Folding@Home - Join The Fight!

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    ** Just to throw this out there...**

You can fold while gaming. I've not tried folding while playing any online super fps or anything...but folding doesn't have an effect on games like Civilization 4 at all.

2. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Agreed.

I play COD WAW, Supreme Commander, TF2, GTA4, UT3, GRAW, GRAW2, Fear, Front lines and more with no ill effects.

On the folding front I go from 8000+ to 3000-4000 PPD while gaming on my main display gpu, while still 8000+ on second card.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    So far I'm looking good to be back online folding Monday morning. Everything appears to be stable and running at full speed. Having a few temp issues, but I should have that sorted out over the next 24-48hrs. Unfortunately with the new motherboard, my CPU doesn't fit it's cooler properly resulting in higher than normal load temps (72C currently vs 58C previously). Will be picking up a Corsair Hydro H50 after work today, which should take care of the temps as the northbridge cooler will no longer be in the way of the CPU fan.

Unless the laptop has a removable GeForceGo card, there is no upgrade path.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  4. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    Interesting, thanks for the tip. If this is the case I'll continue folding while gaming. I'll try it out later and see if I notice any performance dips.

5. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    On a day with considerable gaming, I'll lose 2k points per day. So instead of 7000ish, maybe around 5000ish.

I wonder to myself if it's a good idea to game and fold at the same time. My 260 and powersupply haven't given me a single reason to fear yet...so I guess I'll find out sooner or later :)

6. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    you need to be careful with playin and folding, sometiems you get some really EUE's and NAN's suck big time!

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I have to be careful when doing anything...lol. Welp, folding has been impossible for the last week or so, and currently I'm still unable to restart. I picked up and installed a Corsair Hydro H50 lastnight. Thus far, the temps have improved slightly at stock clocks, but seeing as how I have no intention of running at stock clocks, this is nothing major. I'll be stress testing for the next few days and with any luck will be back folding soon....just need reasonable temps first and 68C just isn't doing it for me...

8. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    my i5 hits 65C @4.2 and i think thats a fair temp some people worry about temps too much, as long as it isnt something ridiculous should be ok

9. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i started now, doing GPU, but i don't understand what's this for, could someone explain?pls:D

10. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS

11. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    great, finally i understand..well here i come to joint the fight..i'll fold as much as i can..cheers

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The problem I'm having is, my target clock is 3.8ghz...hitting 68C at stock clocks means I'll be extremely close to the thermal limit when I get to 3.8ghz. I'll have all temp issues corrected by next monday though. I just need to figure out what to set my case fans to for maximum performance of the H50. Also need to cure the TIM....which takes a few days.

13. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    I hit 65c on my E6600 @3.6 on load.
    Wish I had money to upgrade as I can only OC so far...:eek:c:

14. VGR

VGR Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7870
    Just joined, GPU client for me. Does work just fine on my 8800GS :thumbup:
    I do use a different name because VGR was already in use :realmad:
    VGRlwd it is :bang:

15. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    Welcome aboard!! :)

16. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    This is a good looking graph.

[​IMG]

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Sadly, I had to temporarily put my folding on hold due to issues beyond my control. I also had to switch from my GTX275 to a GT220 that was actually purchased for an HTPC. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm folding again....

18. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    "How do I know I'm a geek", you say? I'm sitting at home on a Saturday night waiting to see my big moment. :boob: (my new favorite Smilie)

[​IMG]

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    lol...nice one

20. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060