Font spacing and color issues with 7.0.0 Beta and Final

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by jmaster299, Nov 15, 2017.

1. jmaster299

jmaster299 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW2
    For the last several years I've always used the Vector 2D display option for the basic OSD using a single color. I just finally let my system update to the Fall Creators Update last night, and now that option is completely broken. The different catagories are no longer aligned to the left, so the info being displayed for my GPU, Memory, FPS and CPU are all out of whack.

Now it's aligning everything to the right, so for numbers with 2 digits or 3 digits, that digit on the right is aligned instead of the first digit on the left. It looks terrible. Also, when specifically using the 7.0.0 Final, when using the Vector 2D, the font is super squished and tiny. Very difficult to read. Trying to use the zoom function doesn't work correctly as the slider only stops in stages, and the next size up is massive. When using the 7.0.0 Beta, the font size is correct, but the alignment is still off from what it used to be.

Also, the font spacing for information from the same source, such as displaying GPU Temp, Usage, Fan % and Clock Speed, those 4 pieces of information have these massive gaps between them. Which stretches the OSD nearly half way across my monitor.

Switching to Raster 3D fixes the font size issue, but introduces a whole new set of problems. It completely ignores the color palette I choose. The legend on the left that says what is being displayed, like "GPU" or "MEM" are all different color. And the worst thing is the actual display for my FPS is in white!!!!!!!!!! Which is impossible to actually see in 99.9999999999999999% of games.

Can we PLEASE get the old, simple, all the same color, not spaced out with several inches between each category, OSD that we've had for years????

Here is proof of what I'm talking about. There are two screenshots here and it helps highlight the difference between how it used to look and how it looks now. Yes the second screenshot on the bottom has more pieces of information being tracked, but you can clearly see the massive amount of extra space between all the different things being tracked on the "GPU" line.
    [​IMG]

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    You can get that yourself by changing the OSD layout settings. Not sure about this though as I don't think that it has changed actually:

3. jmaster299

jmaster299 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW2
    Please learn to read. The 7.0.0 FINAL has the font all squished and tiny, but even with the tiny, squished font, the font SPACING is still extremely wide. The gap you see in the bottom screenshot I provided is the 7.0.0 Beta, where the font size is good, but the spacing is huge. In the Final, the spacing is still huge but the font size is tiny as well as having an inch gap between each piece of information being displayed. I did not include a screenshot of the how the Final looks as I had already rolled back to the Beta to try and recover how things used to look. That old look, which I liked, is what is displayed in the top screenshot. It just looks a little fuzzy since I had to take a screenshot of a recording I previously made, and the recording was compressed. But the point of the screenshots remains the same, to demonstrate the difference in the font spacing between how it looked before the creators update and how it looks after the creators update.

I've tried all 3 display options, Vector 2D, Vector 3D and Raster 3D, and NONE of them are acceptable. All 3 improperly have the font aligned to the right of each section instead of the left, 2D has the massive gap between each piece of information and both 3D versions refuse to display in the single color of my choice.

Edit: Updated screenshot where the same pieces of information are being tracked and shows all 3 display tips. Explaining what is wrong with each one. If I wanted a terrible OSD, I'd use EVGA Precision. All screenshots are taken with 7.0.0 Beta. Only difference with Final is the 2D font is even smaller and can not be properly increased. Slider only stops in stages, making font either super tiny or it fills a quarter of the screen.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    This is definitely something that you should do. Good luck.

[​IMG]

5. jmaster299

jmaster299 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW2
    No, I can read just fine. If you knew how to read, you'd know I've tried every single possible setting in RivaTuner. There is NO option to change layout, font spacing, or anything else when using Vector 2D. I can change the location on my screen as to where it can be displayed, but that's it.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    So this screenshot above which I've made in about ten seconds doesn't exist then. Gotcha!

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

No need to report posts of those who actually give you helpful replies. dr_rus gave you absolutely correct suggestion and you're misunderstanding/misreading it. Select classic OSD layout to get old OSD representation or customize modern layout alingment properties. And no, OSD layout selection controls are not located in RivaTuner. OSD layout editor is accessible from MSI Afterburner, monitoring tab.
    Also, constantly using vector 2D rendering mode is a terrible idea. If you peek into the context help for it, you'll see that it is compatbility/troubleshooting path, which is MUCH slower and wchich is hurting perfirmance MUCH more than the rest 3D rendering modes.