Folding@JobCorps

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Vredesbyrd, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Vredesbyrd

Vredesbyrd New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 6850
    I'm trying to run Folding@home at my Job Corps center but it's not getting work because traffic is being blocked. I need to set a proxy server, but :/ I've never done this kind of thing before. I feel dumb and everybody in my class is calling me stupid for not knowing but I'm just now learning all this stuff. So I said "Fine, I'm gonna ask my internet buddies :( hmmph", so can somebody be a buddy and help me understand since I never did this in school when I was a kid.

2. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    don't no what a Job Corps is but one thing i need to asks is, have you got permission to fold there and to use the electricity/internet

3. Vredesbyrd

Vredesbyrd New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 6850
    I'm in a Cisco networking class, so I'm on the computer all day, every weekday.

4. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    ok but you still need to get permission to fold on computers that are not owned by you, maybe you need to talk to the admin if it block it mite be because they don't want you to use them that way
    i dont have any experience in proxy server ive so i cant help there maybe someone else here that can though setting it up

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The Job Corps campus is probably using a site/port filter which is probably preventing the IP's needed for Folding@Home from getting through. If this is the case, a proxy server won't help you.

6. mcfart

mcfart Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 5970
    Yep, while your intentions are good, talking to the admin's probably you're only option