Folding@Home - Join The Fight!

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Welcome...

2. Kwisatz

Kwisatz Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX285 OCX 1024MB
    Hi all, I'm in as Kwisatz89..very little points for now

3. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Give it time..

4. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I get around 2880 PPD for 511's and 3665 PPD for 384's on the system in my sig

5. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT X TRIO
    Breakdown of my ppd

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Hey guys, gonna join the team and give this ago. Just wondering what client is the best to use, and whether my CPU would give me better performance than my GPU?

Also is crossfire supported, because I could then make use of both of my GPU's, and is it possible to have a client that runs on both the GPU's and all 6 cores of my CPU?

7. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
  8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Thanks m8, I'll have a read :)

9. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT X TRIO
    Probably be best just running smp client with his 980x, since the 5870's will take full core each? won't 980x on it's own do 25-30k ppd

10. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Well, if you are patient enough, you can tweak the Environment Variables (http://en.fah-addict.net/articles/articles-1-3+gpu-environment-variables.php) so that the CPU usage is <5% (this value is for a single GPU system) so i am guessing that from 2 threads, it would be down to 1 thread. Nonetheless, some users have stopped the ATI folding as the PPD was too low when compared to the a3 bonus system.

MikeMM: In order for you to get this high PPD, you will be needing a passkey (http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-passkey) and the first 10 a3 WUs will be standard base points only then only you will be allowed to get bonus points. More info here: (http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=13160#p128586)

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Cool, thanks for all the help guys. Looks like I'm best starting with the smp client on my CPU. I will get it set up later and let u knowhow I get on!

12. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT X TRIO
    Don't forget to apply for your passkey an use it during config, need hand in 10 wu's with the passkey to get the bonus.

13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    OK guys, I set up the SMP2 client tonight and just wanna check its working ok. Followed all the instructions and it seems to be working ok. However, it doesnt seem to be using as much CPU usage as I was expecting... does this look like its setup ok?

How can i confirm its definately running accross all 6 cores? also is there a front end, or monitor that you can recommend to monitor progress, PPD etc?

14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    You sure your running SMP? You will need to make sure its running "-smp" from the shortcut?

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Yeah thats the one, unless in the last 900 years since I last folded it changed hehe.

Hmm might have to try smp again :D

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    cool, seems like i set it up ok then. just seems strange. 2 cores are running 60-70% usage, the other 4 about 10-30% and none of the HT cores are being used,

Also at the bottom of the guide it says "open the task manager and make sure there is 4 instances of FahCore_ax.exe in the list" but i can only see 1!

18. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    MikeMK: from the above screenshot that you posted, it seems that you have download the ProtoMol Core. This is for Classic Client only. You will be requiring the a3 COre to process the SMP2 WUs. In order to do that, you should add the -smp 10 flag to the Client. You may want to read this guide as I found this to be easier (http://fahwiki.net/index.php/How_do_I_install_the_SMP_Console_client_in_Windows_Vista?)

This
    is actually outdated as it was only for a1 core and is now obsolete for the a3 Core.

19. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
  20. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    hey MikeMK you many also need the add the flag( -advmethods -verbosity 9 -smp ) that should get you going