.

6. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    Since this thread has been reported multiple times lets just say........

tweakpower stop with the snide remarks.

Everyone else, talk about the topic at hand and look past what you feel is a fanboy, we have plenty of them here at Guru3D that like to crap on everything they don't like or agree with.

Don't turn things into personal attacks.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Yeah those results are clearly suspect.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    As I said in another thread....

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Infractions for any more off topic discussion, flaming or trolling.

11. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Lol again? seriously....

As i said, you guys posting over and over again results that do not contradict with results in video that OP posted.

It's hard to explain it to fan boys.

Don't delete my posts.

@hallryu, can you post my previous post and show me exacly where i was trolling and said things off topic? When you deleted that post, you should delete most of the posts here because they are less connected with topic than my last post, you are bad moderator.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    And there falls banhammer..

AMD, Intel all those cpus have their own strong and weak side. While Piledriver is good at handling video editing and multiple tasks (lets say on linux), Intel is more friendly on running dedicated tasks, like games.

There no perfect CPU, that will satisfy all customers needs. Everyone have their own needs, and for that we have this variety of CPUs.

If I were to run working machine with httpd, mysql, batches and other stuff, I would grab piledriver without 2nd thought (put server machine aside).
    But as we go into gaming, I'd still prefer to pick Intel, just cause it runs simple tasks more quickly.

AND, since most members here are gamers, their choices falls for Intel. Maybe someone prefer lower electricity usage, who knows.

You wouldn't argue if they prefer to drink coffee over tea, would you?

edit: + 1 for lock

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    He's having a couple of weeks off to think about ignoring our warnings.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well lets be honest the title of the thread is borderline flame bait. But in all seriousness all that needs to be said on this subject has been said in this thread and anything else will end up being a flame war +1 for close thread.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Every processor on the market, has a need it can fill.

Intel is master of per core performance....which is where it's advantage in gaming comes from.
    AMD, is currently master of ALU count...which lends it some advantages.

If your workload favors per core performance....go Intel
    If your workload favors multiple ALUs...go AMD

As long as the processor achieves the results you want/need....it doesn't matter which you buy. In the end, benchmarks really mean nothing compared to the overall user experience....

16. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Results which cannot be replicated and that which contradict known and consistently replicated results are either using different methodology (and therefore not comparable to available data) or in some manner inaccurate. It would have been fantastic had Piledriver been producing the results of these videos but I'm simply not seeing it either from amateur testing (that is to say, people who do not get paid for it) nor from professional testing like Guru. I'd love to have a secondary Piledriver system to play around with, not from a practical standpoint so much as for curiosity. AMD's unusual approaches in the architecture, or perhaps I should say non-traditional approaches, are intriguing. The chips aren't bad, they simply in most scenarios aren't as good as their competition and are certainly hampered by weaker performance per thread and higher power consumption for the same level of performance. If only Bulldozer had been the performance of Piledriver...

17. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    There's No frame rate counter in the video?...Why not?

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Very well said. This is exactly the issue with the tests and with AMD's unusual architecture. That architecture pays off very well in multi-threaded workloads however.

19. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB

Really, Piledriver should have been the first line of FX chips. It seems like the new architecture was such a new direction and undertaking that it was pushed to release at the end causing a lack of optimizations. I also believe that the these chips, while good, may be a little ahead of their time. When more and more software developers (and game developers) embrace multi-threading, these things will be absolute monsters. We've already seen those results in software that makes use of it.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^ I agree the new FX chips are really good at video encoding and if the program you are using is properly multi-threaded they own for the money. If AMD could do something about the power consumption and the developers out there would optimize for the architecture I would love to see the results.